Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vincek8s is there a reason you’re trying to disable 4g encoding? I couldn’t even post with 2 graphics cards in without it enabled on 0905. I haven’t tried bios 0505 though. @VideoTek also had usb issues with it disabled.

Last edited:
@vincek8s is there a reason you’re trying to disable 4g encoding? I couldn’t even post with 2 graphics cards in without it enabled on 0905. I haven’t tried bios 0505 though. @VideoTek also had usb issues without it enabled.

One thing is GPU the other thing is XHCI.

Apparently on other X299 motherboards, boot flag npci=0x2000 fixed the USB issue with firmwares > 1503, equivalent to > 0505 for the sage. . I did not had time to check on that yet and I do not need above 4G decoding for my single Vega in slot 5 either with 0904.

Didn't see the ANS-SSDT for the Sage/10g so here it is. Although I assume it's because you just have one nvme in slot-1. Also very minor but RP09 and RP11 are flip-flopped :lol: RP11 is the type-c connecter and RP09 is the back type-a and type-c ports.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-ANS.aml
    537 bytes · Views: 55
Last edited:
@vincek8s is there a reason you’re trying to disable 4g encoding? I couldn’t even post with 2 graphics cards in without it enabled on 0905. I haven’t tried bios 0505 though. @VideoTek also had usb issues with it disabled.

No particular reason, was mostly curious. :)

Didn't see the ANS-SSDT for the Sage/10g so here it is. Although I assume it's because you just have one nvme in slot-1. Also very minor but RP09 and RP11 are flip-flopped :lol: RP11 is the type-c connecter and RP09 is the back type-a and type-c ports.

Upps.. I forgot to upload SSDT-X299-ANS.aml for the Sage, which however in my Sage EFI-Folder indeed only accounted for RP21, as I only use one onboard NVMe for Windows 10 and my water blocked EVO 970 Pro for macOS is in Slot-1, which is part of SSDT-X299-Slot1-Slot3-PC02-BR2A-SL05-ANS-ARPT.aml. So thanks for adding the second onboard NVMe controller to SSDT-X299-ANS.aml for the Sage, where I finally termed the NVMe controller under RP21 as ANS1 and "Apple SSD Controller I" and the NVMe controller under PC03.BR3A.SL09 as ANS2 and "Apple SSD Controller II", as the primer is the default NVMe slot on the Sage while the second NVMe slot only can be used after mounting the physical NVMe holder on the motherboard. Thus, the SSDT-X299-ANS.aml I finally uploaded to the Github library for the Sage has a flipped RP21 and PC03.BR3A.SL09 SSDT implementation. The funny thing is that PC03.BR3A.SL09 was also the ACPI path of my water blocked EVO 970 Pro when formerly installed in Slot-6 of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, while the first onboard NVMe slot of the Deluxe is also assigned to RP21 but the second onboard NVMe slot for the Deluxe is assigned to RP09, which however harbours a XHC USB3.1 controller on the Sage X299 10G. Thus it would not be a good idea to simply use the SSDT-X299-ANS.aml for the Deluxe on the Sage as previously stated in my guide. See SSDT-X299-ANS-Prime-X299-Deluxe.aml.zip attached below. And finally I had to change now also SSDT-X299-Slot1-Slot3-PC02-BR2A-SL05-ANS-ARPT.aml, as the respective ANS3 device still figured as "Apple SSD Controller II" instead of "Apple SSD Controller III". :crazy::lol:

Finally I now attributed "ASMedia ASM3142 #2 USB 3.1 Type-A/Type-C External" to XHC1 and "ASMedia ASM3142 #1 1x USB 3.1 Type-C Internal" to XHC2 within SSDT-X299-XHC.aml for the WS X299 Sage 10G and not vice versa.

I hope after all necessary flip flop above, everything is now successfully implemented. :p

Thanks for all respective advises :thumbup:

BTW.. it is 1.50 am here.. not my usual time for working.. :lol: I was already in a different world, when waking up and reading your response by chance.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-ANS-Prime-X299-Deluxe.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 86
I was driving my i9-7980XE on the Prime X299 Deluxe most of the time @4.7 and so I will do on the WS X299 Sage 10G. Users with less extensive custom water blocking or of-the-shelf closed loop water cooling will have to lower their respective max. core ratios significantly in any case.

still interested to read about how high your CPU will go temperature wise when you run the Prime95 test, if you have an AVX offset of only 2/3, I'm guessing it will get *very* hot regardless of your cooling system.

Now mine is nowhere as good as yours, still 2x360mm rad EK, but over 4.1Ghz for AVX (so that's all core @ 4.7GHz with an AVX offset set to 6)

No particular reason, was mostly curious. :)

Btw I tested sleep and it still woke up even with erp enabled (s4+s5) think I might try plugging it into an external usb and turning off the port when I go to sleep to see if that helps.

Btw I tested sleep and it still woke up even with erp enabled (s4+s5) think I might try plugging it into an external usb and turning off the port when I go to sleep to see if that helps.

I'm using a NZXT X52 and it seems to be working fine during sleep :)

Out of curiosity, upon boot does Clover pick a default volume and use the timeout? For some reason that's not working for me.

I've also noticed that after OSX loads, the network takes a little bit of time to get up and running, which didn't happen before on Z390.

Last thing is with the new Bluetooth card I'm using (from OSXWiFi) I've noticed airpods "pop" when used in headset mode.

I'm using a NZXT X52 and it seems to be working fine during sleep :)

Out of curiosity, upon boot does Clover pick a default volume and use the timeout? For some reason that's not working for me.

I've also noticed that after OSX loads, the network takes a little bit of time to get up and running, which didn't happen before on Z390.

Last thing is with the new Bluetooth card I'm using (from OSXWiFi) I've noticed airpods "pop" when used in headset mode.

Yeah I think it might be an issue with Corsair products? *shrugs* at least when I google about Corsair I’ve seen issues. At least it doesn’t wake up right away after anymore.
Im still using wireless so haven’t really been able to test Ethernet. Yeah my clover auto starts the os from last boot after 5 seconds. I didn’t adjust any settings from the EFIs in post 1 to change that. You may need different antennas with better range? I know @izo1 definitely has had experience with Bluetooth :lol:. AirPods work fine for me and don’t cut out until I walk a bit out of my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back