Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, all 6 ports are DP, no HDMI.
So Kamerang (3x DP, 1x HDMI) is the wrong framebuffer.
I tried with Wenamu (6x DP), the only one I found, which shows up properly in IOreg. But then I got hotplug issues.

Actually there is no problem with WEG and my SSDT.
I was just wondering if anybody out there has a smarter solution.

Try the SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml implementation, which is not based on any Kamarang frame buffer implementation and perfectly works with all custom Vegas. You just likely need to adapt ACPI path and ACPI replacements in the original SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml available in the Github Library in concordance with your motherboard and slot population and actually also to remove the Vega64 load table implementation.

SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml requires SSDT-DTPG.aml and WEG and is the direct portation of Apple's Vega SSDT derived by means of iMacPro dumps.

Instead of the Kamarang frame buffer it automatically implements the AMDFramebufferVega10 for custom Vegas, and with WEG also automatically the correct numbers of ports and port definitions. One needs to see which frame buffer it would automatically select for your Radeon Pro WX 9100 though, and if this SSDT would work at all with your Radeon Pro WX 9100, always provided that ACPI path and ACPI replacements within the SSDT have been properly adapted for your motherboard and particular Radeon Pro WX 9100 slot population.

Anyway, Display HotPlug, multi-monitor support and sleep/wake perfectly work with this SSDT + WEG configuration for any custom Vega.

And by the way, it also perfectly works with the Radeon VII and it's actual still inappropriate macOS implementation.

Last edited:
Jesus... that's such an expensive card!!! Not worth it in macOS anyway (no AMD pro drivers support). just a cherry picked GPU (same as Vega Frontier). Am I missing something a part from 6 mDP ports?

You do not miss anything as already repeatedly stated, as you also already repeatedly confirmed that everything works as expected in your case!

You also do not have 6 DP ports but 3 + one additional HDMI port!

Please, stop permanently asking really obsolete questions, which just create unnecessary work at my side. Thanks in advance for your comprehension.

Hi KGP
I test All ports Its same.went to sleep not wake up.
HDMI
3xDisplayport

Hi KGP
I test All ports Its same.went to sleep not wake up.
HDMI
3xDisplayport

The question was not if sleep/wake works with the former configuration. As long all ports of your Vega are not properly implemented, sleep/wake won't work either.

The question was:

Are all ports of your Vega ports properly implemented such?

a.) i.e. 3x DP ports and 1x HDMI port implemented in IOREG and do you have the correct display signal on all ports when connecting your monitor via DP or HDMI?

b.) Does display Hotplug work for all ports?

c.) Does multi-monitor support work with all ports?

If a.), b.) and c.) is not the case, I will provide you now with an alternative SSDT for testing purposes.

Up to now I just try to figure out all GPU flaws resulting from the original Vega64 SSDT implementation, which has not changed at all up to now since we stopped on Friday.

Do you understand the purpose above my above questions?

Last edited:
The question was not if sleep/wake works with the former configuration.

The question was:

1.) Are all ports of your Vega ports properly implemented such?

a.) i.e. 3x DP ports and 1x HDMI port implemented in IOREG and do you have the correct display signal on all ports when connecting your monitor via DP or HDMI?

b.) Does display Hotplug work for all ports?

c.) Does multi-monitor support work with all ports?

If a.), b.) and c.) is not the case, I will provide you now with an alternative SSDT for testing purposes.

Up to now I just try to figure out all GPU flaws resulting from the original Vega64 SSDT implementation, which has not changed at all up to now since we stopped on Friday.

Do you understand the purpose above my above questions?
Hi Friend
I did not connect multi monitor
I connect now 1xDisplayport

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 63
Try the SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml implementation, which is not based on any Kamarang frame buffer implementation and perfectly works with all custom Vegas. You just likely need to adapt ACPI path and ACPI replacements in the original SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml available in the Github Library in concordance with your motherboard and slot population and actually also to remove the Vega64 load table implementation.

SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml requires SSDT-DTPG.aml and WEG and is the direct portation of Apple's Vega SSDT derived by means of iMacPro dumps.

Instead of the Kamarang frame buffer it automatically implements the AMDFramebufferVega10 for custom Vegas, and with WEG also automatically the correct numbers of ports and port definitions. One needs to see which frame buffer it would automatically select for your Radeon Pro WX 9100 though, and if this SSDT would work at all with your Radeon Pro WX 9100, always provided that ACPI path and ACPI replacements within the SSDT have been properly adapted for your motherboard and particular Radeon Pro WX 9100 slot population.

Anyway, Display HotPlug, multi-monitor support and sleep/wake perfectly work with this SSDT + WEG configuration for any custom Vega.

View attachment 388542

And by the way, it also perfectly works with the Radeon VII and it's actual still inappropriate macOS implementation.

I tried the SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml implementation and it is also working.
I initially thought the Vega FE approach could be the better solution because the WX 9100 is very similar to the Vega FE.
But anyway, I keep the Vega64 implementation.
Thank you.

@pieropontra
yes, it is an expensive card. But for my purpose I need those 6 DP outputs and the 16GB VRAM.
That's why I bought it... no more and no less ;)

Hi Friend
I did not connect multi monitor
I connect now 1xDisplayport

Please connect your monitor step by step to each of the three display ports and also to the HDMI port on your Vega (unplug/replug) and report back with answers to questions a.), b.) c.) in post #2,017

If you have by chance at least two monitors, please try to connect both of them at the same time.

Following your actual IROEG.save, all Vega ports (3x DP and 1x HDMI) seem properly implemented with the current Vega64 SSDT implementation. Thus we really need to test their function! Following your current IROEG.save your GPU should be fully working as expected, including Display HotPlug and multi-monitor support for all DP and HDMI ports.

Also HDAU should be properly implemented, and DP/HDMI Audio should work with all 4 connectors.

Last edited:
Please connect your monitor step by step to each of the three display ports and also to the HDMI port on your Vega (unplug/replug) and report back with answers to questions a.), b.) c.) in post #2,017

If you have by chance at least two monitors, please try to connect both of them at the same time.

Following your actual IROEG.save, all Vega ports (3x DP and 1x HDMI) seem properly implemented with the current Vega64 SSDT implementation. Thus we really need to test their function! Following your current IROEG.save your GPU should be fully working as expected, including Display HotPlug and multi-monitor support for all DP and HDMI ports.

Also HDAU should be properly implemented, and DP/HDMI Audio should work with all 4 connectors.
I connect now HDMI and DisplayPort.

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro HDMI & Displayport.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.59.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.59.26 AM.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 76
I connect now HDMI and DisplayPort.

O.K. and I guess the other two display ports are also working as expected? And you can unplug/replug the monitor from/to any of the Vega ports without any issue..

Correct?

Still no Radeon VII support with new 10.14.4 Public Beta 3

View attachment 388158

Good news. I now have my Radeon VII fully working with 10.14.4 beta 3. After trying literally everything I found out how to get past the black screen. I had to enable the integrated graphics in the BIOS (although it's never used). No other setting really made a difference, it was just having the integrated graphics enabled.

I've done benchmarks and the results are great and I've had no stability issues so far. Hope this works for you!

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back