Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp feel free to correct me anywhere but PC02-BR2A is typically slot-1 which is where the gpu usually is placed in most systems. The issue that makes the Sage boards more complex is that it uses a pair of plx chips which results in all of these pci-bridges. Was very difficult for me to adapt to when I was first learning but all I was missing was a couple of lines to differentiate which device was under what pci-bridge. Like @kgp said, it's definitely more demanding than other boards but is a lot easier once you get the hang of it :lol:

I believe PC02-BR2A covers slots 1,3 and PC01-BR1A covers slots 5,7 though I'm not 100% on that. I have no idea where slots 2,4,6 show up under since I haven't tried putting something in there yet. My guess is another pci-bridge will populate and it will shuffle the locations around. Thunderbolt under slot-2 actually shows up under the PCH.

Here are some examples:
Slot-1: PC02-BR2A-Pci Bridge 10
Slot-3: PC02-BR2A Pci Bridge 8
Slot-7: PC01-BR1 Pci Bridge 8

It definitely will make a lot more sense once you have ioreg and are able to look at it besides the SSDT code. Good luck!

Very interesting! It seems then, if I understood correctly, that you have your NVIDIA card in slot 1 and the Vega Frontier Edition in slot 5 while your airport card is in slot 7. So to have a graphics card in slot 1 and 3 I would need to reference the same PC02-BR2A and just specify the "Slot-X" in AAPL,slot-name?

Very interesting! It seems then, if I understood correctly, that you have your NVIDIA card in slot 1 and the Vega Frontier Edition in slot 5 while your airport card is in slot 7. So to have a graphics card in slot 1 and 3 I would need to reference the same PC02-BR2A and just specify the "Slot-X" in AAPL,slot-name?

Yep just pc02-br2a but you’ll also have to specify the pci bridge to make sure you grab the right pci slot. I believe the “slot-x” in slot name is just cosmetic

I’m experimenting with cards in slot 1 and 3 and have been having random bsods in windows.

Yep just pc02-br2a but you’ll also have to specify the pci bridge to make sure you grab the right pci slot. I believe the “slot-x” in slot name is just cosmetic

I’m experimenting with cards in slot 1 and 3 and have been having random bsods in windows.

Got it! And the pci bridge is chosen with _ADR I assume?

I still have a USB macos 10.13.3 installation disk, I've kept it preciously in case I ad to replace my motherboard. Happy to make a dump of it for those hoping to enable their Aquantia 10gig network card.

Hi, sorry in advance for the thread jack.
i have a question about GC-TITAN RIDGE. You are using the Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE add-in card with Asus X299 Motherboard.
My question is will this card work on Asus Maximus Hero VIII Z170(it has TB_HEADER), don't want to use Asus ThunderboltEX 3?

Hi, sorry in advance for the thread jack.
i have a question about GC-TITAN RIDGE. You are using the Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE add-in card with Asus X299 Motherboard.
My question is will this card work on Asus Maximus Hero VIII Z170(it has TB_HEADER), don't want to use Asus ThunderboltEX 3?

I don't know.. Can't you order a GC-Titan Ridge for testing purposes and just return it in case that it would not work with your Z170 motherboard as expected?

Looks like Apple spec bumped the iMac Pro with some price drops on upgrade options, added a 256GB RAM option, and a Vega 64x. Radeon VII support incoming? Or maybe just a spec bumped 64.

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what is a Radeon Pro 64x graphics chip is? Newest spec bump has it as a $700 additional option. This upgrade price equals the cost of Radeon VII, but I have the feeling it’s not the same thing.

Looks like Apple spec bumped the iMac Pro with some price drops on upgrade options, added a 256GB RAM option, and a Vega 64x. Radeon VII support incoming? Or maybe just a spec bumped 64.

I really hope there's support soon. I'd love to update my gtx 1080 so I can have a more stable hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back