Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kgp
Bt+wifi combo is here!
I've installed it, and wifi works ok, but this time, mac doesnt detect bluetooth (it is well connected to usb header).
Im going to try it in linux mint to test anyway. I've exported IOREG without ARPT, as you said.

I've uploaded too efi folder with default KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext too (IOREG is exported after boot with this EFI folder).

Attachments

• ioreg-alexmenn-bt.ioreg
    21.9 MB · Views: 57
  • EFI.zip
    34.4 MB · Views: 173
EDIT: I've booted in linux mint. Wifi is ok but BT does not exists.

EDIT2: FIXED!! So strange but OK. @kgp

Yesterday I pluged the combo in pci, like that:

The left green light indicates WIFI is connected and power on, and the second the same but for bluetooth, ok?

But mac and linux didnt detect it, so... I thought... what about replug PCI device? and then... WORKS!!

So, its ok for now :)

Last edited:
Hi again @kgp

Now that I have my BT working again, I want to fix sleep problem.

When I try to sleep, the mac goes to sleep but wakes up instantly, without video signal. And after 10 seconds, the mac sleeps again, and then again wake from sleep without video signal, and bucle bucle bucle haha.

I've uploaded my updated EFI folder and IOREG, maybe you can guide me :)

I couldnt sleep anytime after installing new vega64 and after updating to mojave.

Attachments

• alexmenn-sleep.ioreg
    23.1 MB · Views: 71
  • EFI.zip
    34.4 MB · Views: 184
Hi again @kgp

Now that I have my BT working again, I want to fix sleep problem.

When I try to sleep, the mac goes to sleep but wakes up instantly, without video signal. And after 10 seconds, the mac sleeps again, and then again wake from sleep without video signal, and bucle bucle bucle haha.

I've uploaded my updated EFI folder and IOREG, maybe you can guide me :)

I couldnt sleep anytime after installing new vega64 and after updating to mojave.

Please remind me once more next Tuesday to read this post. I am currently on a trip to Frankfurt without being able to inspect any files. I will be back on Tuesday next week.

In the meanwhile, try to denote all HS ports (and if USB3.0 also respective SS ports) assigned to hubs and USB of BT/Wifi adapter with 255 in the XHC USB kext.

Are you using properly implemented Vega, HDEF and DTPG SSDTs?

Else ensure that Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WEG.kext are part of your EFI-Folder.

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I received the used MSI X99A XPower AC motherboard I got from eBay yesterday, and I am able to post it under Windows and Linux.
Was not able to load macOS yet despite hours lost on the case. Memory allocation problems (not even able to load the kernel). I tried various versions of osxaptio fixes, starting with the ones that worked on my Asus X99 Deluxe. No succes. Tried with and without above 4G decoding, with and without slide=0 parameter... Nothing. MSR is disabled (option exists in the MSI BIOS), and I was able to mod the BIOS to activate intel microcodes and flash it.
Next step is to create a USB drive with UEFI shell and do a memmap to see what is going on, and figure out a way to use the method with slide=X (X being calculated).

Very frustrating and deceiving so far...

Will keep you updated.

Hello everybody,

I received the used MSI X99A XPower AC motherboard I got from eBay yesterday, and I am able to post it under Windows and Linux.
Was not able to load macOS yet despite hours lost on the case. Memory allocation problems (not even able to load the kernel). I tried various versions of osxaptio fixes, starting with the ones that worked on my Asus X99 Deluxe. No succes. Tried with and without above 4G decoding, with and without slide=0 parameter... Nothing. MSR is disabled (option exists in the MSI BIOS), and I was able to mod the BIOS to activate intel microcodes and flash it.
Next step is to create a USB drive with UEFI shell and do a memmap to see what is going on, and figure out a way to use the method with slide=X (X being calculated).

Very frustrating and deceiving so far...

Will keep you updated.
Please upload the screenshot of your bios and error message.

Please upload the screenshot of your bios and error message.
Hello,

Thank you for wanting to help, I appreciate that.
The error was related to memory allocation. Either stuck at the ++++++, or just a line saying "Error Allocating 0x33ac pages at 0x000000000ee00000 alloc type 2"
Etc.

