Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. and what improves in your opinion if one does not use WEG?

For me WEG just does what it ever did and what I need it for, also in case of the VII.

Also could you show me where in the WEG source code or WEG.kext you find e.g. the device IDs for the Vegas?
@kgp The Vega(s) pciid are available here, Radeon VII id isn't in there, but I'm not sure if that's required at this point given that a stable 10.14.5 hasn't been released yet.

I do not know if there is anything to be done if it was listed radeon 7 id , but the fact that it is missing I think it has a negative impact ... for now WEG only uses to remove the black screen after login ...

I do not know if there is anything to be done if it was listed radeon 7 id , but the fact that it is missing I think it has a negative impact ... for now WEG only uses to remove the black screen after login ...

Disagree.. you did not answer my question above and else I would recommend to avoid distributing personal guesses or speculations that might lack base or documentation.

I need WEG for the number of DP and HDMI port implementations and that’s it basically.

All the best, my friend

KGP

Last edited:
Disagree.. you did not answer my question above and else I would recommend to avoid distributing personal guesses or speculations that might lack base or documentation.

I need WEG for the number of DP and HDMI port implementations and that’s it basically.

All the best, my friend

KGP

fals ... all DP and HDMI working without WEG ...

Not able to confirm this based on my my previous findings and definitely also not the case for any Vega. Anyway, I do not see any relation with your other statements concerning VII compatibility of WEG.

Anyway, I guess we can stop the entire discussions at this place.

I will continue using my approach and you will continue using your approach, which is basically the VII implementation actually offered by Apple.

All the best, my friend,

KGP

Last edited:

WEG is required for me, still. I only get one display output without it.

Also WEG has Shiki which allows you to play DRM content such as Amazon Prime Video, etc.

WEG is required for me, still. I only get one display output without it.

Also WEG has Shiki which allows you to play DRM content such as Amazon Prime Video, etc.

I do not care about DRM content ...but the initial discussion was about the presence or absence of Radeon7 id in WEG and how this influences the operation ... the discussion degenerated from lack of interest ...
Finally, it was concluded that it is best to expect a final implementation by apple

I do not care about DRM content ...but the initial discussion was about the presence or absence of Radeon7 id in WEG and how this influences the operation ... the discussion degenerated from lack of interest ...
Finally, it was concluded that it is best to expect a final implementation by apple

Ok :geek:

@kgp The Vega(s) pciid are available here, Radeon VII id isn't in there, but I'm not sure if that's required at this point given that a stable 10.14.5 hasn't been released yet.

Fine, thanks for the info. However, I don't think that the Radeon VII ID is really required in WEG for what I need and use WEG for, as everything works as expected in line with my Radeon VII SSDT implementation. I really do not see any reason for the entire ongoing discussion.

In summary and conclusion, my friends:

In my personal opinion, the yet not optimal VII macOS performance is mostly due to a not yet optimal Apple Radeon VII driver implementation and some lacking benchmark software optimisation, with special emphasis on Geekbench, which even derives disappointing benchmark results for the Vega 64 under the recent 10.14.5 Public Beta (drop of 30.000 scores roughly, when compared with 10.14.4), whereas respective Luxmark (33.000) or Cinebench (166 fps) scores even slightly improved for the Vega 64.

Finally, I don't understand why nobody asks @VIT9696 to add Radeon VII support to WEG, if somebody believes that WEG still lacks a Radeon VII implementation and the latter would be mandatory for your particular Radeon VII system configuration. There is certainly no reason to wait for a final Apple Radeon VII macOS implementation to do so, as also any respective WEG distribution still could be subsequently improved if deemed necessary. However, this thread here is certainly not the right place to do so and nobody actually benefits from pure theoretical discussions, which are not even accompanied by benchmark results that would proof that the VII benchmark scores would increase when skipping WEG for now or by functionality demonstrations that would show that neither WEG nor any SSDT are required in case of Apple's actual Radeon VII macOS implementation.

In any case, I am convinced that the WEG + Radeon VII SSDT approach is the correct way to go in making all DP/HDMI ports of the Radeon VII work properly and in achieving display HotPlug, multi-monitor support and full system sleep/wake functionality like in case of the RX560, RX580, Vega 56, Vega 64 and the Vega Frontier, which was anyway also actually the case within my recent Radeon VII system configuration. My actual Radeon VII SSDT and all my other AMD GPU SSDTs have been derived from respective iMacPro dumps and have not been purely invented from my side.

Having said the above, I really would appreciate if we could stop any pure theoretical discussion here and for now.

I anyway already returned the air flow Radeon VII, which I employed up to now on my X99 system for testing purposes, to its owner. Thus further contributions from my side can be expected, once I have the necessary budget and money for my own water blocked Radeon VII X299 implementation. In my personal opinion, everything is set for the Radeon VII at my side and Radeon VII SSDTs as well as a Kozlek/Interferenc FakeSMC/HWSensor distribution, which I locally modified to show VII GPU Temps in iStatMenus, are either available in my respective Github SSDT repositories or are now part of my recent 10.14.5 EFI-Folder distributions. Anyway, nobody is obliged to use anything related with this else personal approach and I moreover recommend to wait with the purchase of any Radeon VII until there is a final VII macOS implementation and the macOS Radeon VII also works under macOS at full performance.

Thanks for your comprehension and good luck for all your endeavours,

KGP

Last edited:
Is anyone have mouse lag issue with Whatevergreen installed ? I have 5k monitor connected (with displayport 1.4) to VEGA64. If i use Vegagraphicsfixup, all works fine (except of rare random kernel panics). I've tried to switch to whatevergreen, but i have short-time mouse lag every 3-4 seconds.

Is anyone have mouse lag issue with Whatevergreen installed ? I have 5k monitor connected (with displayport 1.4) to VEGA64. If i use Vegagraphicsfixup, all works fine (except of rare random kernel panics). I've tried to switch to whatevergreen, but i have short-time mouse lag every 3-4 seconds.

No mouse lag issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back