Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X99 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay,
i tried that and still either hung at End Random Seed (with xcpm_bootstrap) or the previous mentioned error (acpiPSArrayObj is not an valid OSArray).
I also tried updating to 10.14.1 with your 10.14.1 performance patches but got the same issues.

Ah okay,
i tried that and still either hung at End Random Seed (with xcpm_bootstrap) or the previous mentioned error (acpiPSArrayObj is not an valid OSArray).
I also tried updating to 10.14.1 with your 10.14.1 performance patches but got the same issues.

Then maybe you do not need the bootstrap patch. No idea about yhe error. Never used a Haswell XEON in my life. Maybe @GDS can help.

Ah okay,

Was revising your EFi-Folder. Seems that I forgot to add one important file, which is CPU related.

Please download, unzip and add TSCAdjustReset.kext attached below to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

Then try to boot again with and without xcpm_bootstrap enabled.

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    10 KB · Views: 71
Okay,
i tried it but unfortunately it didn't help.
But still thanks for all your effort!
Would be awesome if @GDS can help, but apparently an ES version behaves a bit different than expected.

Firstly I would like to say thanks so much for the article, I managed to install Mojave after realising my bios wasn't patching properly on an Asus X99 Strix

Everything is working but I am having trouble getting my Graphics card to work on any port other than HDMI, does anyone have anything I can try? from what I read the RX480 should be compatible, I did read somewhere else on this thread(i think, I've read soo many) that the RX aren't recommended with this board as it doesn't have integrated iGPU but I don't have much choice at the minute, I will wait for a Vega to come up second hand but that would be last resort.

I currently have

Asus Strix x99
4 x 4GB 3200 DDR4
Samsung evo 970 500GB
Radeon RX480

upload_2018-11-26_20-56-23.png

upload_2018-11-26_20-59-33.png

It wouldn't let me upload the full EFI because its too big, its basically this, I haven't made changes yet, this is my first Hackintosh.
https://github.com/KGP/X99-EFI-Fold...EFI-X99-10.14.1-Release-iMacPro1,1-311018.zip

Bios settings are exactly the same as the guide, no overclocking, but can screenshot if needs be.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.7 KB · Views: 142
Firstly I would like to say thanks so much for the article, I managed to install Mojave after realising my bios wasn't patching properly on an Asus X99 Strix

Everything is working but I am having trouble getting my Graphics card to work on any port other than HDMI, does anyone have anything I can try? from what I read the RX480 should be compatible, I did read somewhere else on this thread(i think, I've read soo many) that the RX aren't recommended with this board as it doesn't have integrated iGPU but I don't have much choice at the minute, I will wait for a Vega to come up second hand but that would be last resort.

I currently have

Asus Strix x99
4 x 4GB 3200 DDR4
Samsung evo 970 500GB
Radeon RX480

View attachment 368111

View attachment 368113

It wouldn't let me upload the full EFI because its too big, its basically this, I haven't made changes yet, this is my first Hackintosh.
https://github.com/KGP/X99-EFI-Folder-Distributions/blob/master/EFI-X99-10.14.1-Release-iMacPro1,1-311018.zip

Bios settings are exactly the same as the guide, no overclocking, but can screenshot if needs be.

Thanks for any help

Try to implement all system SSDTs of the respective Github repository. You might also be able to use one of the GPU SSDTs after some adaptation for your RX480. The latter in combination with Whatvergreen.kext and Lilu.kext might also fix your GPU port issues.

Good luck,

KGP

P.S. if you zip your EFI-Folder you should also be able to attach it to your posts here.

Thanks for you response, Im not sure I understand it thought as I have never made any changes to clover outside of the guide I'm following and obvious things like SMBIOS.

Can you explain for newbie like me?

Hello Kgp,

I was a bit busy, and windows was giving me a few problems for some reason. I got some time today to complete the updates and get the BIOS ready for the micro code update.

I have updated my bios and the CPU micro code:

Steps that I followed:
  1. Downloaded UBU from the link your guide supplied.
  2. Downloaded fresh bios from Asus.
  3. Moved all the files to the correct directory.
  4. Used UBU to update the micro codes and create a new bios file.
  5. Used the "R5E10.CAP" and patched it with UEFIPatch.
I then flashed the bios and booted into the macOS.
Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 18.05.33.png
Once the macOS booted I then gave it a few seconds and launched CineBench. I then noticed that "core 5" was at 2.97 Ghz constant and the rest were clocked at 1.19 Ghz constant (even when idle).

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 16.57.36.png
That looked a bit weird, I then rebooted and did another test.

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 18.12.54.png Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 18.14.37.png
Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 18.14.58.png Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 18.15.22.png

I have also attached my EFI again, just incase you would like to see it and check for any changes that might have cause this ?

Thanks again,
Curious/\/\ac

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32 MB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back