Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you set up your system following the guide on page 1? It’s very clear and straight forward.

I realized there’s about 30 pages of you having trouble with this setup. It really must be at fault on your end imo.

Edit: glad you fixed the issue.

This is my 10th install on a 4th system using this guide but customizing to my own liking and it’s very easy once you understand how vanilla setups work.

For my side it is just a graphic problem with my rig , for the setup according to the guide no problem. ;)

You are man
I love you ummmaaa
Its worked now.
I apply your latest patched.
I update ioreg after wakeup.

You should simply leave the core scope patch disabled, as originally implement in my default EFI-Folder configuration, and you would not have any need for any update of the latter patch in any case.

As you are resistant to any advise and you never directly implemented what I provided within hard work in particular for your system, I can only once more encourage not to use any XCPM kernel patches for Syklake-X also on your system! Skylake-X is fully natively implemented by OSX, always provided that the MSR register is unlocked by factory default or has been subsequently manually unlocked within the BIOS settings, which can be actually achieved for all X299 motherboards!

Please, @nmano et al., no further posts to your supposed sleep/wake issue here! My entire Sunday is already totally spoiled after being once more forced to write other dozens of unnecessary justifications.

I am off,

KGP

Did you set up your system following the guide on page 1? It’s very clear and straight forward.

I realized there’s about 30 pages of you having trouble with this setup. It really must be at fault on your end imo.

Edit: glad you fixed the issue.

This is my 10th install on a 4th system using this guide but customizing to my own liking and it’s very easy once you understand how vanilla setups work.

I even created a fully configured EFI-Folder particularly for his system including subsequent iterations and discussion, which he apparently never applied though without further modifications on his side. Read the last 300 posts.

And now please, guys... no further comments on this issue. Please !!!!! let's stop at this place. Otherwise I am forced to ask the moderation to totally freeze all my threads on TM for further postings. I will anyway not provide further additional support to my guides here for now like before, but at least I am still thinking on keeping my respective guides, as wells as EFI-folder, XHC USB kext and SSDT distributions up-to date and also on occasionally posting respective modifications or innovations from my side if available.

A pleasant Sunday to all of you,

KGP

Last edited:
Updated X299 10.14.3 and 10.14.4 EFI-Folder distributions

Note just modified X299 10.14.3 and 10.14.4 EFI-Folder distributions EFI-X299-10.14.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-250119.zip and EFI-X299-10.14.4-Beta1-Release-iMacPro1,1-250119.zip which account for a bug in the XCPM core scope kernel patch, as kindly advised by user @Ellybz.

By error, the formerly implemented XCPM core scope kernel patch although anyway disabled by default (as for all X299 motherboards the MSR register can now be fully enabled for kernel write and this one and only remaining disabled XCPM kernel patch in my EFI-Folder distributions is not required at all) was still the one for 10.13, while the proper XCPM core scope kernel patch for 10.14 properly reads:

xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha
Find: 31D2E891 FCFFFF
Replace: 31D29090 909090

In all my X99 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions, I however properly implemented the correct core scope kernel patch for 10.14 from the very beginning and the correct 10.14 xcpm core scope patch was also always properly outlined in my respective guidelines

View attachment 389289

thus there is absolutely no need for any posthum correction in this case . The 10.13 core scope patch bug in my recent X299 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions apparently has just been introduced accidentally in one of my former X299 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions and thus also all subsequent X299 10.14 EFI-Folder distributions continued using the wrong patch up to know.

I therefor regret for any related inconvenience by this unwanted error, likely affecting all users not being able to properly read my guidelines and still working with a locked MSR register or who enabled the erroneous XCPM core scope kernel patch for no reason.

View attachment 389287

Thanks : nice : all is OK with the latest EFI folder and with the patch: sleep / wakeup like a charme !

( I think that the issue with my returned EVGA X299 may be solved with this patch )

Last edited:
Thanks : nice : all is OK with the latest EFI folder and with the patch: sleep / wakeup like a charme !

If you and other GA users suddenly need that patch, please write to GA and ask them to revise their current MSR register implementation on X299 motherboards or just live with the correct core scope patch enabled. I definitely do not need the core scope patch on my ASUS X299 Deluxe for more than one year, after manually unlocking the MSR lock in my BIOS settings. And I did not use the patch either before, when still patching the older ASUS X299 Deluxe firmware with the patches of @interferenc to unlock the MSR register. And even you repetitively confirmed before along my threads that your system was fully working, including sleep/wake and even with TB adapters.

Everything always worked flawless without the core scope patch including sleep/wake even on all X99 systems with unlocked MSR register!

That the latter now suddenly would be needed for GA X299 motherboards, which so far also always came with an unlocked MSR register by factory default is totally new to me and also likely for all others in the community. We are talking here about something that was settled for years, and implemented such also in my guidelines. Anyway please consider, that everything additionally outlined in my guidelines for systems different from my own, has been introduced and confirmed exclusively based on user feedback and user contributions I received over the years. I do not have related budget, hardware or time to verify all different X299 system implementations by myself.

Good luck,

KGP

I really would appreciate if I could use now this Sunday for something else.

Last edited:
@ kgp: what are your thoughts on the newly updated Asus Prime X299 Deluxe bios (version 1704) firmware?
Some other posts have mentioned issues with it, but possibly related to not clearing the CMOS, or?
Thanks.

@kgp I think there is a misunderstanding and I apologize :

Last year in February with my first approach with GA x299 build I did always enable the xcpm_core_scope_msrs patch on my config.plist and I used it from 10.13.2 to 10.14.1 and never change.

For me and after running voltage_shift my msr registrer was locked even with latest bios F6d.

And effectively after I did installed Mojave 10.14.1 , even if with these settings I was able to boot the installer or my system I had issue with sleep.

But I decieded to let my system always on just the display screen automaticaly turned off.

With my returned EVGA X299 mainboard I was always unable to boot such Mojave installer or system...

A few weeks ago I decided to make some evolution on my GA x299 build after I managed the complete installation on my Asus Prime x299 Deluxe.

So I wanted to resolve this sleep/wake issue I never encountered in High Sierra , and faulty I made amalgam when

I thought I was right on Mojave...

The problem you found it :

So the great point and evolution this Sunday is the new xcpm_core_scope_msrs patch for 10.14 which allows to achieve my build for now !

Big progress thanks !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-02-24 à 16.32.21.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-02-24 à 16.32.21.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Well, I've got nothing but praise for @kgp for this guide, as well as the preceding ones. My build celebrates is 1 year birthday today--OK, I know there's still one cable not sleeved. Average uptime is around 21 days between reboots, longest was 40 days. Maybe this will brighten your Sunday, one scientist to another, @kgp

Reactions: kgp
I also want to say thank you to @kgp for the amount of dedication and time to make these guides and your continuous support. The guides are definitely initimidating at first but once it’s up and running I haven’t had any issues. Now I just need to get into watercooling it :lol:

So thank you kgp!

From my side I must also thank you for the guides @kgp. I am a medical data scientist working on deep learning applications in medical imaging and your guide has been a tremendous help to my research.
To everyone else, there is a limit to how much a single person can endure and -as a medical professional- I must ask everyone to chill out with the constant bombardment with what are essentially issues which in most cases can be solved by thoroughly reading the guides. Alas, thoroughly doing anything, especially reading, is a skill many have nowadays apparently unlearned.
Good night to all,
Sami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back