Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why you're being defensive as if you've discovered the nuclear bomb? :lol:

The bigger our list from users who confirm parts working, the better for the community. :beachball:

Anyway, it would be nice if someone figured out how to use the onboard 5G NIC on the Prime Deluxe II. Aquantia AQC111C 5G LAN so anyone getting these kinds of motherboards, don't have to buy a 10G NIC cards and have a "cleaner" system.

Defensive? How in the world would you manage to interpret my response as defensive? And, if you've read any of my posts on this thread or others you would see that I'm all for lots of choices for folks using 10G.....it's great that there are now more than just a handful of 10G cards folks can choose from.

I think any card that is natively supported is terrific. And more of them is even better.

2.) This Tutorial explains in all necessary detail how to download an actual Windows 10 Creator distribution, and how tosubsequently create a bootable USB Flash Drive Installer for a subsequent UEFI Windows 10 installation by means RUFUS! Don't put emphasis on alternative optional methods and always take care that you just follow the instructions for a successful subsequent UEFI Windows Installation!

First of all let me say how deeply I’m grateful for all the help here.

I assume this means I need to do this on a working Windows machine. I’m just curious if there is a way to do this entirely on the Mac.

I'm not sure why you're being defensive as if you've discovered the nuclear bomb? :lol:

The bigger our list from users who confirm parts working, the better for the community. :beachball:

Anyway, it would be nice if someone figured out how to use the onboard 5G NIC on the Prime Deluxe II. Aquantia AQC111C 5G LAN so anyone getting these kinds of motherboards, don't have to buy a 10G NIC cards and have a "cleaner" system.

A cleaner system? I would not know anybody using a 5G NIC within a 10GB Network. A sincere slip of ASUS in the design of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, despite the fact that its onboard Aquantia 5G NIC up to now is anyway useless under macOS (as the respective Aquantia chipset is neither AQC107 nor implemented on any Apple device) such as it's WIFI onboard controllers (although the latter are also not compatible with macOS in case of all other X299 motherboards, which however have a sufficient amount of PCIe extension slots to compensate this slip). They apparently also messed up so far with the TTR TB and USB-C firmware implementation for macOS and finally the missing THB_C connector and just 3x PCIe 16x slots on a 500$ motherboard are enough reason to discourage all people from buying such hardware, which obviously has been designed and configured for its use under Windows only. :rolleyes:

For Hackintosh systems and macOS, the combination of the ASUS WS X299 Sage or the ASUS WS X299 Sage 2x 10G and the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe adapter works absolutely flawless and is therefore definitely by far the cleaner, better and overall not much more expensive solution or choice. And last but not least, 7x PCIe 16x slots also leave plenty of space and freedom for future PCIe hardware extensions in line with the onboard THB_C connector.

Before opting for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, I would even go for the ASUS Prime X299-A (299$) + a 10GB PCIe Aquantia NIC (99$) + the GC-Titan Ridge adapter (99$) and would end up with the same expenses but a fully working system though, if he/she requires or uses the 10GB NIC and TB implementation at all. By employing the EK mono-block for water blocking both CPU and VRMs, the else badly designed VRM heat sink is simply removed anyway.

In any case, not the first time that I am expressing here my respective personal opinions on this matter and everybody is anyway free to take his/her own choice and decisions. :thumbup:

Last edited:
A cleaner system? I would not know anybody using a 5G NIC within a 10GB Network. A sincere slip of ASUS in the design of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, despite the fact that its onboard Aquantia 5G NIC up to now is anyway useless under macOS (as the respective Aquantia chipset is neither AQC107 nor implemented on any Apple device) such as it's WIFI onboard controllers (although the latter are also not compatible with macOS in case of all other X299 motherboards, which however have a sufficient amount of PCIe extension slots to compensate this slip). They apparently also messed up so far with the TTR TB and USB-C firmware implementation for macOS and finally the missing THB_C connector and just 3x PCIe 16x slots on a 500$ motherboard are enough reason to discourage all people from buying such hardware, which obviously has been designed and configured for its use under Windows only. :rolleyes:

For Hackintosh systems and macOS, the combination of the ASUS WS X299 Sage or the ASUS WS X299 Sage 2x 10G and the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe adapter works absolutely flawless and is therefore definitely by far the cleaner, better and overall not much more expensive solution or choice. And last but not least, 7x PCIe 16x slots also leave plenty of space and freedom for future PCIe hardware extensions in line with the onboard THB_C connector.

