Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird as my TB approach as currently implemented also in SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml works for all other motherboards with TTR, APR and TBEX 3. SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-v2.aml is already substantially truncated for finding the respective problem during our ongoing testing that causes problems on your system without knowing yet the reason. Otherwise, when implementing your own yet basic TB approach under EGP7 like in case of SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-test.aml, the TB ACPI tree looks as expected also on your system.

If it would be in compliance with the board rules, which is unfortunately not the case, a TV session would be much more helpful in this case and dramatically facilitate and shorten the entire bug fixing.

I am busy right now in real life. Would it be possible to continue here with our tests tomorrow? What time would be suited for you?
Thanks My frind Give me small time I have family event too this weekend.
I will back sun day try more testing.
My mind thing always all ACPI patches.:)

Thanks My frind Give me small time I have family event too this weekend.
I will back sun day try more testing.
My mind thing always all ACPI patches.:)

Yes, let's continue after Easter holidays, maybe next Tuesday. I also will be hardly available until then.
ACPI patches are the be treated with care. Either if they are in the config.plist or within some SSDT, they can apply globally and can also affect other SSDTs that have been working so far. That's why we implement all devices on different PCI bridges under PC01.BR1A.SL01 within one common SSDT and apply all necessary ACPI replacements also there, which btw is a very intuitive approach easy to be followed. The SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml is the correct approach, which does not need any additional ACPI config.plist patching. What is missing is to make my TB approach working on your system.

Nice holidays and until Tuesday.

We Need Fast Transfer For 4k Video Files

Hi all,
I am seeking help from this forum about my iMacPro1,1 build problem where there is a blank display after sleep.
My build is:
ASUS PRIME X299-Deluxe II
Intel i9-9900X
Corsair Vengence RGB (4x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Sapphire Radeon VII Graphics Card x 2 (VBIOS: 016)
ADATA S8200 Pro NVMe 1.3 1TB SSD
ASUS XG-C100C 10Gb PCIe x4

I tried creating a ssdt for Radeon VII but it do not get injected properly.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI (ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE II 4920).zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 92
  • ASUS PRIME X299-Deluxe II iMacPro1,1 IORegistry.ioreg
    45.7 MB · Views: 165
Hi all,
I am seeking help from this forum about my iMacPro1,1 build problem where there is a blank display after sleep.
My build is:
ASUS PRIME X299-Deluxe II
Intel i9-9900X
Corsair Vengence RGB (4x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Sapphire Radeon VII Graphics Card x 2 (VBIOS: 016)
ADATA S8200 Pro NVMe 1.3 1TB SSD
ASUS XG-C100C 10Gb PCIe x4

I tried creating a ssdt for Radeon VII but it do not get injected properly.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

What do you mean by "I tried creating a ssdt for Radeon VII but it do not get injected properly"?

Inspecting your IOREG, the SSDT from my Githib Library you adapted for your 2x Radeon VII seems implemented properly, although you are missing SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml in addition in your EFI-Folder.

Else you are not using any already available XHC USB kext, and if you would use the available 15-port kext, you could also disable all USB port limit patches. The other two Kext Patches in your config.plist are anyway disabled and I do not really know what is there meaning.

Hope this helps somehow and note that else your black screen on boot must not be necessarily GPU related and also could be some KP caused by something else. KP on wake with TB devices connected to the TTR on my Deluxe during sleep have been an issue I just got rid off by employing the WS X299 Sage 10, and even there are still problems with the LG5K2K when connected via TB to the TTR on wake from sleep.

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
We Need Fast Transfer For 4k Video Files

View attachment 400121

You need a Syba, not these. To use these in macOS, you need to reprogram them by booting 10.13.3, and keep booting 10.13.3 until the Apple code reprograms them. A Syba 10 Gb card (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) is fully macOS compatible, right out of the box. No re-programming, patches, zippo required. Just plug it in.

Several of us have had the Syba cards for months now, with no issues.

Just to let you know, as discussed in recent posts, that mouse hiccups (half a second random mouse loss) is gone since I reverted back to Vega5KFixUp form WEG as stated by a pal here who I can't remember name and I thank. Somebody should report this to WEG creator maybe. This thread is awesome :p

You need a Syba, not these. To use these in macOS, you need to reprogram them by booting 10.13.3, and keep booting 10.13.3 until the Apple code reprograms them. A Syba 10 Gb card (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) is fully macOS compatible, right out of the box. No re-programming, patches, zippo required. Just plug it in.

Several of us have had the Syba cards for months now, with no issues.

thanks for the reply
But somehow it worked for me
Even without a patch in this guide

I get actually 800-870 MBPS copying files From NVME on windows to NMVE on this Hackintosh
But at least I'm no longer on 114 MBPS ;) LOL

thanks for the reply

I get actually 800-870 MBPS copying files From NVME on windows to NMVE on this Hackintosh

View attachment 400135View attachment 400136

Try enabling Jumbo Frames on both host and target computers as well as use “full duplex” (no flow control etc) and set datarate to 10G.

I’ve had nothing but success with a Solo 10G card (AQC-107S chipset, same as iMac pro).

Also depending on the cabling, it's worth trying a CAT7 cable (even though Cat 6 [depending on length] will work fine). You should be getting over 1GB (Gigabytes)/sec if your server is NVME based and saturating the 10G protocol. Also depends if your server has the horsepower to push that kind of data.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply

View attachment 400135View attachment 400136

That's great! You would the first I know of that managed to get the Asus 10GB card to work without patching. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back