Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
still interested to read about how high your CPU will go temperature wise when you run the Prime95 test, if you have an AVX offset of only 2/3, I'm guessing it will get *very* hot regardless of your cooling system.

Now mine is nowhere as good as yours, still 2x360mm rad EK, but over 4.1Ghz for AVX (so that's all core @ 4.7GHz with an AVX offset set to 6)

I am not very familiar with Prime95 stress test settings and I find the use of Prime95 too risky in any case, as it has the potential to severely harm your system. I did not use it in the past and I won't use it in the future. I feel quite comfortable with the benchmark tools I used so far and for the work I am doing such benchmarks are sufficient. For anything else, I usually evaluate/optimise my personal system by employing my codes for parallel computing and based on respective results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml implementation and it is also working.
I initially thought the Vega FE approach could be the better solution because the WX 9100 is very similar to the Vega FE.
But anyway, I keep the Vega64 implementation.
Thank you.

@pieropontra
yes, it is an expensive card. But for my purpose I need those 6 DP outputs and the 16GB VRAM.
That's why I bought it... no more and no less ;)
Hi @rolandino , did you fully implemented the WX 9100 using the Vega64 implementation + WEG? Is everything working.
Thanks mate

Yeah I think it might be an issue with Corsair products? *shrugs* at least when I google about Corsair I’ve seen issues. At least it doesn’t wake up right away after anymore.
Im still using wireless so haven’t really been able to test Ethernet. Yeah my clover auto starts the os from last boot after 5 seconds. I didn’t adjust any settings from the EFIs in post 1 to change that. You may need different antennas with better range? I know @izo1 definitely has had experience with Bluetooth :lol:. AirPods work fine for me and don’t cut out until I walk a bit out of my room

I use this and most of the problems went away. You can find it cheaper on AliExpress :thumbup:

Guys, i need help. This is the first time i try to build a Hackintosh.
hardware list of my computer:
ASUS Prime Deluxe II ( BIOS version 0504 )
i9 9940x
AMD Vega 64

I am currently using a LG ultrafine 5k monitor so I have to use the thunderbolt 3 provided by the deluxe II.

Here is what i went through up until now:

I set up the BIOS settings and followed D.1 to D.3 according to this guide.
But I I got stuck at D.4 step 5.
5.) Subsequently, click on the USB Flash Drive Installer Icon in the clover boot menu to boot the respective macOS Installer partition on your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer.

The output said "busy timeout iothunderbolt xxxx, service exited xxxx" for several times. I letted it keep going for a while. When i backed to the computer, the screen is black.

So I googled deluxe ii thunderbolt problem and got the following thread

I dowloaded the EFI_WILL file and tried again. This time the busy timeout was gone and the process seems to be worked. However, after a few minutes, the screen still became black.

I am an absolute beginner. Should I buy another non-thunderbolt monitor and try again. I don't know whether it is related.

The attachment is the EFI file i am using. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Guys, i need help. This is the first time i try to build a Hackintosh.
hardware list of my computer:
ASUS Prime Deluxe II ( BIOS version 0504 )
i9 9940x
AMD Vega 64

I am currently using a LG ultrawide 5k monitor so I have to use the thunderbolt 3 provided by the deluxe II.

Here is what i went through up until now:

I set up the BIOS settings and followed D.1 to D.3 according to this guide.
But I I got stuck at D.4 step 5.
5.) Subsequently, click on the USB Flash Drive Installer Icon in the clover boot menu to boot the respective macOS Installer partition on your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer.

The output said "busy timeout iothunderbolt xxxx, service exited xxxx" for several times. I letted it keep going for a while. When i backed to the computer, the screen is black.

So I googled deluxe ii thunderbolt problem and got the following thread

I dowloaded the EFI_WILL file and tried again. This time the busy timeout was gone and the process seems to be worked. However, after a few minutes, the screen still became black.

I am an absolute beginner. Should I buy another non-thunderbolt monitor and try again. I don't know whether it is related.

The attachment is the EFI file i am using. Thanks a lot.

