Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

First many thanks to KGP and the brillant minds here present.

around a year ago I did manage to setup my first hackintosh ever, thanks to your thread how-to-build-your-own-imac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide...

It was almost perfect until a few days ago : I first lost the sound of my LG 31MU97Z-B
I was already experiencing issues with awake/sleep disconnecting my USB devices (but I think it was because I used the 20 ports of my Asus x299 deluxe instead limit myself to 15 ports)... but now none of the USB 3 ports work...

So I think it is time to reinstall completly the OS

I thought I had done a backup of my system with Carbon Copy Cloner, but well I think I have messed up because all I have is a USB key with 4 folders : applications, library, sytem, users ... So it seems I cannot reinstall my high sierra system with that, am I wrong?

So since I have to do all the job once again, I think I should go for MOJAVE.
I was wondering if Mojave solved the :

E.13) Native Display Brightness Control of your High Sierra guide

since I do not find this section in your Mojave guide

and also the

E.14) Logic-X and Audio Studio Software Functionality

do I still need to follow it or not ?

Once I manage to get Mojave running, can I just copy paste the folders of my "backup" USB key to my system disk or is it completly stupid?
(Just because I'd like to avoid reinstalling all my apps, especially LOGIC)

What is your best way to make a clean first install bootable backup? (when I have completed the install of Mojave and my apps, i'd like to clone the system to an external hard drive, store it safely and then just plug it to my hackintosh to start over to this clean installation)

Thank you very much in advance for you precious help

Guide update to 10.14.4 (18E226) completed

View attachment 395065

View attachment 395066

New 10.14.4 EFI-Folder distribution EFI-X299-10.14.4-Release-iMacPro1,1-250319.zip in the X299 EFI-Folder Github repository. Clover_v2.4k_r4903 and new 10.14.4 USB port limit patch implementation. Updated FakeSMC and HWSensor distribution. One should also implement latest Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and Whatevergreen.kext distributions.

Still no native vanilla Radeon VII macOS implementation (still no default Radeon VII device-ID 0x66AF1002 in the vanilla AMDRadeonX5000.kext).

Also note new Xcode 10.2 and Xcode 10.2 Command Line distributions.

Enjoy and have fun,

View attachment 395067

Thanks!
Works great

Even (I'm still testing) fixed the problem on the video card
Which freeze operating system while exporting from Final Cut Pro x

Reactions: kgp
Hi everyone!

First many thanks to KGP and the brillant minds here present.

around a year ago I did manage to setup my first hackintosh ever, thanks to your thread how-to-build-your-own-imac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide...

It was almost perfect until a few days ago : I first lost the sound of my LG 31MU97Z-B
I was already experiencing issues with awake/sleep disconnecting my USB devices (but I think it was because I used the 20 ports of my Asus x299 deluxe instead limit myself to 15 ports)... but now none of the USB 3 ports work...

So I think it is time to reinstall completly the OS

I thought I had done a backup of my system with Carbon Copy Cloner, but well I think I have messed up because all I have is a USB key with 4 folders : applications, library, sytem, users ... So it seems I cannot reinstall my high sierra system with that, am I wrong?

So since I have to do all the job once again, I think I should go for MOJAVE.
I was wondering if Mojave solved the :

E.13) Native Display Brightness Control of your High Sierra guide

since I do not find this section in your Mojave guide

and also the

E.14) Logic-X and Audio Studio Software Functionality

do I still need to follow it or not ?

Once I manage to get Mojave running, can I just copy paste the folders of my "backup" USB key to my system disk or is it completly stupid?
(Just because I'd like to avoid reinstalling all my apps, especially LOGIC)

What is your best way to make a clean first install bootable backup? (when I have completed the install of Mojave and my apps, i'd like to clone the system to an external hard drive, store it safely and then just plug it to my hackintosh to start over to this clean installation)

Thank you very much in advance for you precious help

First at all, provided that you are still under 10.13, this might not be the correct thread for your post, my friend. For further discussions related to 10.13, I therefore kindly ask you to change to the adequate 10.13 X299 thread in any case.

Are you saying that the former 10.13.6 USB port limit patch is not working anymore under 10.13.6 second SU 2019?

Concerning HDAU, are you using WEG.kext and a properly adapted SSDT-X299-HDEF.aml and SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml + SSDT-DTPG.aml in addition? If the latter is not the case, your sleep/wake issues might just be the consequence, although the latter issues could be also USB related, provided that you do not use any 15 port XHC USB kext and that the former 10.13.6 USB port limit patch would be really broken under 10.13.6 second SU 2019. I don't use 10.13.6 anymore on any of my two systems for half a year approximately.

Based on the quite basic information you provide above, I also don't know if you use any other hopefully properly adapted System SSDTs in your EFI-Folder as recommended or anything else that deviates from the general guidelines in the originating post of the 10.13 X299 thread. Additionally uploading a IOREG.save and PCI snapshot in line with your 10.13 EFI-Folder might allow others to help you in your apparent 10.13 issues. As you know, I do not provide user specific support for now in addition to my guidelines, and I also will be mostly unavailable between 28 March and 3 August 2019 due to ongoing vacations.

