Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual boot is very easy with 2 drives.
1. Install Mac or windows on drive 1.
2. Remove/unplug drive 1 and install the other os on drive 2.
3. When both os are setup on the drives you can plug back in drive 1 and setup the drive with Mac OS as the startup drive in your bios. So when clover loads, you can choose whichever os you want to boot into.

ohh great. ;)

Hello.

My last question. Forgive...

in the following photo says copy to both flash disk and system disk.. Does the system disk mean the __MACOSX folder?

I need to set the terminal codes for TSC AdjustRest.kext in an macintosh, right?

Attachments

• system.png
    system.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 59
I have the NZXT one and sleep works fine on Z390, already tested it. The trick I used to make sure didn't collide in OSX was to completely remove the USB port from SSDT (USBInjectAll). I saw on the manual that the X299 should have 2 USB3 ports, are those connected to a single internal hub?

There is also this hub which seems could do the trick.

I'm having issues w/ the corsair H150i... I just put the cooler in this weekend and now it seems I'm not the only one in my house w/ insomnia.

I just got everything up and running correctly ~2 weeks ago thanks to @psedog (really just followed his guide) and as such I used his custom SSDT which "removes" the the USB 2.0 mobo header as u suggested. However, I am still running into the issue of it not allowing the system to sleep.

Could I just unplug the usb header cable from the mob all-together? It seems to me though that removing the USB via the DDST is essentially the same (even though its not currently working :p)?

Also I still have until Apr 14 to return the sucker so I might just get what you have or something even more compatible if there are any recommendations?

I'm having issues w/ the corsair H150i... I just put the cooler in this weekend and now it seems I'm not the only one in my house w/ insomnia.

I just got everything up and running correctly ~2 weeks ago thanks to @psedog (really just followed his guide) and as such I used his custom SSDT which "removes" the the USB 2.0 mobo header as u suggested. However, I am still running into the issue of it not allowing the system to sleep.

Could I just unplug the usb header cable from the mob all-together? It seems to me though that removing the USB via the DDST is essentially the same (even though its not currently working :p)?

Also I still have until Apr 14 to return the sucker so I might just get what you have or something even more compatible if there are any recommendations?

I also have a h150i and I set the pump to performance mode or whatever in icue then unplugged the usb header. Changed the fan headers to the motherboard and it’s been working well for me. No rgb control anymore though :lol: I’m surprised disabling the USB port doesn’t work though

Hello.

My last question. Forgive...

in the following photo says copy to both flash disk and system disk.. Does the system disk mean the __MACOSX folder?

I need to set the terminal codes for TSC AdjustRest.kext in an macintosh, right?

By system disk means the ssd/hard drive you install Mac OS on. You can use clover configurator (mac app) to mount the EFI Partition and copy there.
But yes you’ll need a mac to adjust tsc Kext and make a usb installer for mac

I also have a h150i and I set the pump to performance mode or whatever in icue then unplugged the usb header. Changed the fan headers to the motherboard and it’s been working well for me. No rgb control anymore though :lol: I’m surprised disabling the USB port doesn’t work though

Okay awesome, were you able to at least set/save the RGB profile in windows so that it carried over while running OSX? I find the rainbow can be a bit obnoxious/distracting haha. I did reach out to corsair as well to see if they had any work arounds, I'll post if they give me a reply other than "we don't support that OS".

Yea, I need to go thru the SSDT tutorial to make sure the profile I am using did for sure remove the current header I'm using. Our mobo's vary slightly, his is the + wifi version but I just assumed our USB ports would be mapped the same.

Okay awesome, were you able to at least set/save the RGB profile in windows so that it carried over while running OSX? I find the rainbow can be a bit obnoxious/distracting haha. I did reach out to corsair as well to see if they had any work arounds, I'll post if they give me a reply other than "we don't support that OS".

Yea, I need to go thru the SSDT tutorial to make sure the profile I am using did for sure remove the current header I'm using. Our mobo's vary slightly, his is the + wifi version but I just assumed our USB ports would be mapped the same.

Unfortunately I don’t think it saves :( I used to use a vm of windows to control the rgb. I would double check in system profile -> USB and check if h150i shows. Or use ioreg and check.

Will do, I would "like" to think it saves off the profiles to its own onboard memory so it doesn't have to get it from the OS everytime. I'm pretty sure that's at least what my mobo does for its RBG stuff. Anyways thanks for the help!

Hey again @kgp, I have a (hopefully) quick question about step E.9.1.h in the guide (CPxx -> PRxx). I'm using the i9-9900x. Would you mind checking that I've gotten the cpxx_prxx replacement correct? The text file just shows the CPXX@y -> PRzz coding, I'll do the HEX conversion once I know it's correct.

Just to check, CP1A@1A -> PR18 would be a hex 43503141403141 (CP1A@1A) -> 50523138 (PR18)

Thanks so much!

EDIT: I see my mistake, in an entry like CP1A@1A, the hex should just be CP1A, excluding the @1A

You should be able use the CPxx ->PRxx snippet for the i9-7900X in any case also with the i9-9900X.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don’t think it saves :( I used to use a vm of windows to control the rgb. I would double check in system profile -> USB and check if h150i shows. Or use ioreg and check.

Have you tried OpenCorsairLink? You should be able to get a script running on boot to set your pump and fan to a profile of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back