Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check parenthesis and errors within your code when updating the SSDT. With implemented errors the SSDT won't save.

Obviously you should not delete the two lines. Due to some remaining error in your code, HDAU in this case is not implement under PCI.

Concerning BT, I already did everything possible from my side and I cannot provide further help. Given your system configuration it should work.
First of all. Its ok to dissassemble the AML file with IASL in terminal? Im not sure why when I load the DSL file in MACIASL these errors appears.

What I need is to know how to fix these errors when I try to compile. If deleting them is not the correct way, which is the correct one?

Last edited:
First of all. Its ok to dissassemble the AML file with IASL in terminal? Im not sure why when I load the DSL file in MACIASL these errors appears.

What I need is to know how to fix these errors when I try to compile. If deleting them is not the correct way, which is the correct one?

1.) What for to disamble the aml to a dsl? You can directly edit the aml file with MaciASL.

2.) How can I know to fix the errors if I even don’t know which errors you implemented during your edit.

Upload the load table you want to implement and I will do it for you.

1.) What for to disamble the aml to a dsl? You can directly edit the aml file with MaciASL.

2.) How can I know to fix the errors if I even don’t know which errors you implemented during your edit.

Upload the load table you want to implement and I will do it for you.
I've tried several times to open de AML you upload me with MACIASL and I cant. The app just does not show anything.

If you can introduce the tables, I want to use the tables you gave me as example in post #587

Hi KPG !

First thanks a lot for all your work. I just turn hackintosh and your guide help me a lot to enter this new world… If I haven’t found your guide maybe I didn’t try the journey.

I have quite the same config. X299 deluxe, i9 7920X, GTi 1080Ti.

My system run pretty fine, it crash sometimes with simple app. like text edit and Chrome running. At the contrary, it's really ok with heavy app like AVID and ADOBE. I am a video editor and I still have some problems with the video files conversion in H264. But when I use GPU metal instead of Open CL, it looks alright.

My biggest problem at the moment as a lot of hackintosh users is this eternal thunderbolt HotPlugg on my Thunderbolt EX3 card. It’s in the same emplacement as yours… PCI EX_3

Works very fine when it’s plugged at boot… but impossible after… windows EFI is ok and all drivers have been installed. As I am a professional video editor, I need to hot plug hard drives all the time.

The USB_C works fine but not the thunderbolt.
My PCI configuration looks well implemented in my system informations. All my kext except FakeSMC are installed in my Library/Extension. They were in my Clover/Kext/Other before... but it change nothing.

I still have a doubt on my install concerning xcpm_core_scope_msrs. I forgot to activate it and KernelPm before the installation… I still don’t understand if I must disabled or activate it now.

The only thing I changed in the BIOS is CSM. I activated the CSM because it was the only solution I found to allowed my 2 monitors plugged to my Nvidia to work at boot. If it’s disabled, it’s a black screen !!! With only one it works ok but I need to plug the second one when the system is fully loaded witch is very inconvenient. If it's disabled, HotPlug don't work anyway.

If you could help me, it would very very cool, I start to be desperate !

Wish you the best and once again thanks for all your work.

Seb.

First at all your actual posts are in the wrong thread. This is my X99 Mojave thread and not my X299 Mojave thread!

Anyway, general remarks:

1.) I do not state at any place in my guide that one should move all implemented kexts under /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to /Library/Extension. Don't do that!

2.) You do not use the actual 10.1.4.3 EFI-Folder distribution available in my respective Github repository. Clover is outdated and the implemented USB Port limit patch is wrong and does not work with 10.14.1, 10.14.2 or 10.14.3. There is anyway some discrepancy in your provided information. While the truncated 15-port kext KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI-15port.kext figures in your EFI-Folder, your IOREG.save shows all 20 HS and SS ports implemented, which is impossible by definition!

Your provided XHCI IOREG information only can be achieved with the fully implemented 20 port KGP-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299D-XHCI.kext and the 3 correct USB port limit patches for 10.14.3 implemented and enabled in the config.plist, which is obviously not the case in the EFI-Folder you provided to me above.

3.) You do not use the FakeSMC and HWSensor kext distribution hardwired in my default 10.1.4.3 EFI-Folder distribution! Please correct or use my default 10.1.4.3 EFI-Folder distribution!

2.) In your config.plist, uncheck KernelPM in section "Kernel and Kext patches" , disable xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha and disable MSR Lock in your BIOS settings ( as anyway currently implement)! You might also want to update your BIOS from 1401 to at least 1503 or even 1603 (with some precaution)!

