Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is i9 9900x, Gigabyte x299 Master, with Quadro P1000 & P4000. 64gb ram. I have tried many procedures to install Mojave in my system. But no progress. Please help me, what should i do. I have attached my configuration.
Mojave & NVidia video cards aren't compatible: there are no device drivers for Quadro cards under Mojave.
High Sierra might be an option, however.

My second build went smooth in the first attempt and running fine now.
i9 9900x, ASROCK X299 TAICHI XE, G.SKILL 4X8 32 GB 3200 15Q RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H115i.
I am on High Sierra for now, just waiting for one or two month. After that will update to AMD card and Mojave.
Everything work fine except for all USB drives get ejected including pen drive upon wake from sleep.
The i9 9900x was even detected with the older BIOS V-1.0, came with the ASROCK board. I updated to the current Version V-1.60 and system is rock solid.

Thanks and kudos to KGP for making this possible.:headbang:

Reactions: kgp
i9 9900x, ASROCK X299 TAICHI XE, G.SKILL 4X8 32 GB 3200 15Q RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H115i.
I am on High Sierra for now, just waiting for one or two month. After that will update to AMD card and Mojave.
Everything work fine except for all USB drives get ejected including pen drive upon wake from sleep.
The i9 9900x was even detected with the older BIOS V-1.0, came with the ASROCK board. I updated to the current Version V-1.60 and system is rock solid.

I am not so expert in hackintosh.
Can you provide me your EFI folder..?
Thanks. :)

@Akibkhanpostcircle,

did you actually ensure that the microcodes of your recent Gigabyte X299 Master BIOS firmware actually support the i9-9900X?

@ori69, never heard about any necessity of additional Clover entries for the i9-9XXX series..

Hi KGP,

many many thanks for your guides, your knowhow and richness of detail ist fabulous!

Ich have the same kernel panic with a brandnew 9900X, and it´s exactly the same like with the 9820X in this thread:
I get this KP with an Asrock X299 Taichi XE and an Asus Prime X299-A. If I switch the new 9900X with a 12C 9920X or the 1stG 10C 7900X, both systems are booting perfectly (HS and Mojave). I'm afraid that there must be a new revision of the 9900X, because I have build a few systems wir 9900X, and there were no problems at all. I have tried a few things like change the SMBIOS, boot only with a generic Clover setup and FakeSMC, with or without ACPI fixes, TSCAdjustReset.kext etc, but I get always - with both boards - the same "AppleACPIPlatform" KP on start. Win 10 Pro boots up with no problems, on both MBs. Hm...

Thanks KGP
I remove patch Can you look this ioreg
Can you make SSDT for Alpine Ridge I will test
Thank you.

As stated in my respective post above, I would need an IOREG.save without any SSDT in your EFI-Folder.

Thanks in advance,

KGP

P.S: Seems you still did not get the point what are the flaws in your current PC01.BR1A.SL01 SSDT implementations. Once I have the necessary original IOREG information, I will create one single SSDT accounting for all devices implemented under PC01.BR1A.SL01 on different PCI bridges, which is the correct way to go and up to know you also use wrong ACPI variable replacements in your TB SSDT, which must become also part of the PC01.BR1A.SL01 SSDT in any case based on your current PCIe slot population. Having the above in mind one can also directly implement my TB SSDT implementation within the common PC01.BR1A.SL01 SSDT.

Last edited:
Hi KGP,

many many thanks for your guides, your knowhow and richness of detail ist fabulous!

Ich have the same kernel panic with a brandnew 9900X, and it´s exactly the same like with the 9820X in this thread:
I get this KP with an Asrock X299 Taichi XE and an Asus Prime X299-A. If I switch the new 9900X with a 12C 9920X or the 1stG 10C 7900X, both systems are booting perfectly (HS and Mojave). I'm afraid that there must be a new revision of the 9900X, because I have build a few systems wir 9900X, and there were no problems at all. I have tried a few things like change the SMBIOS, boot only with a generic Clover setup and FakeSMC, with or without ACPI fixes, TSCAdjustReset.kext etc, but I get always - with both boards - the same "AppleACPIPlatform" KP on start. Win 10 Pro boots up with no problems, on both MBs. Hm...

In my personal opinion, the BIOS firmware of the respective motherboards still lacks a proper microcode update that properly considers ALL CPUs of the new I9-9XXX series. You should contact the respective manufacturers in any case.

Good and nice to know!

USB drives getting ejected upon wake from sleep is not only a commonly known Hackintosh problem but apparently also an Apple one. As outlined in my guidelines, tools like mountain.app partly remove this issue on Hackintosh and Apple systems.

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
As stated in my respective post above, I would need an IOREG.save without any SSDT in your EFI-Folder.

Thanks in advance,

KGP

P.S: Seems you still did not get the point what are the flaws in your current PC01.BR1A.SL01 SSDT implementations. Once I have the necessary original IOREG information, I will create one single SSDT accounting for all devices implemented under PC01.BR1A.SL01 on different PCI bridges, which is the correct way to go and up to know you also use wrong ACPI variable replacements in your TB SSDT, which must become also part of the PC01.BR1A.SL01 SSDT in any case based on your current PCIe slot population. Having the above in mind one can also directly implement my TB SSDT implementation within the common PC01.BR1A.SL01 SSDT.
Hi Kgp
I update IOREG with out SSDTs.

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro (2).ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 71
Hi Kgp
I update IOREG with out SSDTs.

Attached the System SSDT configuration for your X299-WU8 and current PCIe slot population you should build on.

I guess that any bug fixing, if necessary at all, and likely missing cosmetic corrections/adaptations can be done by yourself.

I would appreciate, if this time we could avoid any excess of subsequent posts like last time. ;)

Good luck,

KGP

Attachments

• KGP-System-SSDTs-X299-WU8-nmano.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
In my personal opinion, the BIOS firmware of the respective motherboards still lacks a proper microcode update that properly considers ALL CPUs of the new I9-9XXX series. You should contact the respective manufacturers in any case.

Hi KGP,
thank you for your assessment. I think too that there is the need of a few microcode/ME-Updates from the board manufacturers. The X299 Taichi XE UEFI for example is from late 2018, the one from the Prime X299-A is from 02/2019 anyhow. But confusingly enough W10 is booting, so there is obviously a HS/Mojave kernel problem with 9820X and newer 9900X (maybe not newer but specific revision).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back