Contribute
Register

Unlock With Apple Watch Not Working In Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
So further to @scottkendall , just completed a fresh install of 10.15.2, and the result is SNAFU, no different - exactly as @matksr has stated above.

That sucks my watch works perfectly.. it did break when I updated to .2 then I updated my watch and it started working again.

Yeah, it does. I even went as far as unpairing my watch and then re-pairing it - all to no avail. :banghead:

interestingly, I've been busily shuffling things around on hard disks today, and being asked regularly to approve things like deletions with my Apple Watch - all successfully. Unfortunately still not unlocking, so disabled for now.

interestingly, I've been busily shuffling things around on hard disks today, and being asked regularly to approve things like deletions with my Apple Watch - all successfully. Unfortunately still not unlocking, so disabled for now.

So today I updated my OS to 15.3 and opencore it broke the watch. So I updated the watch my phone still not luck. Then I did a reinstall of the os Downloaded from the App Store. Once it was done I was able to unlock the system with the watch again. Even with my 2018 Mac mini my watch is finicky.

Hi everyone, any other who is updated and fixed this problem ?

Hi everyone, any other who is updated and fixed this problem ?

I updated yesterday to 10.15.3 and nothing changed for me… Still can't unlock my Mac with the App Watch, but I can use the watch to unlock system prefs and other inside macOS.

No change at all for me.

I'm having the same issue, started with the first Catalina and was never able to unlock the mac, everything else works (padlock etc.)
No issue with Mojave, that works like expected.

I have had it break with every update. Each time I updated the watch to the latest OS and it fixed the issue. So if you are not running the latest watch OS that might help. The last update I had to reinstall 15.3 on top of 15.3 to fix the issue after updating the watch OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back