Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
The link to download Mojave manually (and therefore the createinstaller script) seem to no longer be valid (not found errors). Could you refresh them if possible?

Done..

You may also want to add that the windows version of UEFIpatcher is available at:
https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool
Just go to releases, currently the A## releases don;t include patcher, but scroll down a little bit to the numbered releases (currently 0.26) and there it is, all compiled.
On another note, you may want to mention that flashback only works on USB drives of 8GB or less.
Brilliant guide by the way, very detailed and a great read even if not thinking of creating a Hackintosh.

I try to avoid Windows along my macOS guidelines if possible. UEFITool works fine under macOS, I do not see any reason for using the tool under Windows.

I will implement that EZ-Flashback only works with USB drives of 8GB or less, if the latter is really the case. I use a 32Gb Flashdrive and EZ-Flashback fully works as expected.

I try to avoid Windows along my macOS guidelines if possible. UEFITool works fine under macOS, I do not see any reason for using the tool under Windows.

I will implement that EZ-Flashback only works with USB drives of 8GB or less, if the latter is really the case. I use a 32Gb Flashdrive and EZ-Flashback fully works as expected.
I have to mention that being able to work from Windows can be useful if someone is doing their first Hackintosh and don't have already a Mac to boot, or if the Mac install became corrupted and cannot be booted anymore...

That being said, I am not expecting you to put everything here in your already excellent tutorial (in which your did put a lot of your time), and this forum have room for new threads that anyone could start to bring their experience and tutorials in complement to this one.

Last edited:
hi again @kgp Any clue about my sleep problem? I really dont like to disturb you :(
If you dont know what is the problem, maybe I can open a new thread for asking help.

Thank you again :)

Hi again @kgp

Now that I have my BT working again, I want to fix sleep problem.

When I try to sleep, the mac goes to sleep but wakes up instantly, without video signal. And after 10 seconds, the mac sleeps again, and then again wake from sleep without video signal, and bucle bucle bucle haha.

I've uploaded my updated EFI folder and IOREG, maybe you can guide me :)

I couldnt sleep anytime after installing new vega64 and after updating to mojave.

"Inject kexts" in Section System Parameters of Clover Configurator must be on "YES" in your config.plist. No idea why you changed that to "Detect", dude! If this does not help, once more revise your BIOS settings, there is nothing else in the EFI-Folder that could prevent your system from sleep. And there is also nothing else I could do in this case.

BTW.. your profile and signature still state GTX 1080 while actually your are using a VEGA now. Please update your profile and signature accordingly.

Last edited:
hi again @kgp Any clue about my sleep problem? I really dont like to disturb you :(
If you dont know what is the problem, maybe I can open a new thread for asking help.

Thank you again :)

See post #636 for last technical comments and suggestions from my side.

Else, I am definitely not the only one along my threads, able to help and support people in their issues, despite the fact that I helped you already anyway in all former issues extensively. If you think that you will be better attended in the Mojave desktop support section with your remaining sleep/wake issue, feel free to post your issue there.

If have nearly the same system like you and here everything works perfectly including sleep/wake.

Good luck,

KGP

Great guide, Im running into a small issue. Got everything working but I get kernel panic one out of every 4 reboots. Am I missing anything?

Attachments

• ASUS X99 Edition 10 VEGA FE Mojave.zip
    24 MB · Views: 66
Great guide, Im running into a small issue. Got everything working but I get kernel panic one out of every 4 reboots. Am I missing anything?
I don't think you followed this guide because your EFI folder is not matching with this guide. And how we can solve your issue unless we know your Bios settings. Although I am attaching my EFI folder for your undersending.

Attachments

• EFI 10.14.3 SU.zip
    34.4 MB · Views: 177
I don't think you followed this guide because your EFI folder is not matching with this guide. And how we can solve your issue unless we know your Bios settings. Although I am attaching my EFI folder for your undersending.

dope, I veered off a tiny bit. is there a way to find out what was loading when kernel panic went off at boot? I can get to boot almost everytime. but sometimes it hangs

I believe the problem is what order kext are opening. anyone can explain to me how to read spindump? EFI-Distributions is properly set. ubutool EFI patch. etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back