I was able to finally boot on macOS using this AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Link: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases

I also had to create a USB stick with UEFI Shell and save the memory map (MEMMAP), study it under windows to set the slide parameter (was slide=129 for me).
The procedure I followed is here: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.13/Additional/slide_calc.md

Strangely, the second boot did not work and I had to remove the slide=129 parameter.

So big progress!

Now, I will have to redo all the SSDT work and USB mapping for this motherboard. Thankfully, all the rest is similar (same CPU, and X99 platform).

Will also have to try OC and match what I had on the ASUS X99 DELUXE.

Will keep you posted.

Please remind me once more next Tuesday to read this post. I am currently on a trip to Frankfurt without being able to inspect any files. I will be back on Tuesday next week.

In the meanwhile, try to denote all HS ports (and if USB3.0 also respective SS ports) assigned to hubs and USB of BT/Wifi adapter with 255 in the XHC USB kext.

Are you using properly implemented Vega, HDEF and DTPG SSDTs?

Else ensure that Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WEG.kext are part of your EFI-Folder.

Good luck,

KGP
Hi my friend!! How was your trip? I hope you enjoyed!
I've change to 255 all my used HS and SS usb ports in KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext
I think that the AML files you said are OK, because you helped me with the vega64 one.
Lilu, AppleALC and WEG are in my kexts folder too.

I've updated the ioreg file after boot with USB ports as 255.

One more thing. After playing some hours to a game (fortnite), the system freezes, and I cant move mouse or change volume, total freeze I mean. I think its related to vega64 because with the gtx1080 I didnt have freezes. Maybe its related to the table loaded with VGTab, which could be OK for your graphic card but not with mine, I will try another table and test it, but if you have any clue, tell me!

Attachments

• alexmenn-nosleep.zip
    41.2 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Hi my friend!! How was your trip? I hope you enjoyed!
I've change to 255 all my used HS and SS usb ports in KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-X99AII-XHCI-15port.kext
I think that the AML files you said are OK, because you helped me with the vega64 one.
Lilu, AppleALC and WEG are in my kexts folder too.

I've updated the ioreg file after boot with USB ports as 255.

One more thing. After playing some hours to a game (fortnite), the system freezes, and I cant move mouse or change volume, total freeze I mean. I think its related to vega64 because with the gtx1080 I didnt have freezes. Maybe its related to the table loaded with VGTab, which could be OK for your graphic card but not with mine, I will try another table and test it, but if you have any clue, tell me!

View attachment 388322

Well you will have to watch GPU temps when using any load table. You can also remove the load table from the SSDT for testing purposes.

Concerning system freezes also watch CPU temps and modify CPU related BIOS settings if necessary.

What about sleep wake after assigning 255 to the BT/WFI HS port?

One important thing though!!!! In your config.plist, in Section System Parameters of Clover Configurator you have "Inject Kexts" on "Detect" instead of "YES", while the latter option is mandatory and also implemented such in my default EFI-Folder distribution!

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you for wanting to help, I appreciate that.
The error was related to memory allocation. Either stuck at the ++++++, or just a line saying "Error Allocating 0x33ac pages at 0x000000000ee00000 alloc type 2"
Etc.

I was able to finally boot on macOS using this AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Link: https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg/releases

I also had to create a USB stick with UEFI Shell and save the memory map (MEMMAP), study it under windows to set the slide parameter (was slide=129 for me).
The procedure I followed is here: https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9550-OSX/blob/10.13/Additional/slide_calc.md

Strangely, the second boot did not work and I had to remove the slide=129 parameter.

So big progress!

Now, I will have to redo all the SSDT work and USB mapping for this motherboard. Thankfully, all the rest is similar (same CPU, and X99 platform).

Will also have to try OC and match what I had on the ASUS X99 DELUXE.

Will keep you posted.

AptioMemoryFix.efi cannot be used with any slide boot flag. In principle the version implemented in my original EFI-Folder distribution should work. Sometimes it is necessary to reflash the BIOS or reformat the boot drive to prevent memory allocation errors. Also enabling "Above 4G decoding" in your BIOS settings might help to prevent memory allocation errors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back