Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great! You would the first I know of that managed to get the Asus 10GB card to work without patching. Congrats!

To manage to get the ASUS 10GB card natively working without any patching, basically just means to plug it and play, if this is really the case.

I wonder, if ASUS modified the firmware on ASUS 10GB cards now distributed, or if there have been respective changes under macOS.

Anyway.. nice discovery, which hopefully will be also confirmed by others. I do not have or use anymore any ASUS 10GB Aquantia PCIe NIC myself, but if it really turns out that all ASUS 10GB NICs are now natively supported under macOS, I can change respective guidelines in the originating post of this thread at least.

Last edited:
To manage to get the ASUS 10GB card natively working without any patching, basically just means to plug it and play, if this is really the case.

I wonder, if ASUS modified the firmware on ASUS 10GB cards now distributed, or if there have been respective changes under macOS.

Anyway.. nice discovery, which hopefully will be also confirmed by others. I do not have or use anymore any ASUS 10GB Aquantia PCIe NIC myself, but if it really turns out that all ASUS 10GB NICs are now natively supported under macOS, I can change respective guidelines in the originating post of this thread at least.

For me it worked OOB
I also tried to add the patch in this guid and it did not change anything

If you want me to do more tests, I will
I have 2 identical cards

Maybe I'll change their sons and see if there's any change?

Last edited:
For me it worked OOB
I also tried to add the patch in this guid and it did not change anything

If you want me to do more tests, I will
I have 2 identical cards

Maybe I'll change their sons and see if there's any change?

Marvelous that the card just worked out of box. Let’s see if the other will too and if other users also confirm your current observation.

There is obviously no reason to use any patch for a card that is natively supported by macOS.

Up to now, for the ASUS Aquantia 10GB NIC, this was definitely not the case and therefore users applied the respective workaround under macOS.

Also there is no need for any additional testing, as without the 10.13.3 firmware patching and the subsequent Mieze build-in patch for higher macOS version, up to now the card would not have been even recognised by macOS.

There is one thing you could test though: I don't know which macOS version you are on. In any case, you could try to see if your card also gets natively implemented under former macOS versions.

And there is also one last question though, likely interesting for all of us: where and when did you purchase these cards and are they factory with factory firmware or second hand?

Last edited:
Marvelous that the card just worked out of box. Let’s see if the other will too and if other users also confirm your current observation.

There is obviously no reason to use any patch for a card that is natively supported by macOS.

Up to know, for the ASUS Aquantia 10GB NIC, this was definitely not the case and therefore users applied the respective workaround under macOS.

Also there is no need for any additional testing, as without the 10.13.3 firmware patching and the subsequent Mieze build-in patch for higher macOS version, up to now the card would not have been even recognised by macOS.

There is one thing you could test though: I don't know which macOS version you are on. In any case, you could try to see if your card also gets natively implemented under former macOS versions.

And there is also one last question though, likely interesting for all of us: where and when did you purchase these cards and are they factory with factory firmware or second hand?

The network cards are new from Amazon
MacOs Version 10.14.4 (18E226)

Windows 10 Device Manager

The network cards are new from Amazon
MacOs Version 10.14.4 (18E226)

View attachment 400269

Windows 10 Device Manager

View attachment 400272

That's great news. To me, this means the Asus Aquantia cards are supported natively in macOS. That means more choices for us, and anyone who wants a 10G card (that even includes Windows and Linux users). Now there are three that I can count (Sonnet, Syba, Asus) in the ~$100 range, and there are probably more, and in the future many more than that. Considering where we were even a year ago, this is great progress.

Also potential good news to those considering the Rampage VI Extreme Omega boards. Hoping to mess with one of these boards and jumping pins for thunderbolt and will report back.

What do you mean by "I tried creating a ssdt for Radeon VII but it do not get injected properly"?

Inspecting your IOREG, the SSDT from my Githib Library you adapted for your 2x Radeon VII seems implemented properly, although you are missing SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml in addition in your EFI-Folder.

Else you are not using any already available XHC USB kext, and if you would use the available 15-port kext, you could also disable all USB port limit patches. The other two Kext Patches in your config.plist are anyway disabled and I do not really know what is there meaning.

Hope this helps somehow and note that else your black screen on boot must not be necessarily GPU related and also could be some KP caused by something else. KP on wake with TB devices connected to the TTR on my Deluxe during sleep have been an issue I just got rid off by employing the WS X299 Sage 10, and even there are still problems with the LG5K2K when connected via TB to the TTR on wake from sleep.

Good luck,

KGP

Hi KGP,

Happy Easter!

What I meant was that I was trying to modify some properties of the Radeon VII such as hda-gfx.
I was inspired by your suggestion and was able to implement SSDTs for most of my devices. One of the challenges I have is not being able to change the hda-gfx properties of my two Sapphire Radeon VII.

Please look at the attached picture. I want to change the value to onboard-2 but for some reason, it would not change.

At this point, I have yet to implement USB limits or the on-board Titan Ridge.

BTW, I would like to echo that my ASUS XG-C100C (AQC-107) is recognised by macOS 10.14.4 out of box. I have removed the Mieze patch from Clover now.

Best regards,

Isaac

Attachments

• hda-gfx.png
    hda-gfx.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 205
  • ASUS PRIME X299-Deluxe II EFI.zip
    27.6 MB · Views: 300
Hi KGP,

Happy Easter!

What I meant was that I was trying to modify some properties of the Radeon VII such as hda-gfx.
I was inspired by your suggestion and was able to implement SSDTs for most of my devices. One of the challenges I have is not being able to change the hda-gfx properties of my two Sapphire Radeon VII.

Please look at the attached picture. I want to change the value to onboard-2 but for some reason, it would not change.

At this point, I have yet to implement USB limits or the on-board Titan Ridge.

BTW, I would like to echo that my ASUS XG-C100C (AQC-107) is recognised by macOS 10.14.4 out of box. I have removed the Mieze patch from Clover now.

Best regards,

Isaac

Dont't get the point why you want to use onboard-2 for your Radeon VII, while you use onboard-1 for HDEF. Else I would appreciate, if you would not change authorship in SSDTs taken from the Github library, where all people with significant contributions are cited anyway and also nice to know that you also confirm native support for the ASUS XG-C100C (AQC-107) under 10.14.4 thus I will consider the respective discovery of @ICEVISION also in my guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back