Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @kgp
I update IOReg.
see you tomorrow:)
Something to be aware is that every time you remove a PCIe card from your GA Mobo , the implementation of the other existing SSDTs can change. For exmple ,on my system by removing the Firewire card, the implementation of my RX580 change from SB.PC02.BR2C.SL07 to SB.PC02.BR2A.SL05 !!! I updated the SSDTs upon these changes.
Verify that this is not happening with yours !!! GFX0 and HDAU implementation may have changed upon removal of Firewire /USB/Wifi cards. ( Most Likely ;) )

Last edited:
Something to be aware is that every time you remove a PCIe card from your GA Mobo , the implementation of the other existing SSDTs can change. For exmple ,on my system by removing the Firewire card, the implementation of my RX580 change from SB.PC02.BR2C.SL07 to SB.PC02.BR2A.SL05 !!! I updated the SSDTs upon these changes.
Verify that this is not happening with yours !!! GFX0 and HDAU implementation may have changed upon removal of Firewire /USB/Wifi cards. ( Most Likely ;) )

If you carefully investigate post #2,071 you will see that ACPI path and ACPI replacements for GFX0 and HDAU did not change at all after removing the ARPT adapter. It rather looks like that within some hurry he removed entire SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml or committed some error in removing the ARPT implementation from SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml. Thus, at present SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml is either non-existent at all or fails to load on boot because of some introduced error when removing the ARPT implementation.

So far, when removing firewire, additional USB adapter or BT/WIFI adapter, not any patch of all other devices changed, which would also be totally enological and would violate all underlying basics and principles. A path for a hardware device would only change in case one would switch the device from one PCIe slot to another.

If you carefully investigate post #2,071 you will see that ACPI path and ACPI replacements for GFX0 and HDAU did not change at all after removing the ARPT adapter. It rather looks like that within some hurry he removed entire SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml or committed some error in removing the ARPT implementation from SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml. Thus, at present SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml is either non-existent at all or fails to load on boot because of some introduced error when removing the ARPT implementation.

So far, when removing firewire, additional USB adapter or BT/WIFI adapter, not any patch of all other devices changed, which would also be totally enological and would violate all underlying basics and principles. A path for a hardware device would only change in case one would switch the device from one PCIe slot to another.

@kgp I'm not gonna reinstate again how grateful I am for the contribution you gave to this community. Pretty sure I expressed it many times. This being said, challenging you is not always easy. Even if what you write is incorrect.
I have no doubt that your quick responses intimidate many people and block them from bringing valuable informations to us. You ll understand why I'm saying this in a minute...

As a response to your last post, I can only state what I experienced for myself. Few months ago, when I was still a young Padawan :lol:, I did not know anything about SSDTs. Looking at mi IOReg , you thought I had changed my GPU PCIe slot which was never the case. ( Threads are below ) Only the Firewire card removal created the changes in IOReg. Thankfully some people evolve so I find out on my own what was the issue with sleep, ( and the changes in IoReg ) after many hours of study & debugging. It was neither GPU, USB Kext, SSDT or Bios related. Ever more, the solution for wake after sleep, was the complete opposite of something you stated in your guide and reaffirmed many times in last past months in several threads. I know you don't like to be challenged, that's why I'm waiting for all your tests and SSDTs with @nmano to be over ( they are essential to debugging his issue) before I'll bring a solution that I believe will work for him as it did for me.
I do not agree with your ways of diminishing the work of others, I do not find it constructive or emotionally intelligent. Only my opinion.
Good day to you.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to enable NightShift on a 38" LG Display (or another LG display?)

For some reason I remember this used to work before...Maybe in High Sierra.

On another news, Apple has added RX560 to their compatibility list. Official Radeon VII support might be coming soon!

Hello everyone. I am a total noob. I am stuck at gIOScreenLockState 3. This is after an unfortunate event where I booted the system after reseating the wi-wi card. Upon the next boot the bios said that defaults have been loaded. :( It had been running quite stable for about 2 weeks however without Bluetooth or the onboard 10G ports so I still had some work to do. Now after reflashing the BIOS with the latest firmware 0905, I am unable to adjust AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset in the bios. The only option is AUTO. (no dropdown) but the guide says:
b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"
I had set these correctly in the bios before my successful boot.

Could this contribute to the KP after gIOScreenLockState 3?

Attached is my EFI folder.

Thanks in advance for any help you may have for me.

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    34.5 MB · Views: 167

Here is the image of where my boot in hanging up. After this the screen goes black and the fans slow down.

Attachments

• IMG_9902.PNG
    IMG_9902.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
Hello everyone. I am a total noob. I am stuck at gIOScreenLockState 3. This is after an unfortunate event where I booted the system after reseating the wi-wi card. Upon the next boot the bios said that defaults have been loaded. :( It had been running quite stable for about 2 weeks however without Bluetooth or the onboard 10G ports so I still had some work to do. Now after reflashing the BIOS with the latest firmware 0905, I am unable to adjust AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset in the bios. The only option is AUTO. (no dropdown) but the guide says:
b.) AVX Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "3"
c.) AVX-512 Instruction Core Ratio Negative Offset: "2"
I had set these correctly in the bios before my successful boot.

Could this contribute to the KP after gIOScreenLockState 3?

Attached is my EFI folder.

Hmm have you tried clearing the CMOS and resetting the BIOS settings like the guide? I'm on BIOS 0905 and haven't had any issues. Also those two fields aren't dropdowns, you should be able to just manually enter in the values. You can also disable the port limit patches and the aquantia patches in your config.plist since my usb kext already implements all the ports and the sage/10g doesnt have aquantia. To get 10g working you can either flash it using ubuntu or using FakePCIID kexts and the smalltree kext. I haven't flashed mine yet but the fakepciid approach has been working for me.

Thanks for your help. And I appreciate your USB Kext. Thank you. I reset the cmos and reset the bios today I followed every step of the guide but when I got to the fields in question I was not able to change them. I can post video tomorrow. I will disable those patches. Do you have a link to the smalltree kext?

Thanks for your help. And I appreciate your USB Kext. Thank you. I reset the cmos and reset the bios today I followed every step of the guide but when I got to the fields in question I was not able to change them. I can post video tomorrow. I will disable those patches. Do you have a link to the smalltree kext?

That's really odd. Hopefully your bios isn't corrupt. Using BIOS flashback with an older version and reflashing to a newer one doesn't help? I've attached the 10g drivers and there's also a text file on where to put the files. Once you get your system working again if you can provide a copy of your ioreg I can help with the SSDT implementation.
Also I didn't really check in detail but I assumed you used the i9-7940X CPxx->PRxx code snippet instead of the 7980XE correct?

Edit: uploaded an updated EFI folder with the 7940 code snippet and your SMBIOS serial num, etc. that should work once you have the bios settings fixed.

Attachments

• Intel X550-AT2 Drivers.zip
    117.9 KB · Views: 82
  • EFI.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back