Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem for me on my Prime x299 Deluxe build since the last update Intel ME and Windows : I do not see connected devices in deasy chain as before on Thunderbolt app screen even if the devices appear in the explorer.

I tried to install the drivers directly on peripheral managment under peripheral system section but without success.

I did spend a lot of time to try to resolve this problem past week-end : also tried two different W10 installtions one on a ssd and one on a NVMe but same issue.

On IOReg on NH01 the thunderbold is no more implemented but on NH02 the XHC5 section is implemented and the devices : my display screen and USB drive appear.

I would be nice if we could manage the Thunderbold installation without Windows...

I don't know what all this is about.. The TTR does not need any additional windows installation. And on my ASUS Prime x299 Deluxe, even with 1704 everything works as previously implemented with both macOS 10.14.3 SU and 10.14.4 public beta.

I am now working on adding the Alpine Ridge card to my system. I have installed windows and installed the Alpine ridge driver but it does not appear to be working.
I have added it in Slot-5 because I have previously set the Declink card to slot-4 @kpg suggests slot 4 but he has a different MB not sure how much that matters.
Unfortunately, Windows 10 does not seem to find I have installed the driver as shown belowView attachment 390916
I did not install the BMD 8K card driver yet so that is probably the Multimedia video controller. Properties says it is in slot 4 which is it. Other devices Network controller says it slot 6 but the Alpine ridge is in slot-5 and nothing is in slot-6. Not sure what card this is referring to.

View attachment 390919View attachment 390920
I so appreciate your help with the .AML patches but I think I need to go back and figure out how to create these or edit them to account for changing the position of the cards in the system.

I need to study this : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255082/

but I have much to learn before I can even attempt to make my own .AML . Should I move the Apine ridge to slot-4 & the decklink to slot-5?

I believe the Thunderbolt card on the sage will only work in Slot 2. At least that is the only slot supported in the manual so move it there. I have mine in Slot 2 and so far so good. Also, the Titan Ridge card is a better option if you still have the chance to return your Alpine Ridge. Make sure to have the Thunderbolt BIOS settings as @kgp mentioned in the guide and security level should be set to sl-0. Once it’s working in Windows, we can work on new SSDTs for the Mac side. :)

Your board has several PCIe, the grey coloured ones are the main X16 PCIe -where you should place your TB card and try how it works-, If you try with a GFX card, for instance, and you place it on a black coloured PCIe, you'll see how the bus speed drops to X8.

So you'll need to adopt SSDT to your selected PCIe or just run with where @kgp SSDT PCIe locaiton.

Do remove drivers as picture shown in post, turn off the computer, remove TB card, boot back in WS, turn off, place the card back in and boot to WS again. Try and install drivers then and check.

There is something unusual which I have tested with over 10+ Titan Ridge, Alpine Ridge and Asus ThunderboltEX 3 cards, @kgp might disagree with me, but thats just what I have found.

If you open the thunderbolt utility under Windows 10 while you have the card installed, and connect a TB device, the utility will show the device, if you select the device, a box appears under which gives you some limited information about the device, well, there is a button, marked in blue, which will let you open a dialog where you can select when the system will connect to your device. everything ok till here.

Apparently some cards are build differently than others, I'm still trying to figure out what makes them tick. The cards that have TB Hot Plug functionality ARE MISSING THE ABOVE STATED blue selectable text button! I have achieved HP on Asus ThunderboltEX 3 cards with header connected to MB, only on very little few, same goes for TR and AR..

I have even desoldered the windbond chip from a working EX3 card and soldered onto a non working EX3 card with no luck, so my tests tell me that some cards simply work, some simply wont ever due to some manufacturing processes that differentiate them, chips, coils, chips.. Who knows

I wrote to Gigabyte about the problem -did so too to Asus, but never received an answer-, and their answer was that Titan Ridge is not compatible with X299... Ridiculous... -I'm still in talks with them-

I would focus on the GC-TTR for now, which works on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe including TB and USB-C HotPlug always provided that one uses SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml. Only flaw on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe: problems on wake with TB devices connected. No issues when disconnecting TB devices before sleep or during sleep/wake with USB-C devices connected. Apparently, the TTR sleep/wake issue with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe is removed when using the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G where TB works flawless including TB/USB-C HotPlug and sleep/wake.

