Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have 2 x NVME drives in RAID 0 with macOS? Is it viable, stable? Performances??

Thanks.

@kgp
thanks. hope the new bios also solve the Q-CODE 00 error.

my Deluxe II died and they will send me a new one next week.

btw: i get a new Radeon VII today and attach two monitors to it via DP port. in Windows system, the primary monitor flickering if you dont play game or movie/video... idle

do you guys also have the same problem?

Check if the Radeon VII BIOS is updated, they released one back in Feb that should address this issue. It could also be unstable undervolting/overclocking.

Have any of you already tried the i9-9900X processor?
I have replaced my i9-7900X, and I am not getting up with the system (10.14.4).

thanks. hope the new bios also solve the Q-CODE 00 error.

my Deluxe II died and they will send me a new one next week.

btw: i get a new Radeon VII today and attach two monitors to it via DP port. in Windows system, the primary monitor flickering if you dont play game or movie/video... idle

do you guys also have the same problem?

No issues here. Also updated BIOS and restored settings saved to a USB stick (I have a lot of custom fan curves).

Radeon VII works well for me and am using it full time. There are some glitches but that’s part of being beta so I wouldn’t recommend it right now unless you’re feeling frisky.

Under Windows there’s 0 problems. I ran intensive benchmarks for hours, then ran intensive games. No issues.

@kgp

Check if the Radeon VII BIOS is updated, they released one back in Feb that should address this issue. It could also be unstable undervolting/overclocking.

@applemacosxGOD,

also check if you really use the actual AMD Radeon Windows driver software package and check that the latter is also properly installed.

If you formerly used the Radeon Windows driver software package with a Vega it is anyway recommended to uninstall the former driver and software package installation and to reinstall the latest package and driver version from scratch, with your VII already implemented in your system.

Everything should work such also perfectly under Windows.

Good luck,

KGP

first progress .... :)

Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 22.31.38.png

a little better , but not constant ...
the average is between 175k and 180k

Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 09.49.51.png

I have the impression that everything is about the temperature ... the more you stress it, the lower the test values ... boot anyway i saw the next text ... what is it?

Untitled.png

edit:

new sensors for radeon 7 are totally wrong ... in idle, istat menu looks 31c and in full load 38c ... in the valley ungine, about halfway through the test, the fans are heard, there is a lot of laughing, the temperature is over 100c, but istat menu show 38c ... something does not bind ..
I do not say that the valley show correct values, but the fact that fans are heard makes me think it is at least close

Last edited:
My system is i9 9900x, Gigabyte x299 Master, with Quadro P1000 & P4000. 64gb ram. I have tried many procedures to install Mojave in my system. But no progress. Please help me, what should i do. I have attached my configuration.

Attachments

• 302BA49A-B7C7-4EF9-9E4F-2A8217E7AF2C.jpeg
    302BA49A-B7C7-4EF9-9E4F-2A8217E7AF2C.jpeg
    655.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 6A471E65-D87C-4629-8647-A7A7211B122B.jpeg
    6A471E65-D87C-4629-8647-A7A7211B122B.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 70
a little better , but not constant ...
the average is between 175k and 180k

View attachment 399498

I have the impression that everything is about the temperature ... the more you stress it, the lower the test values ... boot anyway i saw the next text ... what is it?

View attachment 399506

edit:

new sensors for radeon 7 are totally wrong ... in idle, istat menu looks 31c and in full load 38c ... in the valley ungine, about halfway through the test, the fans are heard, there is a lot of laughing, the temperature is over 100c, but istat menu show 38c ... something does not bind ..
I do not say that the valley show correct values, but the fact that fans are heard makes me think it is at least close

If you would be able to conduct a normal conversation without permanently using offending side comments like now again "there is a lot of laughing", our entire conversation would be easier. If you are not able to do so, I will be out of any further discussion between us.

The new GPU Sensor kext, now implemented in my 10.14.5 EFI-Folder distribution, appeared to show significantly increasing and supposedly reasonable VII GPU iStat temps (above 70 deg and beyond in line with noisy fan rotation) during the Luxmark benchmarks I performed for testing purposes without any VII device ID in WEG. Otherwise I would have never distributed the modified Kozlek/Interferenc FakeSMC/HWSensor kext distribution within my recent 10.14.5 EFI-Folder distribution. Certainly I also used my VII SSDT for these GPU Sensor kext testing purposes.

BTW.. did you ask now @VIT9696 for a correct VII consideration within his WEG source code distribution, as agreed few posts before? If it would really turn out that the GPU Sensor kext source code needs further corrections, we should primarily ensure the correct VII consideration within the WEG source code distribution.

Last edited:
GC-Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 with X299-WU8

I made this patch & SSDT for X299 with Alpine Ridge

Comment PC01 -> PCI1 patch for GC-Alpine Ridge By N.Mano
Find 50433031
Replace 50434931

Apply this patched with your clover config turn off your pc.
Connect your thunderbolt devices and USB -C devices
Now start your system.
XXXXX
Without this patch -sleep worked
With patch-Alpine Ridge worked

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.52.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.52.12 PM.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.42.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 12.42.31 PM.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 72