Before opting for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, I would even go for the ASUS Prime X299-A (299$) + a 10GB PCIe Aquantia NIC (99$) + the GC-Titan Ridge adapter (99$) and would end up with the same expenses but a fully working system though, if he/she requires or uses the 10GB NIC and TB implementation at all. By employing the EK mono-block for water blocking both CPU and VRMs, the else badly designed VRM heat sink is simply removed anyway.

In any case, not the first time that I am expressing here my respective personal opinions on this matter and everybody is anyway free to take his/her own choice and decisions. :thumbup:

Well me personally I wouldn’t mind 5Gb onboard instead of adding a new NIC. Anyway, there’s no way you’re going to saturate 1GB/sec, unless you have a 6-8 bay RAID0 NAS (that would be a terrible idea) or an SSD based NAS/transfers.

I have a synology 6bay NAS RAID5, Which is just enough to saturate 5Gb. Personal preference of course.

I like not using too many PCIe cards, this is why I spent so much time trying to make onboard Wifi/BT mods work, but they never did well so I gave up. I'm very picky when it comes to this stuff, so I may say I am a little sick :mrgreen:

But yeah asus makes dumb mistakes. I don’t think they care about X299 that much anyway. All the good boards are made for Z390.

But anyway I love this board. It’s very stable and my system freezes for adobe software are almost gone (I would blame gigabyte for my previous issues)

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Any rich people want to give these two a try? :lol:

Would be the ultimate Mac. Ever. (Add 2x Radeon VII when its supported) and a full watercooling setup.
With the highest power bills. :lol:

AND it still comes out cheaper than a highest end iMac Pro.

Any rich people want to give these two a try? :lol:

Would be the ultimate Mac. Ever. (Add 2x Radeon VII when its supported) and a full watercooling setup.
With the highest power bills. :lol:

AND it still comes out cheaper than a highest end iMac Pro.

Let's better wait for the cascade lakes (CLX-APs) coming up the next months, which likely will be also part of the Mac Pro 2019.. ;)

At first place we should now try to get the VII working with our systems. :p

Last edited:
Let's better wait for the cascade lakes (CLX-APs) coming up the next months, which likely will be also part of the Mac Pro 2019.. ;)

View attachment 390670

At first place we should now try to get the VII working with our systems. :p

I know, just hyperbole! :D

VII is coming, just hang tight. Apple is going to have a good year for Macs in 2019.

@izo1: Hi, meanwhile i have a very good system. the only problem: itunes does not play any videos - black screen. Lilu, WEG is actually. Bios 0504 without errors.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24 KB · Views: 116
@izo1: Hi, meanwhile i have a very good system. the only problem: itunes does not play any videos - black screen. Lilu, WEG is actually. Bios 0504 without errors.

That's weird. iTunes protected content works fine here (as well as Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc). Do you have the latest WG and Lilu? Latest WG (last few versions) has Shiki included.

Also what kind of monitor and monitor connection are you using? Without HDCP, the windows will be black. Are you at least getting audio? Can you try content from Netflix or Amazon Prime? (Both have copy protection).

(iTunes doesn't allow screenshots on protected videos, so here's a photo)

Your config looks fine, but you might want to try disabling these and seeing if protected content plays back.

Also please post your EFI folder if you can. Not sure what kexts or SSDTs you're using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back