Contribute
Register

iMessage not working at all -> El Capitan 10.11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that can sign but can't send, the fix is simple.
I've tested it on 3 machines and worked.

1-sign out iCloud and iMessage.
2-Choose a s/n no one has.
3-For MLB its your s/n + 5 ramdom numbers and letters.
4-Reboot.
5-Sign on to iCloud and imessage.
And thats all.

PS: After you fix your MLB make sure you check it with iMessageDebug.

If you are on Clover, try this. It's very easy and should maybe help.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

this worked for me on 10.11.5.
thank you!

When I started I was already signed in, it was just not able to send any messages and wouldn't even give the option for blue iMessages, just green texts. Either way it wasn't working.

So, I followed this guide, which made sense: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

And then I did some more fiddling, including Movilegodson's tip two posts up which is also in that guide ^^^, but all I accomplished is now I can't sign in at all.

My thought is that it must have to do with setting the primary network to en0. Which I just can't figure out how to do. I've follow various tutorials that all have you delete certain files and reboot and such. Stays the same though. I have two Ethernet ports, the top one (in the System Information page) is set to en1 and the bottom to en0, really not sure how to switch the order of those or if that's even what I need to do exactly. Really not sure which physical port is which. WiFi shows up as en2.

Hey how do you rebuild the permissions on the partition? I deleted all the other folders and now my imessages is messed up. I think it's because I'm unable to rebuild

you're welcome. If you need more help. Just ask. :)

I have a question.
If i think my UUID has been flagged or blacklisted will this process work to get iMessage back?

I don't know. But I think it will. Just try it :)

Now if you get Imessage to work reliably on my genuine Apple Macbook pro . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back