Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is just a consequence of ignoring respective guidelines and can be easily solved by disconnecting the TB HDD during subsequent boot

Thanks for the advice @kgp (although I'm not "ignoring" anything, thank you very much).

Unfortunately, the connected device is a not a HDD - it's my display - the LG Ultrafine 5K - that is connected to the TTR at boot. I can't really start the machine without it.

So you're saying the WS X299 Sage might be a better experience with this setup?

Thanks for the advice @kgp (although I'm not "ignoring" anything, thank you very much).

Unfortunately, the connected device is a not a HDD - it's my display - the LG Ultrafine 5K - that is connected to the TTR at boot. I can't really start the machine without it.

So you're saying the WS X299 Sage might be a better experience with this setup?

Based on the current user feedback for the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G, yes. TTR HotPlug + Sleep/Wake.

Yea, I am using the LG5K2K and no sleep/wake with the monitor connected to the TTR on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.

I am therefore currently changing to the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G myself. This however will take some days, if you want to wait for my own personal results.

Last edited:
Yep, more than happy to wait. That’s an $1100 AUD motherboard

I tried,and still can't work,please help~~!
I have took the screenshots,and who can I fix it?

I took a look at your EFI and IOReg and looks like some of your SSDT replacements are wrong. Also the EFI is different than what the guide has. Can you remove all your SSDTs in your EFI folder, place your TB card in the updated slot you want it in (also update TB BIOS settings for new slot) and reupload a new IOReg?

With 1503 I was also not referring to the Sage.

I believe BIOS 501 is equivalent to 1503 on the non WS line of boards. When I upgraded to 905, I had to enable 4G encoding to boot, but I haven’t had any USB problems on any of the BIOS firmware.
Using 905 with 4G encoding enabled and no issues here. I also got rid of my PCI USB 3 card and just got the Sabrent 5 port internal USB 3 hub (Amazon reviews mention don’t plug in SATA power!) for front header panels, Titan Ridge, and Bluetooth USB cables.

My slot layout
1 - Vega Frontier
2 - Titan ridge
3 - WiFi card
4 -
5 - RTX 2080 Ti (used SSDT to null this card so it doesn’t show as a display)
6 -
7 -

Will be swapping to a pc011 dynamic, delidding, and watercooling :headbang:

Last edited:
I would like to share my testing with TB3 devices.:headbang:

GC-Titan Ridge (SLOT-4) hot plug only XHCI devices
Asus EX3 (SLOT-6 w TB_Header)

Only kext by kgp for PC01.BR1A (GC-Titan Ridge) but PC03.BR3B (Asus EX3) work OOB (cached I think so)
So in Asus EX3:
Aquantia 107 (Thunderbolt Sonnet Solo) work
Razer Core X (Radeon VII) (Inject ID in AMDRadeonX5000.kext )work

GC-Titan Ridge no need TH_header... (Next I´ll try to Gpio Force with pin 3-5 not working).

Captured some IOReg... I think it could help to modify or create some aml for TH3.

I can't to use "prefer external GPU" in FCP... I think is needed to be detected as Thunderbolt@108,0,0 (Airport at the moment "no aml").
Using Radeon VII if monitor is connected.

Attachments

• ETH_BR3B_OK.ioreg
    6.8 MB · Views: 78
  • GPU_BR3B_OK.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Based on the current user feedback for the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G, yes. TTR HotPlug + Sleep/Wake.

Yea, I am using the LG5K2K and no sleep/wake with the monitor connected to the TTR on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.

I am therefore currently changing to the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G myself. This however will take some days, if you want to wait for my own personal results.

Esoteric question...is the distance from the rear of the Asus X299 Sage to the CPU socket the same as it is in the Asus X299 Deluxe?

Esoteric question...is the distance from the rear of the Asus X299 Sage to the CPU socket the same as it is in the Asus X299 Deluxe?

Very esoteric question indeed.. Can you show a drawing to show to which distance you are exactly referring? Anyway the Sage is E-ATX, which also requires a different housing in my case. Thus for me, the change from the Deluxe to the Sage is non-trivial and requires a complete system rebuild.

Exciting! I might do this as well, but with a i9-9960X, the 10G version has a much better VRM heatsink layout which shouldn't be a problem with the latest i9s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back