However, as already discussed before, any Hackintosh TB impementation we reached so far lacks the local TB node and TB bus driver implementations. Thus, some TB devices requiring the latter might not work at all or only with certain restrictions.

I would focus on the GC-TTR for now, which works on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe including TB and USB-C HotPlug always provided that one uses SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml. Only flaw on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe: problems on wake with TB devices connected. No issues when disconnecting TB devices before sleep or during sleep/wake with USB-C devices connected. Apparently, the TTR sleep/wake issue with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe is removed when using the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G where TB works flawless including TB/USB-C HotPlug and sleep/wake.

You say with SAGE everything works.. I have two setups with that board but I haven't tried TB card on it since I don't need it, I'm on a local network, thus the two 10G come real handy!
However, as already discussed before, any Hackintosh TB implementation we reached so far lacks the local TB node and TB bus driver implementations. Thus, some TB devices requiring the latter might not work at all or only with certain restrictions.
Like you said, I'll keep looking into that pain of a thing. Good evening.

Reactions: kgp
You say with SAGE everything works.. I have two setups with that board but I haven't tried TB card on it since I don't need it, I'm on a local network, thus the two 10G come real handy!

Like you said, I'll keep looking into that pain of a thing. Good evening.

Well when trying to fully implement the entire TB-SSDT dumps of a real iMacPro or MacBook Pro 2018 to also likely achieve a proper local TB node and TB Bus driver implementation, we reached the conclusion that the latter might be only possible based on the EPROM implementation on a real iMacPro (Alpine Ridge) or MacBook Pro 2018 (Titan Ridge) and some subsequent implementation of the respective information in Clover, if possible at all.

Anyway, good luck for your endeavours, wherever you reach..

I believe the Thunderbolt card on the sage will only work in Slot 2. At least that is the only slot supported in the manual so move it there. I have mine in Slot 2 and so far so good. Also, the Titan Ridge card is a better option if you still have the chance to return your Alpine Ridge. Make sure to have the Thunderbolt BIOS settings as @kgp mentioned in the guide and security level should be set to sl-0. Once it’s working in Windows, we can work on new SSDTs for the Mac side. :)

I assume that you meant slot 3? The odd numbered slots are all Grey slots with 16X. I will try it there.
VEGA 64 takes up slots 1&2.

I assume that you meant slot 3? The odd numbered slots are all Grey slots with 16X. I will try it there.
VEGA 64 takes up slots 1&2. View attachment 391021

Nope slot-2, check 3.6.12 section of the manual. Kinda sucks but I have my gpu in slot 1 on a riser card until I watercool and make it a single slot card. Also the thunderbolt header is right below slot 2

Nope slot-2, check 3.6.12 section of the manual. Kinda sucks but I have my gpu in slot 1 on a riser card until I watercool and make it a single slot card. Also the thunderbolt header is right below slot 2
OKAY will the GPU work in Slot 3? I have always heard that you need GPU in Slot One. I have a test with this system today so no Thunderbolt for now.

OKAY will the GPU work in slot 3? I have always heard that you need GPU in slot one. I have a test with this system today so no thunderbolt for now.

I would think you can do it with slot 3 but I haven’t tested it but one way to find out :lol: One downside with how the lanes are allocated is if you have something in slot 2 it automatically becomes 16x/8x/8x/8x/8x/8x/8x. I would mess with mine but it’s a pain to take apart my case and move stuff around.

Or I wonder if your gpu will still be x16 If thunderbolt in slot 2, gpu in slot 3, and your other two cards in 5 and 7

I would mess with mine but it’s a pain to take apart my case and move stuff around.
Or I wonder if your gpu will still be x16 If thunderbolt in slot 2, gpu in slot 3, and your other two cards in 5 and 7
I will mess with that here later in the week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back