Try to get your system working under macOS @ 5K2K native screen resolution with the LG 5K2K connected to one of the DP1.4 ports of your Vega 64 at first place. No need of TB in this case. Otherwise you likely have to deal with two different TB problems, partly related with your LG 5K2K and partly related with the onboard TTR controller of the Deluxe II.

I was successfully running the LG 5K2K via one of the TB3 ports of my GC-Titan Ridge on my Deluxe under macOS though, apart from system sleep/wake and apart from persistent LG 5K2K initialisation issues during any cold boot of my system. Both issues seem LG 5K2K firmware, GC-Titan Ridge firmware or Deluxe firmware related.

Everything detailed and explained in my guide. My initial EFI-Folder distribution is also fully valid for the Deluxe II. The same states for the rest of my guidelines.

Good luck, my friend.

Last edited:
I use this and most of the problems went away. You can find it cheaper on AliExpress :thumbup:

Is that any different than OSXWiFi one? I got the one linked from thr first post, which @kgp uses. @kgp do you have airpods to test? The popping sound only happens in headset mode.

Try to get your system working under macOS @ 5K2K native screen resolution with the LG 5K2K connected to one of the DP1.4 ports of your Vega 64 at first place. No need of TB in this case. Otherwise you likely have to deal with two different TB problems, partly related with your LG 5K2K and partly related with the onboard TTR controller of the Deluxe II.

I was successfully running the LG 5K2K via one of the TB3 ports of my GC-Titan Ridge on my Deluxe though, apart from system sleep/wake and apart from persistent LG 5K2K initialisation issues during any cold boot of my system. Both issues seem GC-Titan Ridge or Deluxe firmware related.

Everything detailed and explained in my guide. My initial EFI-Folder distribution is also fully valid for the Deluxe II. The same states for the rest of my guidelines.

Good luck, my friend.
thanks. I typed wrong model sorry about that. The monitor I use is ultrafine 5k and it only has one input and that is TB3.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
thanks. I typed wrong model sorry about that. The monitor I use is ultrafine 5k
I think I will first borrow a old monitor from my friend to try to fix the problem first

Reactions: kgp
Is that any different than OSXWiFi one? I got the one linked from thr first post, which @kgp uses. @kgp do you have airpods to test? The popping sound only happens in headset mode.

Nope, I do not have any working BT headset, but I occasionally used BT audio with my former LG 38UC99 though, without facing any problems. Else, I experienced the usual BT audio issue of popping sound with increasing distance when connecting my Beats (before they broke) to my iPhone via BT, which as commonly known strongly depends on the sophistication of the respective BT antenna implementation.

The entire Hackintosh BT topic and different respective hardware solutions have been anyway extensively discussed along the 10.13 and 10.14 X299 threads. Nothing really to be added from my side at this place.

Last edited:
thanks. I typed wrong model sorry about that. The monitor I use is ultrafine 5k and it only has one input and that is TB3.

A minor typo with strong implications though.

As you state yourself, for the LG Ultrafine 5k, TB is a must.

But there is another likely not tiny difference: the LG Ultrafine 5k requires two DP1.2 input sources (whereas your Vega 64 is DP1.4 only) connected to the respective preferentially Alpine Ridge adapter, while the LG 5K2K basically also works with just one DP1.4 input source connected to a TTR adapter.

As the LG Ultrafine 5K does neither support TTR nor DP1.4, the TTR might anyway not be the optimum choice for your LG Ultrafine 5K monitor. In contrary, I was able to successfully run the LG 5K2K with the GC-Titan Ridge under macOS and 5K2K active resolution, but I failed in successfully driving this monitor @ native 5K resolution even under Windows with an GC-Alpine Ridge adapter on my X99 system.

In any case, it might be a good idea to set up your system with a standard monitor via DP or HDMI at first place and to subsequently dedicate your time on running the LG Ultrafine 5k with the onboard TTR controller of the Deluxe II, which certainly is a different story and endeavour than the initial macOS installation.

I also never used a LG Ultrafine 5k, thus I am not very helpful in respective advises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back