Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your interest. I'm telling you to confirm the rankings..

1. ASUS X299 I have the APEX motherboard. First I'm going to do the bios settings.
2. Open the file IDCAdjustReset.kext on a mac computer, enter the relevant codes in the directory, edit it according to my own processor and save it.
3. 10.14.4 We are downloading the EFI Folder distribution from the directory.
4. The MSR record is open on my motherboard. That's why I'm gonna go on to Section D.

Have I got it right. Thank you.

Well the properly adjusted TSCAdjustReset.kext must go to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, and you have to complete your SMBIOS credentials in your config.plist and also enable the USB port limit patches in case you do not use any 15-port XHC USB kext yet. The rest is post installation processing Section E.)

Good luck,

KGP

This guide is so well explained, i just couldn't find other guide for z390 like this~

I am sure you could use this guide also with Z390, but there might be anyway also a new SMBIOS for recent iMacs featuring i9 processors.

MacOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) - special build

Yesterday Apple seems to have added a second special build of MacOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) on swcdn.apple.com, likely for new devices.

Attached the script for the respective Install MacOS.app creation.

EFI-X299-10.14.4-Release-iMacPro1,1-250319.zip is also fully valid in this case.

No native vanilla implementation of the Radeon VII also with this macOS build yet.

Enjoy and have fun,

Attachments

• createInstaller-10.14.4-SB.sh.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 55
Note: only affects Windows when running on ASUS branded PC's, AFAIK.
Hackers Hijacked ASUS Software Updates to Install Backdoors on Thousands of Computers
A malware checker for the issue has been released:

Reactions: kgp
Hello KGP! Thanks for wonderful guide, I have built an x99 rig using your previous guide, everything is working sooo good! Now I'd like to try x299 platform. And I have a question: what is the difference between x299 sage and x299 sage 10G? I can buy 1gb version for a good price, can I use your guide etc for it? I guess the only difference is network adapters, will it be a problem to load proper kexts for 1gb version? Thank you again!

Hello KGP! Thanks for wonderful guide, I have built an x99 rig using your previous guide, everything is working sooo good! Now I'd like to try x299 platform. And I have a question: what is the difference between x299 sage and x299 sage 10G? I can buy 1gb version for a good price, can I use your guide etc for it? I guess the only difference is network adapters, will it be a problem to load proper kexts for 1gb version? Thank you again!

Well, if I correctly remember there have been posts of users with the WS X299 Sage along my threads. You can read their feedback or direct your questions directly to them.

Anyway, the situation seems to be the following:

Intel® I210-AT (WS X299 Sage; @Mieze: I was asked to support for I210, I211 and I350 but as these chips have a completely different architecture, which isn't supported by the underlying Linux driver, this is impossible, sorry; @jodm ru: Intel I210 Ethernet controller should work out-of-the-box using native support by vanilla AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, if it does not, then it's weird. My board has the same controller and it works fine without any effort - see this post and subsequent post)

Intel® I211-AT (Prime X299 Deluxe; SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext patched by @ydeng)

Intel® I219-LM (WS X299 Sage; IntelMausiEthernet.kext by @Mieze)

Intel® I219V (Prime X299 Deluxe, Prime X299 Deluxe II; IntelMausiEthernet.kext by @Mieze)

Hope this helps somehow.

Anyway, I guess it is worth to invest 100$ more and get the ASUS WS X299 SAGE 10G. You won't get 2x Intel X550-AT2 for 100$ anywhere.

See, e.g.:

Intel X550-T2 Ethernet PCIe Adapter, Amazon Germany, 250-450 €
Intel X550-T2 Ethernet PCIe Adapter, Amazon US, 340-370 $

Last edited:
Other minor differences are 6 additional USB ports on the back (2 usb 3 and 4 usb 2), and an extra u.2 vs the sage 10G. So you’ll also have to adopt a new usb kext for the sage. Everything else aside from the Ethernet breakdown @kgp mentioned is nearly identical and works well. There are also minor differences when setting up SSDTs. I used to use the sage before upgrading to the 10g variant.

Some noticeable and official public progress with respect to some intermediate Radeon VII macOS implementation also on X99 and X299.

See this post and this post in the "AMD Radeon VII in macOS Mojave" thread on IM.

Enjoy and have fun,

Last edited:
Some noticeable and official public progress with respect to some intermediate Radeon VII macOS implementation also on X99 and X299.

See this post and this post in the "AMD Radeon VII in macOS Mojave" thread on IM.

Enjoy and have fun,

are you sure that "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" is the right one for radeon 7?

are you sure that "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" is the right one for radeon 7?

You can remove it in any case. It can be optimized for sure. Just did a brief estimate with VGTab. The aim was not to achieve maximum performance but rather to check VII functionality based on the ID injector kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back