Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-GPU1.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
@kgp @djlild7hina Using RX560 in the 3rd slot, is https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs/blob/master/Sources/SSDT-X299-RX560.dsl#L47 the only part that needs to be changed to the bridge address for Sage/10G?

As @djlild7hina already said, wait until you have your own system and IOREG results. Based on the small guideline I always refer to, you should be able to manage the adapatation/creation of your respective system SSDTs accordingly. There is no reason for anticipated theoretical discussions without any IOREG.save of your future system configuration.

As @djlild7hina already said, wait until you have your own system and IOREG results. Based on the small guideline I always refer to, you should be also able to manage the adapatation/creation of your SSDTs accordingly. There is no reason for anticipated theoretical discussions without any IOREG.save of your future system configuration.

Sounds good! Haha, I'm too excited :p. Question though, would the RX560 have basic functionality without the patched SSDT so I can run IOReg etc?

Sounds good! Haha, I'm too excited :p. Question though, would the RX560 have basic functionality without the patched SSDT so I can run IOReg etc?

I think lilu and whatevergreen should be enough to get you started.

Looks like Apple spec bumped the iMac Pro with some price drops on upgrade options, added a 256GB RAM option, and a Vega 64x. Radeon VII support incoming? Or maybe just a spec bumped 64.

The 256GB RAM option costs as much as a X299 Hackintosh (which would still be more powerful) :/

Hello all, Im a long time hackintosh user. ive built two machines so far and in need for a new one. i read this thread entirely, and KGPs first post for atleast 30 times... Im planning to go in your footsteps, and help widen the trail :)
right now i have the next items:

9940x
64gb corsair 3000 cl15
gigabyte vega64 8gb
2X 1tb Evo 970 m.2
Hx1200i
Be Quiet Dark Base 700

As you can see, MOBO is missing. my goals are a quiet watercooled CPU and GPU system, and as vanilla as possible. thunderbolt functionality is HIGHLY important.

at first i was focused on Asus Prime x299 Deluxe first gen, since its the easiest way to implement. But then i saw the posts regarding the Asus WS x299 Sage/10g and and wanted to go with that route, since it can save the MOBO monoblock and only watercool the CPU, will get 10g onboard and so on.

What are your thoughts on that matter? Is there something to know before deciding?

In my country theres only 1 Prime x299 Deluxe left, and only few WS x299 Sage, not 10g yet. the Sage/10g can be ordered from newegg but will take time. looking at all the stuff waiting for the motherboard is a though job...

Thank you very much and have a great night!

Vamzi.

Hello all, Im a long time hackintosh user. ive built two machines so far and in need for a new one. i read this thread entirely, and KGPs first post for atleast 30 times... Im planning to go in your footsteps, and help widen the trail :)
right now i have the next items:

9940x
64gb corsair 3000 cl15
gigabyte vega64 8gb
2X 1tb Evo 970 m.2
Hx1200i
Be Quiet Dark Base 700

As you can see, MOBO is missing. my goals are a quiet watercooled CPU and GPU system, and as vanilla as possible. thunderbolt functionality is HIGHLY important.

at first i was focused on Asus Prime x299 Deluxe first gen, since its the easiest way to implement. But then i saw the posts regarding the Asus WS x299 Sage/10g and and wanted to go with that route, since it can save the MOBO monoblock and only watercool the CPU, will get 10g onboard and so on.

What are your thoughts on that matter? Is there something to know before deciding?

In my country theres only 1 Prime x299 Deluxe left, and only few WS x299 Sage, not 10g yet. the Sage/10g can be ordered from newegg but will take time. looking at all the stuff waiting for the motherboard is a though job...

Thank you very much and have a great night!

Vamzi.

I’ve made some posts about the sage 10g but I’ll mention them here again.
Minor quirks: the thunderbolt card has to be in slot-2 so if you want a graphics card in slot-1 it’ll either have to be one slot card or have to be on a riser. There’s also no internal usb 2.0 headers and just a single usb 3.0 header. So if you want internal usb devices and your front USB ports, you’ll either need a pci card with an internal header or you can get an internal usb to usb a adapter and route the cable outside your case. 10GB is relatively easy to enable with some kexts or you can flash it as mentioned in the guide. I’m sure there’s other stuff I’ve mentioned or @kgp so just check our posts about this board but I haven’t had any issues with my board. Also gigabyte Titan ridge is the card that’s recommended. Best of luck and feel free to ask questions!

Last edited:
I’ve made some posts about the sage 10g but I’ll mention them here again.
Minor quirks: the thunderbolt card has to be in slot-2 so if you want a graphics card in slot-1 it’ll either have to be one slot card or have to be on a riser. There’s also no internal usb 2.0 headers and just a single usb 3.0 header. So if you want internal usb devices and your front USB ports, you’ll either need a pci card with an internal header or you can get an internal usb to usb a adapter and route the cable outside your case. 10GB is relatively easy to enable with some kexts or you can flash it as mentioned in the guide. I’m sure there’s other stuff I’ve mentioned or @kgp so just check our posts about this board but I haven’t had any issues with my board. Also gigabyte Titan ridge is the card that’s recommended. Best of luck and feel free to ask questions!

Hi djlild7hina, thank you for the kind and fast response!
Ive read most if not all Sage related post in this thread and do have a couple of questions:
In the Sage/10g manual it is recommended to install a single gpu in the first slot, which im planing on doing when the waterblocks and MOBO will arrive. but in the first part i would like to operate it in stock mode, to see that the card is ok before messing with it. what is the best other pci option rather then pci slot-1 for the gpu to your knowledge? I will also add an osxwifi with pcie to m.2 adapter as you did.
second, Is the GC Titan Ridge THB C cable needs any adjustments in order to work properly? in the GC titan ridge post
  • #10,495 KGP didnt mentioned anything like that so i guess not, but better ask.

Have a great night and thank you again,

Vamzi.

Hi djlild7hina, thank you for the kind and fast response!
Ive read most if not all Sage related post in this thread and do have a couple of questions:
In the Sage/10g manual it is recommended to install a single gpu in the first slot, which im planing on doing when the waterblocks and MOBO will arrive. but in the first part i would like to operate it in stock mode, to see that the card is ok before messing with it. what is the best other pci option rather then pci slot-1 for the gpu to your knowledge? I will also add an osxwifi with pcie to m.2 adapter as you did.
second, Is the GC Titan Ridge THB C cable needs any adjustments in order to work properly? in the GC titan ridge post
  • #10,495 KGP didnt mentioned anything like that so i guess not, but better ask.

Have a great night and thank you again,

Vamzi.

I would try Slot 5, though I haven’t tested it. This is the WiFi card I ended up using since it’s a bit cheaper than the OSXWIFI WiFi and Bracket

Not sure what you mean by adjusting the cables but I didn’t have to do anything. The Thunderbolt header is right below the second slot.

I would try Slot 5, though I haven’t tested it. This is the WiFi card I ended up using since it’s a bit cheaper than the OSXWIFI WiFi and Bracket

Not sure what you mean by adjusting the cables but I didn’t have to do anything. The Thunderbolt header is right below the second slot.

Thank you very much, djlild7hina! I will order all soon and update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back