Contribute
Register

iMessage and FaceTime fix for macOS Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, just to make sure I've understood this. If I've a MacBook properly running iMessage and FaceTime (with Sierra), is it as simple to get them work in my Hack as copying the S/N, ROM, SmUUID values from one system to the other?

Cheers.
I think this assumption is incorrect. I think you will break the installation of one or both computers if the SN is found to be duplicated. You should be generating a new S/N, ROM, SmUUID for the Hack per the instructions. I may be wrong but this is my assumption.

Ok here's a weird one for ya:

I did not do any of the steps required to "Fix iMessage" when I did a fresh install of macOS Sierra on my hack, nor do I have a wireless card from osxwifi (thereby discounting the possibility of Handoff/Continuity). I wasn't really looking to add the feature. And now, about a week after the fresh install, the Messages app starts showing iMessage messages my wife is sending me?? I was unable to respond from the Messages app itself (they were flagged as "Not delivered" and now anything I send from Messages tries to use SMS and, I assume, Handoff/Continuity). Notwithstanding, the entire conversation, messages she sends me and messages I send her from my iPhone, is now showing up and updating in real time on Messages.

Anybody seen this behavior?

According to the Messages app, it is logged in using the iCloud account.

Weird...

Ok here's a weird one for ya:

I did not do any of the steps required to "Fix iMessage" when I did a fresh install of macOS Sierra on my hack, nor do I have a wireless card from osxwifi (thereby discounting the possibility of Handoff/Continuity). I wasn't really looking to add the feature. And now, about a week after the fresh install, the Messages app starts showing iMessage messages my wife is sending me?? I was unable to respond from the Messages app itself (they were flagged as "Not delivered" and now anything I send from Messages tries to use SMS and, I assume, Handoff/Continuity). Notwithstanding, the entire conversation, messages she sends me and messages I send her from my iPhone, is now showing up and updating in real time on Messages.

Anybody seen this behavior?

According to the Messages app, it is logged in using the iCloud account.

Weird...

I've had the same on my DELL Inspiron hackintosh, after a fresh install of Sierra iMessage started receiving messages. I was not able to reply, but to be honest iMessage was not my priority during the installation. I have not touched for a while I just got back to this yesterday when I went though the "An iDiot's Guide to iMessage" post and my iMessage works just fine now.
I have not seen this behaviour before, but it was an easy fix with the guide.

This thread is a little old but if anyone is visiting here and they have a customer code that just means your mac (Hackintosh) isn't registered to your Apple ID. It sounds crazy but I called Apple I gave them the Apple ID I was trying to register IMessage to and I gave them the code and then the registered it for me! They didn't suspect a thing! It's okay to give them you Hackintosh's Serial Number! IMessage works 100%

This thread is a little old but if anyone is visiting here and they have a customer code that just means your mac (Hackintosh) isn't registered to your Apple ID. It sounds crazy but I called Apple I gave them the Apple ID I was trying to register IMessage to and I gave them the code and then the registered it for me! They didn't suspect a thing! It's okay to give them you Hackintosh's Serial Number! IMessage works 100%

Would you be able to elaborate on all the steps you took if it involved any SMBIOS changes or anything of the like?

Much Appreciated.

Would you be able to elaborate on all the steps you took if it involved any SMBIOS changes or anything of the like?

Much Appreciated.
The only thing I did was I went into terminal and typed in uuidgen and pasted the numbers it gave me into the smuuid section (use this in clover configurator)

DID Y'ALL TRY GOING INTO ITUNES AND TURNING ON AUTHORIZING THIS COMPUTER

well that didn't work... I will try something else

I think it is because it set on mobile data. and mobile data requires activation or unlimited text messaging... those two might not be together... I am thinking there should be a way to activate it but there is only one way and that way is setting imessage and facetime to run through wifi. but unlocking a seperate text messaging system would require cracking apples security... and to me that is wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back