Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks KGP for your fantastic guides. I've successfully followed and implemented your sister guide for High Sierra on the X99 platform and now want to get up and running with Mojave. I realise that my GTX970 GPU won't cut it and want to get a Vega 64, the trouble is I'm not sure which one. I see that you originally went with the Gigabyte card then changed to the Sapphire. Is there a reason for this ? Bottom line - which card would you recommend ?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Kind regards

Thanks KGP for your fantastic guides. I've successfully followed and implemented your sister guide for High Sierra on the X99 platform and now want to get up and running with Mojave. I realise that my GTX970 GPU won't cut it and want to get a Vega 64, the trouble is I'm not sure which one. I see that you originally went with the Gigabyte card then changed to the Sapphire. Is there a reason for this ? Bottom line - which card would you recommend ?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Kind regards

Go for the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 if you want to use airflow cooling although there is also a possibility for custom water blocking (aliexpress). The Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 might be best controllable in terms of fan speed und noise level. If you opt for custom water blocking, the MSI Vega 64 airboost also would be a perfect choise. No idea about its air flow fan behaviour. The Gigabyte Vega 64 does have an optimal DP (3x) and HDMI (3x) port configuration, fan speed controll and noise level regulation is tricky though. There is no option for custom water blocking the latter GPU. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks KGP, most helpful - will get the Sapphire.
Regards

Hello again @kgp ! Happy new year, btw!!

Im having some troubles with bluetooth nowadays.

I have magic mouse 2, apple keyboard 2 and my bluetooth headset (b&o h9i) with bluetooth.
I have tried combo wifi+bluetooth PCI Card (bcm943602cs), Asus BT400 and iogear GBU521.

Combi wifi + bluetooth works OOB perfectly and syncs ok with 3 devices. But, when Im listening music, sometimes the mouse and the audio laks (music is playing but I stop hearing it 1 sec). The same with Asus BT400 and iogear.

When I had Asus BT400, I had to use BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to work, but is ok. But same troubles.

I have same audio troubles with 3 bluetooth solutions (wifi + combo, bt400 and iogear). I think it is because im using 3 devices at the same time... but im not sure... It is very frustrating!

I have tried too with apple airpods bluetooth instead of with b&o h9i, but same problem.

Maybe USB wrong config in my setup? All usb 2.0 appears as 3.0, maybe it is just cosmetic and its ok, I dont know!

I upload all files you request to help me, if you need something more, tell me :)

Thank you!

Here you are all my hardware list and DSDT.aml (I forgot to upload it) @kgp :
Asus X99-A II with your latest bios update (with cpu microcode, splash logo on boot, etc.)
Bluetooth: bcm943602cs combo wifi + bluetooth (link)
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200mhz
CPU: i7 6900k (oc to 4.2ghz)
System disk: samsung nvme 960 pro 512gb
Graphics: gigabyte gtx 1080
Power supply: Corsair RM750
CPU cooler: custom EKWB water cooling system
Keyboard: apple keyboard 2
Mouse: magic mouse 2
Headset: B&O H9i
Screen: Dell U2515H

Could you find something wrong that explains my bluetooth troubles? If I forget something else, please tell me :)

Attachments

• alexmenn.zip
    39.9 MB · Views: 186
  • DSDT.aml
    217.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

I have magic mouse 2, apple keyboard 2 and my bluetooth headset (b&o h9i) with bluetooth.
I have tried combo wifi+bluetooth PCI Card (bcm943602cs), Asus BT400 and iogear GBU521.

Combi wifi + bluetooth works OOB perfectly and syncs ok with 3 devices. But, when Im listening music, sometimes the mouse and the audio laks (music is playing but I stop hearing it 1 sec). The same with Asus BT400 and iogear.

When I had Asus BT400, I had to use BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to work, but is ok. But same troubles.

I have same audio troubles with 3 bluetooth solutions (wifi + combo, bt400 and iogear). I think it is because im using 3 devices at the same time... but im not sure... It is very frustrating!

I have tried too with apple airpods bluetooth instead of with b&o h9i, but same problem.

Maybe USB wrong config in my setup? All usb 2.0 appears as 3.0, maybe it is just cosmetic and its ok, I dont know!

I upload all files you request to help me, if you need something more, tell me :)

Thank you!

Asus X99-A II with your latest bios update (with cpu microcode, splash logo on boot, etc.)

Could you find something wrong that explains my bluetooth troubles? If I forget something else, please tell me :)

I don't see any ARPT device or combo wifi+bluetooth PCI Card (bcm943602cs) in your ACPI table (IOREG). There is just some USB Bluetooth device under XHCI and port HS12.

Inspecting your EFI-Folder, you did not adapt and implement any of the X99 System SSDTs available on Github. All config.plist ACPI replacements are also disabled.

Anyway.. I don't know if all this would have some direct implications on your BT performance. The latter might be rather a question of some proper antenna and cable shielding. Please read posts by @izo1 along my X299 10.13 guide.

Good luck,

KGP

Thank you!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/142958986420

This fixed all my issues. I went through 3 other ones.

BT strength is still not perfect, but better than before.

I have an Apple magic space gray keyboard, Sony and Bose and Apple headphones, G703 mouse (it has its own receiver) and my cell phone is always on the table (it’s known to cause interference). And I have no issues. Works OOB, no need for kexts and I can use the keyboard in the bios during bootup.

You can find this cheaper on Ali Express if you’re willing to wait longer to receive it...

I don't see any ARPT device or combo wifi+bluetooth PCI Card (bcm943602cs) in your ACPI table (IOREG). There is just some USB Bluetooth device under XHCI and port HS12.

Inspecting your EFI-Folder, you did not adapt and implement any of the X99 System SSDTs available on Github. All config.plist ACPI replacements are also disabled.

Anyway.. I don't know if all this would have some direct implications on your BT performance. The latter might be rather a question of some proper antenna and cable shielding. Please read posts by @izo1 along my X299 10.13 guide.

Good luck,

KGP
Oh! Okay! I thought that the PCI SSDTs were not necessary to run! I've applied all of them (Except the 6950x ssdt) and config.plist ACPI enabled.

Is everything ok now?

EDIT: bluetooth audio still stops, I think I will buy your recommenden card @izo1 What is the different compared with my combo wifi+bt? https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21 Both are connected to USB 2.0 in MOBO and same chipset.

I upload again the ioreg file, PCI screenshot and EFI folder.

I really thought that SSDT were not neccesary to run drivers of devices!!

Attachments

• alexmenn-2.zip
    39.2 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Oh! Okay! I thought that the PCI SSDTs were not necessary to run! I've applied all of them (Except the 6950x ssdt) and config.plist ACPI enabled.

Is everything ok now?

EDIT: bluetooth audio still stops, I think I will buy your recommenden card @izo1 What is the different compared with my combo wifi+bt? https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21 Both are connected to USB 2.0 in MOBO and same chipset.

I upload again the ioreg file, PCI screenshot and EFI folder.

I really thought that SSDT were not neccesary to run drivers of devices!!

Looks like the same card.

You don’t need ssdt for airport
You will need to set your USB ports to see the Bluetooth module. (Bt is usb and wifi uses pcie)

Looks like the same card.

You don’t need ssdt for airport
Captura de pantalla 2019-01-07 a las 10.17.21.png

You will need to set your USB ports to see the Bluetooth module. (Bt is usb and wifi uses pcie)
Yeah! I know that. But maybe your combi works better because of the bt 4.2, less interferences maybe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back