Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
macOS Mojave 10.14.3 Beta 1 (18D21c)

x99-10.14.3-Beta-1.png

XCPM Performance patch 10.14.3 Beta 1 (18D21c):

Code:
Find: C1E3084863D389D048C1EA20B9990100000F3048FF05637376004883C4085B5DC30F1F4000
Repl: B800FF00004863D389D048C1EA20B9990100000F3048FF05637376004883C4085B5DC39090

kgp.png

Last edited:
I just wanted to stop by and thank @kgp again, i've been running strong on 10.14 with almost no issues (aside from USB mount issue when going to sleep). One day ill get to update to 14.2 (or3) but for now i'm happy.

KGP did you ever get to look at this?

My bad, i did not actually read that part, i saw HW kext and just went to download the latest version.

Did you get a chance to look at the USB script? Any thoughts?
https://github.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep

Ohh.. now I see what you mean.. give me some time to check

hi KGP thanks for your tuto, it's very nice and easy to understand, success on x99-ws/ipmi but the Nvidia driver doesn't work on my gigabyte gtx1050 , when I select "Nvidia web driver" and after reboot, they are "default macOs graphic driver" selected... I tried also on my second partition (10.13.6, and same things ..)

hi KGP thanks for your tuto, it's very nice and easy to understand, success on x99-ws/ipmi but the Nvidia driver doesn't work on my gigabyte gtx1050 , when I select "Nvidia web driver" and after reboot, they are "default macOs graphic driver" selected... I tried also on my second partition (10.13.6, and same things ..)

Sorry to hear that.. good luck anyway ;)

Hi guys im at the step B.1.2) anyone know how to fix this problem?

i've uploaded pics of the terminal messages and my UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx folder.

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 71
Hi @kgp,

I follow your track from 10.13 and right now trying 10.14, without you, I can't finish my X99 build, thanks!

Right now I use "MacPro6,1" model and upgrade to 10.14.2 already with few problems, but still work very well and it's stable as usual.

I have two questions maybe you could help, also I am still digging the thread to find out if anyone asked and answered already:
- My build X99 bases on "MacPro6,1", and currently tutorial guide changes to "iMacPro1,1", if I use the same serial and change the Product Model, would it cause any problem? This build is my working machine, and I registered and purchased few software are all based on the hardware configuration, maybe it would break the license and need to re-approvable (like NTFS for Mac, JetBrains develop software, CCC, Acdsee ...). But most important of all, I am worried about will Apple ban my account if I use the same serial but simulated hardware is different right now. Do you have any suggestion for this?
- iMacPro1,1 is the current model, still generating new serials, it has very few chances that the serial we use to collision to someday issue in the future sold new machines.

Thanks in advance, maybe I am worried too much, but this hackintosh is so important to me, I want to think it carefully.

Alex

Hi @kgp,

I follow your track from 10.13 and right now trying 10.14, without you, I can't finish my X99 build, thanks!

Right now I use "MacPro6,1" model and upgrade to 10.14.2 already with few problems, but still work very well and it's stable as usual.

I have two questions maybe you could help, also I am still digging the thread to find out if anyone asked and answered already:
- My build X99 bases on "MacPro6,1", and currently tutorial guide changes to "iMacPro1,1", if I use the same serial and change the Product Model, would it cause any problem? This build is my working machine, and I registered and purchased few software are all based on the hardware configuration, maybe it would break the license and need to re-approvable (like NTFS for Mac, JetBrains develop software, CCC, Acdsee ...). But most important of all, I am worried about will Apple ban my account if I use the same serial but simulated hardware is different right now. Do you have any suggestion for this?
- iMacPro1,1 is the current model, still generating new serials, it has very few chances that the serial we use to collision to someday issue in the future sold new machines.

Thanks in advance, maybe I am worried too much, but this hackintosh is so important to me, I want to think it carefully.

Alex

You cannot use your former serial valid for a different SMBIOS. If you perform a clean install, just use the new credentials. If the latter is not the case, follow respective steps in the „An idiots guide to iMessage“ and you will be fine.

Good luck,

KGP

Hi @kgp,

Alex

could you post your intel power gadget pic and config.plist?i use the same cpu.xcpm loaded ok(sysctl machdep.xcpm.modemachdep.xcpm.mode: 1).

but

with KGP guide,the cpu frequence will lock to 1.2Ghz after a while
change KGP kernel to patch.xcpm performance patch to another patch from N.Mano(from insanely).the freq vary ok,but hard to full load,even run cinebenchr15.and cinebench r15 score will vary(1500-2100score,normal is 1900-2100.),when run r15,the cpu package freq is 1.5-2.5.not full load(2.8).

attach is my config without smbios(i use imacpro1.1)

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.8 KB · Views: 68
My "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" return 0 right now.

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 161
  • upload_2018-12-27_9-50-5.png
    upload_2018-12-27_9-50-5.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back