Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a R6E with a AQC107 10-GBit Ethernet built in,can't work follow the guide。

If you’re trying to get the 10GB port working, you’ll need to install 10.13.3 first then you can upgrade to Mojave. Follow part E.8.2.1 of the guide

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I am following the guide on page 1 the best I can (frankly, some of it is beyond my understanding). But I am using the latest EFI.zip and clover release. The UEFI settings on the 1st page did allow me to get the USB drive to be recognized and brought to the boot selector, however, I can't troubleshoot further because I'm over my head I fear.

Don’t use latest Clover. Use the zip provided on page one. It’s all easy.

hey @kgp or @robifis (noticed you have the same Board as i do),

so I followed your guide as best as I could.
As you might see in my info, I have a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming.
More or less the system works quite well. I have a score of nearly 43k on Geekbench 4 and 2300 on Cinebench. But I sadly run into several Issues when it comes to Sleep or Power Management.

1. Speed Stepping:
I found the CPU-S tool which is supposed to be able to show you the speed steeps your CPU is supporting.
But it always shows me different information (if I start it 3 times in a row, I get 3 different results)
Most of the time it shows me the steppings
sometimes it also shows 900

2. Sleep is not working
The System is shutting down, (takes around 1 minute) and then when I push the mouse to wake it up, everything stays black. after rebooting, the system says I had a KP.

3. to many CPU Cores? (more or less a question)
I have an i9 7900x in my system, which has 10 cores and 20 Threads. but when i check my ioreg, i see 56 entries. going from CP00 to CP37 based on the information of IO Reg, my cores are assigned to CP00 - CP09 and CP10 - CP19.
I renamed them via the clover config to PRxx

One problem I had with this, was when I used SSDTPrGen. SSDTPrGen used the cores PR00-PR09 (as defined by me)
then it took CP0A-CP0F (not used ones?) and then for the rest of the missing cores it used again PR10-PR13.
I modified this manually to fit to my setup which is PR00-PR09 and PR10-PR19.
I first tought this is a mistake by macosx, but the ACPI tables which i extracted from the Bios by pushing F4 (they are in the EFI, you can check them if it helps) have all these entries of Cores. No Clue why

I hope you can help me with my issues

The Details You Requested:
Hardware Specs:
CPU: i9 7900x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Rev1.0
GPU: Gigabyte RX580
RAM: 96GB Vengeance + 16GB GSkill
HDD/SSDS: 1x 2TB Samsung 970 Nvme
1x 1TB Samsung 860 SSD
1x 2TB Samsung HDD
1x 2TB Western Digital HDD
1x Blu-ray drive
1x Bluetooth/Wifi Card (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21)
1x Elgato HD60
Tower: Be Quiet Pure Base 900 Rev2 Orange
Custom Stuff: Custom Watercooling system

As an attachment, i have added the following files:
  • a modified version of my EFI Folder (removed the SM BIOS IDs)
  • a report of ioreg
  • screenshot of my system report PCI
  • BIOS Screenshots

Attachments

• EFII.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 75
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-25 um 21.58.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-25 um 21.58.19.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • ioreg.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 69
  • BiosPictures.zip
    39.2 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Hmm BIOS settings look fine. Can you try uninstalling the smalltree kext from /Library/Extensions and repairing permissions

This worked! Thanks so much for all your help.
My cards are now

SLOT 1&2 Shaphire Vega 64
SLOT 3 OSX wifi card
SLOT 4 Black magic 8 K card

I just removed the small tree dual card that I no longer need.

I replied today! Thanks my 10 G onboard is now working. I am now working on audio.
I have the AppleALC.kext and have added the following to the DSDT in Clover.
Comment: Find*[Hex] Replace [Hex]
CAVS -> HDEF 43415653 48444546

I am getting audio in on the blue connector and output on the lime colored connector with my headphone.
I was able to record a track in Audacity. But in other apps I’m not getting any audio.

Last edited:
I replied today! Thanks my 10 G onboard is now working. I am now working on audio.
I have the AppleALC.kext and have added the following to the DSDT in Clover.
Comment: Find*[Hex] Replace [Hex]
CAVS -> HDEF 43415653 48444546

I am getting audio in and output on the lime colored connector with my headphone.
I was able to record a track in Audacity. But in other apps.

Awesome! Glad you got everything working ! I didn’t add the cavs to hdef to clover since I have a SSDT for that. I will update this post with ssdts for the sage 10G.

hey @kgp or @robifis (noticed you have the same Board as i do),

so I followed your guide as best as I could.
As you might see in my info, I have a Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming.
More or less the system works quite well. I have a score of nearly 43k on Geekbench 4 and 2300 on Cinebench. But I sadly run into several Issues when it comes to Sleep or Power Management.

1. Speed Stepping:
I found the CPU-S tool which is supposed to be able to show you the speed steeps your CPU is supporting.
But it always shows me different information (if I start it 3 times in a row, I get 3 different results)
Most of the time it shows me the steppings
sometimes it also shows 900

2. Sleep is not working
The System is shutting down, (takes around 1 minute) and then when I push the mouse to wake it up, everything stays black. after rebooting, the system says I had a KP.

3. to many CPU Cores? (more or less a question)
I have an i9 7900x in my system, which has 10 cores and 20 Threads. but when i check my ioreg, i see 56 entries. going from CP00 to CP37 based on the information of IO Reg, my cores are assigned to CP00 - CP09 and CP10 - CP19.
I renamed them via the clover config to PRxx

One problem I had with this, was when I used SSDTPrGen. SSDTPrGen used the cores PR00-PR09 (as defined by me)
then it took CP0A-CP0F (not used ones?) and then for the rest of the missing cores it used again PR10-PR13.
I modified this manually to fit to my setup which is PR00-PR09 and PR10-PR19.
I first tought this is a mistake by macosx, but the ACPI tables which i extracted from the Bios by pushing F4 (they are in the EFI, you can check them if it helps) have all these entries of Cores. No Clue why

I hope you can help me with my issues

The Details You Requested:
Hardware Specs:
CPU: i9 7900x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Rev1.0
GPU: Gigabyte RX580
RAM: 96GB Vengeance + 16GB GSkill
HDD/SSDS: 1x 2TB Samsung 970 Nvme
1x 1TB Samsung 860 SSD
1x 2TB Samsung HDD
1x 2TB Western Digital HDD
1x Blu-ray drive
1x Bluetooth/Wifi Card (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21)
1x Elgato HD60
Tower: Be Quiet Pure Base 900 Rev2 Orange
Custom Stuff: Custom Watercooling system

As an attachment, i have added the following files:
  • a modified version of my EFI Folder (removed the SM BIOS IDs)
  • a report of ioreg
  • screenshot of my system report PCI
  • BIOS Screenshots
Hi @Tepoo

I will look into the files in detail a bit later today. A few things I have seen with a quick look:
What do you want to achieve with SSDT-1 (coming from SSDTPRGen)?
CPU power management / Speedstepping is natively supported on X299 Boards and there for you should not need SSDT-1. Please have a look on E.1 in the guide.

You have the USB port limit patches active and did not do the XHC USB kext. This might be already one source for the sleep wake issues. Please have a look on E.4 in the guide.

I hope this helps already, more to come later
All the Best
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back