Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that any different than OSXWiFi one? I got the one linked from thr first post, which @kgp uses. @kgp do you have airpods to test? The popping sound only happens in headset mode.

This uses a newer module that works OOB like OSXWifi and has 3 antennas instead of 4.

I have the OSXWifi but I had constant issues with Bluetooth headphones such as AirPods, Bose QC35II, Sony.

Also have tried mobo mods by swapping the onboard module, same reception issues.

So far not much issues with this and Apple spacegray wireless keyboard works fine on boot as well as headphones and AirDrop and Apple Watch unlock.

There’s more in-depth conversation about this in previous pages and other threads.

Hey @kgp, I just wanted to say how grateful I am for your guide, without which there's no way I would have been able to get a Hackintosh up and running! I got the X299 Deluxe, an i9-9900x, and an xfx Vega 56 so it was pretty straightforward to follow your instructions. Thanks so much for all your work on this thread!

Reactions: kgp
Hey again @kgp, I have a (hopefully) quick question about step E.9.1.h in the guide (CPxx -> PRxx). I'm using the i9-9900x. Would you mind checking that I've gotten the cpxx_prxx replacement correct? The text file just shows the CPXX@y -> PRzz coding, I'll do the HEX conversion once I know it's correct.

Just to check, CP1A@1A -> PR18 would be a hex 43503141403141 (CP1A@1A) -> 50523138 (PR18)

Thanks so much!

EDIT: I see my mistake, in an entry like CP1A@1A, the hex should just be CP1A, excluding the @1A

Attachments

• cpxx_prxx_i9-9900x.txt
    612 bytes · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hello all..

@kgp

Thank you for your services.. firstly my system is briefly ;

İ9 7900X + X299 APEX + Vega64+ 1 TB M2 etc...

I will start your contacts..there are some things I don't understand.

1- Download and unzip my actual respective X299 EFI-Folder distribution and copy the therein contained EFI-Folder to your Desktop. Open the config.plist in /EFI/Clover/ with the latest version of Clover Configurator (>/= v.4.60.0), proceed to the "SMBIOS" Section and complete the SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 Serial Number, Board Serial Number and SMUUID entries.

You, too....There are 2 folders in the photo in the efi/Clover folder.. which folder will do these operations..

Thank you all..

Attachments

• efi 1.jpg
    efi 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 86
You, too....There are 2 folders in the photo in the efi/Clover folder.. which folder will do these operations..
EFI-X299-10.14.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-250119 is the correct folder you have to use.

Do not use _MACOSX folder.

Let's say I installed 10.14.3 smoothly. Will I be able to update without any problems when os x 10.14.4 is released?
sürücüyü tekrar kurmam gerekecek mi? veya ayarlarım bozulur mu?

Do you also have the chance to work dualboot with windows 10?

Very thank you..

Let's say I installed 10.14.3 smoothly. Will I be able to update without any problems when os x 10.14.4 is released?
sürücüyü tekrar kurmam gerekecek mi? veya ayarlarım bozulur mu?

Do you also have the chance to work dualboot with windows 10?

Very thank you..

Most likely, if anything there will be a new version of the efi folder/clover. Yes dualboot is possible but it’s best to use separate drives for each os. Good luck!

Most likely, if anything there will be a new version of the efi folder/clover. Yes dualboot is possible but it’s best to use separate drives for each os. Good luck!

I will definitely use 2 pcs ssd for 2 system..Is there anything else I should do?Is there a guide for dual boot or?

Thank you.

I will definitely use 2 pcs ssd for 2 system..Is there anything else I should do?Is there a guide for dual boot or?

Thank you.

Dual boot is very easy with 2 drives.
1. Install Mac or windows on drive 1.
2. Remove/unplug drive 1 and install the other os on drive 2.
3. When both os are setup on the drives you can plug back in drive 1 and setup the drive with Mac OS as the startup drive in your bios. So when clover loads, you can choose whichever os you want to boot into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back