Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sorry if this is a really basic question but I'm looking into buying the components to do this X299 build. I was just wondering if I have to stick to the 7900x series (specifically 7920x) or can I go with the 9920x and follow the guide? Thanks!

Up to you! If you are willing to delid any i9-79xx by loosing warranty, it will be superior to any soldered i9-99xx or i9-98xx processor. If you do not want to delid any i9-79xx go for a soldered i9-99xx, i9-98xx processor instead.

Also note, that the appropriate function of all i9-79xx with any X299 motherboard BIOS firmware has been assured and confirmed for more than one year, while not all i9-99xx, i9-98xx processors seem to be properly supported by some of the so far available BIOS firmware microcode implementations. It is not a question if the guide does support i9-99xx, i9-98xx processors. It certainly does! The question rather is, if all i9-99xx, i9-98xx processors are properly supported by the actual motherboard BIOS firmware implementation, and apparently partly they aren't yet.

Up to you! If you are willing to delid any i9-79xx by loosing warranty, it will be superior to any soldered i9-99xx or i9-98xx processor. If you do not want to delid any i9-79xx go for a soldered i9-99xx, i9-98xx processor instead.

Also note, that the appropriate function of all i9-79xx with any X299 motherboard BIOS firmware has been assured and confirmed for more than one year, while not all i9-99xx, i9-98xx processors seem to be properly supported by some of the so far available BIOS firmware microcode implementations. It is not a question if the guide does support i9-99xx, i9-98xx processors. It certainly does! The question rather is, if all i9-99xx, i9-98xx processors are properly supported by the actual motherboard BIOS firmware implementation, and apparently partly they aren't yet.

Thank you so much kgp. I don't think I'm confident to delid a processor so I'll do a little more reading about the 9920x and the strix X299-e which is the board I was thinking of. Maybe the performance gain isn't worth it and I'll just go for the 7920x.

Hi @kgp
I just found this link please look my SSDT.
still not work

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT-b.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 58
Hi @kgp
I just found this link please look my SSDT.
still not work

The problem is not your GPU or its SSDT. The SSDT perfectly works for me and all others including sleep/wake! There is nothing one needs to change or improve within the GPU SSDT implementation.

Please remove your BT/WIFI adapter, respective SSDT implementation and kext. We need to find the reason for your sleep/wake issues, the GPU or its SSDT is definitely not the source of your issues.

@nmano, please do what I suggested to do. I am really getting tired in permanently repeating myself. This way it is impossible to proceed or help. And your system is really not the first X299 system I am dealing with.. believe me.. it is just another one out of many already perfectly working with my guidelines.

If you now start again changing and modifying my current configuration in parallel, we are totally lost as we need to talk about the same configuration and same thing at any instance. I really have to stop my support or help in this case, as all efforts basically would turn out to be a waste of time.

Good night,

KGP

Last edited:
The problem is not your GPU or its SSDT. The SSDT perfectly works for me and all others including sleep/wake! There is nothing one needs to change or improve.

Please remove your BT/WIFI adapter, respective SSDT implementation and kext. We need to find the reason for your sleep/wake issues, the GPU or its SSDT is definitely not the source of your issues.

@nmano, please do what I suggest to do. I am really getting tired in permanently repeating myself. This way it is impossible to proceed or help. And your system is really not the first X299 system I am dealing with.. believe me.. it is just another one out of many already perfectly working with my guidelines.

Good night,

KGP
Wait I will remove WIFI card.

Reactions: kgp
Wait I will remove WIFI card.

Yes please.. and use original SSDT implementations! We need to ensure that we still talk about identical system configurations.

We can talk tomorrow.

I was the entire day busy here answering avoidable and unnecessary questions and requests of some people asking me to do their work. I have now to dedicate at least some time also to my girlfriend. The current workload in my several threads again starts again to exceed by far my personal capacities and time I am willing to invest for providing additional support to my already existing and well established guidelines. This here should be still some fun and not become an excess of unpaid support that totally occupies my real life.

Thanks for your comprehension and until tomorrow,

KGP

Last edited:
Yes please.. and use original SSDT implementations! We need to ensure that we still talk about identical system configurations.

We can talk tomorrow. I was the entire day busy here answering avoidable and unnecessary questions and requests of people asking me to do their work. I have now to dedicate at least some time also to my girlfriend. The current workload again starts to exceed by far my personal capacities and time I am willing to invest for providing additional support to my guidelines. This here should be some fun and not become an excess of unpaid support that totally occupies my real life.

Thanks for your comprehension and until tomorrow,

KGP
I remove WIFI card &SSDT.

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 58
I remove WIFI card &SSDT.

Yet you did not remove the kext:

And you also removed now the GFX0 and HDAU implementation, something I never asked for.

Please take your time, carefully read my last posts and exactly do what I asked for.

If sleep/wake after everything we did still does not work, revise your BIOS settings. Else there is nothing left that could be done from my side.

Without your additional firewire, USB and BT/WIFI adapters, related kexts and remaining SSDT configurations, you have now exactly the basic system configuration that works for all of us, including sleep/wake.

I also asked you already several times to exactly explain the remaining sleep/wake issue you face on your system. Unfortunately, half of my questions get lost on their way, as you permanently perform own intents in parallel instead of properly and fully answering my question, or following my respective advices. ;)

See you tomorrow.. I am off for today..

Yet you did not remove the kext:

View attachment 388797

And you also removed now the GFX0 and HDAU implementation, something I never asked for.

View attachment 388798

Please take your time, carefully read my last posts and exactly do what I asked for.

If sleep/wake after everything we did still does not work, revise your BIOS settings. Else there is nothing left that could be done from my side.

Without your additional firewire, USB and BT/WIFI adapters, related kexts and remaining SSDT configurations, you have now exactly the basic system configuration that works for all of us, including sleep/wake.

I also asked you already several times to exactly explain the remaining sleep/wake issue you face on your system. Unfortunately, half of my questions get lost on their way, as you permanently perform own intents in parallel instead of properly and fully answering my question, or following my respective advices. ;)

See you tomorrow.. I am off for today..
Thanks @kgp
I update IOReg.
see you tomorrow:)

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 52
Well all appears to be allright with the new bios version 1704. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back