CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is the fix to get iMessage working after installing Mavericks, is there a fix? I saw in another thread, someone mentioned 'nvram fix' not sure what that is.

My system has a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH board, EVGA 670, I did a fresh install onto an SSD.

Thanks

What is the fix to get iMessage working after installing Mavericks, is there a fix? I saw in another thread, someone mentioned 'nvram fix' not sure what that is.

My system has a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH board, EVGA 670, I did a fresh install onto an SSD.

Thanks

Use FileNVRAM 1.1.2 for iMessage login issue
Use FileNVRAM 1.1.3 for FaceTime crashing issue.

These files have caused a lot of trouble, to the point where I'm not even sure if they are allowed to be discussed... But you will have to find these somewhere online and place one of them (Depending on which program you prefer most) into the "modules" folder where "Keylayout.dylib" is located, which should be in the "Extra" folder, or wherever you installed Chimera...

I'm having a similar problem. when I first started up my new install I could access iMessages but after a reboot its a no go. Did you end up fixing this?

So I applied the NVRam fix and it fixed my iMessage which now works.

1.)Download the correct file NVRAM (1.1.2 for iMessages), place this on your desktop. Select FileNVRAM/Archive :
http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/
2.)Navigate to your Extra/Modules folder and place the File NVRAM into Modules folder.
3.)Reboot

If this does not work then do the following (Thanks to Wildwillow)
Perform a reset password should via iTunes/accounts. Restart using UseKernelCache=No. Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 15.35.02.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-24 at 15.35.17.pngScreen Shot 2013-10-24 at 15.35.41.png

Adrian B

I tried everything in that link except for the NVram fix. One of the comments on that link mentions going to https://selfsolve.apple.com/wcResults.do and seeing if your serial is recognized. That person kept changing their serial until they got one that worked and then imessages worked for him. I tried mine and it's no good, is it worthwhile for me to try this method or should I just use the NVram fix, lose my facetime and call it a day?

The iMessages problem has existed for almost all of 2013.

The only FileNV RAM that works with iMessages is the older 1.1.2 version that I linked to earlier - have a look at your extra folder and see what version if any that you have installed. If you do not have an 'Extra' Folder, then you will need to create one.

Adrian B

Hi All,

Have installed several versions of OSX Mountain Lion over the past fews months with no issues with iMessages or FaceTime since the Chimera fix and FileNV RAM were implemented months ago. Even installed Mavericks and got both working no issue on an installation.

Unfortunately on my "Main" installation and the one I use ALL of the time(which I upgraded to Mavericks). I am stuck with both not working. Tried ALL of the fixes and no joy at all. I personally enjoy having both working and using both.

I will post back here in the rare chance I get one or both of them working again.

[Update]Followed the instructions in this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

My iMessage and FaceTime are both working again.

Spang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back