Contribute
Register

Imessage Not working after upgrading to Mavericks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same problem when I had a singlw drive iMessage work. I them mad a radi0 and every thing work but iMessage. I was looking at your post You said you change the boot-uuid from boot -uuid from the Raid identifier to a Universal System Identifer. How did ge the Universal System Identifier?

call the nummer of your country to apple and they will help you, i had the seem problem i search allover internet, nothing work, is thought why not calling them, thats was it after calling them explained what happend they helped me.

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

It worked perfectly for me, including NOT having to change the password. Kept the same password. And, yes, all devices and computers will re-prompt for the password for all Apple services (iCloud, FaceTime, iMessages, etc.)

Thx a million!

I tried all the methods here as well, no go. What finally worked for me was something different than what has been suggested from everyone else. It is rather simple to.

I tried FileNVRAM.dylib .2 and .3 .. I don't believe you actually even need these with the new Chimera on Mavericks. The problem exists on Apple's end in regards to registering your machine properly to imessage. after you reinstall several times it just gets confused it seems. I was popping up contact support and unable to activate with account errors for over 2 days of playing around.

What Worked (for me):

You need a real mac to do this, or at least a mac that can log into imessage successfully.

1. open imessage, then go to: Messages>Preferences>Accounts
2. click on your iMessage account (on left column)
3. on the right column select details (under sign out)
4. sign into your iMessage Account Details with your password and hit View Account.
5. re-enter your password and then re-enter it again to verify (you can use your same password)
6. hit save.

It appears this will reset your iMessage account information on apple's end and wipe out any devices that it may be confused with. The only bad thing is that you will need to re-enter your password on your "i" devices to log back into and register them with the iMessage service. not a big deal.

I run without FileNVRAM now and iMessage works fine. took me days to figure this trick out.

Let me know if this works for you, would be curious if this is the actual fix to the problem.

nope. did not work for my build. neither with current nor with new password.
i'm on chimera 2.2.1.

i had it working with chameleon (2.1 r2266, i think) on mountain lion.
now, after a clean install of mavericks, i can't get chameleon (any revision, even the newest r2377) to boot.

update: got it working -- see over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back