Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to do the Carbon Cloner method, but got a system reboot while loading Mojave on the converted HFS+.

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop.. it does not install on APFS (Case-sensitive).

Frustrating as my 10.14.1 clean install worked flawlessly with Unsolid.kext.

I've tried to do the Carbon Cloner method, but got a system reboot while loading Mojave on the converted HFS+.

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop.. it does not install on APFS (Case-sensitive).

Why did you use apfs case sensitive? Just use the regular one.

I suggest a brand new install with 10.14.4 and use the same efi folder. There really is no point in using HFS+ anymore as APFS is the designated file system Apple uses in macOS and iOS. They will probably dump HFS+ soon (probably just have it read/write but no format support), it’s a 30 year old file system.

Agreed and thanks for the suggestion - I was hoping to do it without a reinstall, but yes, seems like the best way is to select APFS only - will give it a go!

Thank you.

? I have installed Photoshop on all three of my APFS macs, two of which are hackintosh, and no issues. Perhaps it's the case sensitive issue, which I don't use (why would you use that?). In the past year, I have never had the issues you are having. Make sure you are using the latest Clover (4910 0r 4920), with the appropriate support files for APFS, if you have decided to stay on APFS.

The other issue I see is unsolid.kext. I've never used it, and I've never had to. It doesn't have the best reputation and I'm not sure it's helping you.

There's also this script which is designed to prevent conversion but it's old and kind of out of date (so be careful with it):
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/script-to-check-apfs-conversion-settings/

btw, what motherboard are you using?

Good luck.

Last edited:
Is this helpful to you? From the Ali reviews it seems exactly the one I have. (below image taken from the review)

View attachment 396296

I tried looking for Italian links but couldn't find any :cry:

@izo1 I received 2 of this OSX Wi Fi cards. Unfortunately both of them are faulty cards.
One works fine only for Wi Fi, no Bluetooth. Bluetooth icon is faded in the preference pane.
Wi Fi is good and I am getting good performance. So I can use it.
The other one only works with bluetooth. Wi Fi not working. After checking 10-15 minutes
the card become extremely hot. I tried it in another PCI slot. Same result, so I removed it.
Cheap China product with poor quality control, 2 of this failed in a row.

To all Radeon VII users,

I was wondering if you saw or encountered the following ATIControllern test VRAM errors with the MacOS 10.14.5 Public Beta 2.

2019-04-22 20:18:37.927244+0800 0x600 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AMDSupport) bool ATIController::TestVRAM(PCI_REG_INDEX, bool) - FAILED at offset = 0x0000630C, data = 0x55A255AA

I have two Sapphire Radeon VII graphics cards and the error sometimes indicates one or both graphics cards' having the VRAM test problems. The console stays quite some time before booting into the graphical interface. When I log on and check system information, the name of graphics card is said of having the errors becomes something not Radeon VII.

However, when I switch to Windows 10, I have never encountered any problem about VRAM. I was thinking if it was a good idea to report it to Apple Public Beta. Any advice?

To all Radeon VII users,

I was wondering if you saw or encountered the following ATIControllern test VRAM errors with the MacOS 10.14.5 Public Beta 2.

2019-04-22 20:18:37.927244+0800 0x600 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AMDSupport) bool ATIController::TestVRAM(PCI_REG_INDEX, bool) - FAILED at offset = 0x0000630C, data = 0x55A255AA

I have two Sapphire Radeon VII graphics cards and the error sometimes indicates one or both graphics cards' having the VRAM test problems. The console stays quite some time before booting into the graphical interface. When I log on and check system information, the name of graphics card is said of having the errors becomes something not Radeon VII.

However, when I switch to Windows 10, I have never encountered any problem about VRAM. I was thinking if it was a good idea to report it to Apple Public Beta. Any advice?

how test you vram ?

how test you vram ?
Hi corint1,

I have not tested the Radeon VII VRAM myself. It is the graphics driver. With 10.14.4 and 10.14.5 Public Beta 1, I did not see this error.

You can try locating the error from your MacOS boot log by executing the following terminal command.

log show --predicate "processID==0" --start $(date "+%Y-%m-%d") --debug --info

To all Radeon VII users,

I have seen VRAM boot errors mostly twice during my recent tests with new version of WEG, never observed such errors with old version of WEG and I don’t witness actually either VRAM boot errors at present, using new WEG version.

In my personal opinion, if present at all, VRAM boot errors seem new WEG related and should be discussed in the respective thread.

Actual public beta version is 2! There should be a new DP release tonight which cannot be commented here anyway.

That’s all from my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back