Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I'm able to log into iMessage and everything after calling the customer support and giving my 12 digit code, but now I'm getting a new error.

When I was on Mavericks I could send messages to anyone using a registered iMessage account (duh), but now when I try to message the same people on Yosemite I get an error saying "(Persons name and phone number) is not registered with iMessage." Which doesn't make sense because they are, and I can message them on my MacBook just fine.

Any ideas?

I'm curious what they told you when you called cause they would not recognize my hack serial number. How did you get them to recognize your hack and reset it for you?

Also, apparently iMessage and FaceTime will not work with Chimera or Chameleon until someone updates FileNVRAM. In the meantime it has been suggested to use Clover boot loader, or just wait for a fix.

I can't even use the AppStore on Yosemite, so you are ahead of me!

; )

I'm curious what they told you when you called cause they would not recognize my hack serial number. How did you get them to recognize your hack and reset it for you?

Also, apparently iMessage and FaceTime will not work with Chimera or Chameleon until someone updates FileNVRAM. In the meantime it has been suggested to use Clover boot loader, or just wait for a fix.

I can't even use the AppStore on Yosemite, so you are ahead of me!

; )

Ahh, I should've included this in the description, I am running Clover which is why they accepted my serial and such, and why I was able to log in! My NVRAM is all good to go because of this, just wondering what I do about this error now!

They don't *technically* need your serial number to reset iMessage if you have a code to provide them. They do ask for it, but in my case they seemed very confused about the lack of a digit, and finally said:

"Well, that's not why you're calling so let's get your iMessage squared away."

Someone in another post made a good comment to do a search for the iMessage help phone number and call that directly - not the number iMessage is asking you to call. Their reasoning is that the iMessage people will just ask for your Apple ID and the code, not your serial number.

Also, for most people using Chameleon/Chimera, the NVRAM issue isn't affecting FaceTime. There may be other issues.

So I'm able to log into iMessage and everything after calling the customer support and giving my 12 digit code, but now I'm getting a new error.

When I was on Mavericks I could send messages to anyone using a registered iMessage account (duh), but now when I try to message the same people on Yosemite I get an error saying "(Persons name and phone number) is not registered with iMessage." Which doesn't make sense because they are, and I can message them on my MacBook just fine.

Any ideas?

I am having the same issue now, I am on Yosemite and I am using Clover as my boot loader.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Resolved using the "How to Fix iMessage Guide" :) Make sure you thoroughly read EVERYTHING! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back