3.) In your BIOS settings, further set ASUS Multicore Enhancement to "AUTO", AVX OFFSET to "2", AVX-512 OFFSET to "3" and CPU Core Ratio to "Sync All Cores". Considering your implemented CPU water blocking, implement a reasonable core ratio limit. For security reasons, start with a low core ratio limit of e.g. 32 and verify max. CPU temps under macOS by means of Intel Power Gadget and Cinebench. IF CPU temps are fine under CPU max. load (Cinebench), stepwise increase the core ratio limit until desired CPU performance is reached by still not exceeding the recommended CPU temps under CPU max. load under macOS. As a result, you should obtain a properly performing and absolutely stable system.

4.) At least disable onboard WIFI controller in BIOS as it is anyway not supported under macOS! You might also want to disable the on-board BT controller.

5.) You should disable CSM support (no screenshot provided)

6.) If you want reliable USB-C and TB HotPlug, don't use the TBEX 3, which is buggy. One always needs to properly reinitialise the TBEX 3 to make HP work at all. You also might have to remove the THB_C. In total, this adapter is a simply a pain in terms of HotPlug.

If you can live with the limitation of not being able to leave TB devices connected during sleep , change to GC-TTR in any case. The latter adapter else fully works with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe under macOS including TB and USB-C HotPlug with THB_C connected.

7.) Your SSDT implementation/adaptation though looks fine, congratulations!

Last edited:
I've tried several times to open de AML you upload me with MACIASL and I cant. The app just does not show anything.

If you can introduce the tables, I want to use the tables you gave me as example in post #587

Just right-click with your mouse on the am-file and select "open with" -> MaciASL :rolleyes:. If you properly implemented the MaciASL.app under macOS, the file should open within the editor even after simply double-clicking with the mouse on the respective aml-file on the Desktop or any Finder window.

Why in this case you do not just use SSDT-X99-Vega64.aml from the X99 SSDT Github library and once more adopt Definition block, ACPI path and ACPI replacements as implemented in the modified Vega SSDT I sent to you few posts ago and you use at present? It does have exactly this load table properly implemented, which anyway following your previous claims led to high GPU temps in your case without further adaptations by means of VGTab.

General comment: I really cannot teach you now also in addition how to open an aml-file with with MaciASL or how to generally introduce correct modifications without introducing errors that prevent a properly saving of each modified file. That's something you really have to learn by doing and by trial an error my friend. It is impossible to teach you how to learn coding in general, which is basically always the same approach under any coding language, once you understand each respective coding language and commands.

Last edited:
Im very frustrating with this situation and very frustrating because you really think im retarded or something haha.

Do you really think I didnt try to open the AML with right click, or doble click? The MaciaSL open, but no window with code. Do you want a video of the process? I've downloaded MaciaSL from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/

I understand what you say about copying code from one AML to other, but I cant edit de AML my friend.

Im very frustrating with this situation and very frustrating because you really think im retarded or something haha.

Do you really think I didnt try to open the AML with right click, or doble click? The MaciaSL open, but no window with code. Do you want a video of the process? I've downloaded MaciaSL from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/

I understand what you say about copying code from one AML to other, but I cant edit de AML my friend.

View attachment 386308View attachment 386309

I really do not understand why you are not able to open any aml file with MaciASL.app.. No idea how to help you in this case. The only thing I can tell you is that you need to find a way to fix this issue on your system. MaciASL.app is even already implemented under macOS on your system as the default aml-file editor, as expected..

Do you use at all Rehabman's version of MaciASL.app, attached to the originating post of this thread (guide)? It should work OoB after being part of your /Applications folder.

Last edited:
@alexmenn , my friend!

Concerning you BT issues:

1.) Which BT/WIFI Combo adapter are you using at first place?
2.) Make your BT/WIFI Combo natively work under macOS without any ARPT-SSDT in your EFI-Folder.
3.) Once 2.) is the case, once more upload an IROEG.save of your system (without the ARPT-SSDT in your EFI-Folder at boot) and your ARPT-SSDT which should be implemented and I will check if it requires any additional modification, although already now the ARPT PCI driver seems successfully loaded under "PCI" when including your current ARPT-SSDT in your EFI-Folder.

I really do not understand why you are not able to open any aml file with MaciASL.app.. No idea how to help you in this case. The only thing I can tell you is that you need to find a way to fix this issue on your system. MaciASL.app is even already implemented under macOS on your system as the default aml-file editor, as expected..

Do you use at all Rehabman's version of MaciASL.app, attached to the originating post of this thread (guide)? It should work OoB after being part of your /Applications folder.
Great @kgp ! Let me download rehabman’s one and Ill come back with results.

Ive given my combo bt to a friend. Ive bought a new one that will arrive this week. Then, I will try what you say and Ill upload ioreg.

Thank you my friend!

Reactions: kgp
Yeah!! I coult edit the AML with rehabman's maciasl, now all is ok again.

When BT combo arrives, I will make test without ARPT aml and post results and ioreg :)

Thank you @kgp !

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back