I would rather recommend to fix possible issues in your 10.13 EFI-Folder, if you want to maintain your current MacOS Installation and for not likely committing similar errors within a new 10.14 EFI-Folder configuration. Updating to 10.14 could be a subsequent option, if your system again behaves as expected under 10.13. Respective 10.14 guidelines, also for a clean install of 10.14 can be found in the originating post of THIS thread in any case.

I am actually using the LG5K2K after selling my former LG38UC99 on Ebay. For the primer display, display brightness and night shift are natively supported by macOS. Up to my knowledge and provided recent user feedback, the workaround for the LG38UC99 provided in Section E.13 of the 10.13 guide does not work under 10.14, therefore Section E.13 also has been skipped in the respective 10.14 guide.

I would not know which fundamental things Section E.14 of the 10.13 guide implies, apart from general recommendations when using Logic-X due to ongoing discussions at that time.

Finally I do not understand at all, about which USB key with supposed subdirectories applications, library, system, users your are actually talking about.

I always use Carbon Copy Cloner for any backup of my system disks, however that's my personal choice and there have been outlined valid alternatives along my threads and other threads in this forum, including time machine backups.

I hope this answers some of your questions and for the rest I just wish you best of luck,

KGP

This is to let you know that due to vacations, I will be basically unavailable from 28th March until 3rd April 2019.

Thanks for your comprehension, my friends..

if I purchase exactly PC comments as your build, can I just download your EFI and RUN?

if I purchase exactly PC comments as your build, can I just download your EFI and RUN?

As long you use exactly same hardware, PCIe slot population and water blocking, you should be able to use the same EFI-Folder, I am using on my system after also implementing the proper BIOS settings and after completing your own SMBIOS credentials in the config.plist. If you do not have a water blocked Nitro+ Vega64 like I still employ, you have to to remove/modify the respective load table in SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml. Remember though that in contrary the standard EFI-Folder on Github is incomplete and requires TSCAdjustReset.kext and the entire post installation procedure.

In any case, consider that for now my new WS X299 Sage 10G system might undergo further changes, thus my current hardware configuration might still change in the future.

Therefore, it might be still the better idea to learn how to configure your own system independently from mine. In any case, the closer the system is to my guidelines the easier will be its implementation.

As long you use exactly same hardware, PCIe slot population and water blocking, you should be able to use the same EFI-Folder, I am using on my system after also implementing the proper BIOS settings and after completing your own SMBIOS credentials in the config.plist. If you do not have a water blocked Nitro+ Vega64 like I still employ, you have to to remove/modify the respective load table in SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml. Remember though that in contrary the standard EFI-Folder on Github is incomplete and requires TSCAdjustReset.kext and the entire post installation procedure.

In any case, consider that for now my new WS X299 Sage 10G system might undergo further changes, thus my current hardware configuration might still change in the future.

Therefore, it might be still the better idea to learn how to configure your own system independently from mine. In any case, the closer the system is to my guidelines the easier will be its implementation.

Thank you for the reply~
Is it possible to use this guide apply to Z390?

Thank you for the reply~
Is it possible to use this guide apply to Z390?

While it may be doable, this guide is built around the X299 platform so you would have much better compatibility info on the z390 guides. Good luck!

While it may be doable, this guide is built around the X299 platform so you would have much better compatibility info on the z390 guides. Good luck!

This guide is so well explained, i just couldn't find other guide for z390 like this~

Listen, my friend.. what you basically have to do is to consider all relevant BIOS settings and to download and complete the corresponding default EFI-Folder distribution by properly adopting and adding TSCAdjustReset.kext and likely considering additional boot flag npci=0x2000 for non-ASUS X299 motherboards. As long the MSR register in your BIOS firmware is unlocked (e.g. by disabling MSR lock in your BIOS settings) all is set for performing the initial MacOS Installation following the respective guidelines in Section D). With locked MSR register, you also need to check KernelPM und enable the implemented XCPM_core_scope kernel patch in our config.plist before the initial macOS installation. The rest can be done by following Section E.) - Post installation process.

Please don't ask me to rewrite here my guide once more. And don't get particularly sticked with Section C, which is just meant as an additional help in solving most frequent user issues during the overall system configuration described along my guidelines.

Thank you for your interest. I'm telling you to confirm the rankings..

1. ASUS X299 I have the APEX motherboard. First I'm going to do the bios settings.
2. Open the file IDCAdjustReset.kext on a mac computer, enter the relevant codes in the directory, edit it according to my own processor and save it.
3. 10.14.4 We are downloading the EFI Folder distribution from the directory.
4. The MSR record is open on my motherboard. That's why I'm gonna go on to Section D.

Have I got it right. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back