Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
before I go to work I will test and replay.
give me 1hour I have to sleep.

noooo my friend ... it is 2:54 a.m. here.. let's continue tomorrow, o.k.?

I definitely cannot wait for one more hour.

I anyway reloaded the now fully working 10.14.3 EFI-Folder KGP-EFI-iMacPro-GA-X299-WU8-10.14.3 with the now properly implemented SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml to post #1,864 .

Good night, world :wave:

noooo my friend ... it is 2:54 a.m. here.. let's continue tomorrow, o.k.?

I definitely cannot wait for one more hour.

I anyway reloaded the now fully working 10.14.3 EFI-Folder KGP-EFI-iMacPro-GA-X299-WU8-10.14.3 with the now properly implemented SSDT-X299-SL05-GFX0-HDAU-ARPT.aml to post #1,864 .

Good night, world :wave:
Thanks KGP

When I back to home continue Thanks man.:)
ARPT support kext missing in EFI.
Thanks good night.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 59
Thanks KGP

When I back to home continue Thanks man.:)
ARPT support kext missing in EFI.
Thanks good night.

Why, ARPT seems now fully implemented... ;)

See you tomorrow!

Cheers, man :thumbup:

Aquantia AQC-107, 108 & AQC111, 112 Lan Controllers Firmware Version 3.1.56
Note: requires Windows or Linux to function.

Why don't you try to update and see? Now it does not work anyway.. Thus the situation can only improve or at least remain the same I guess.. ;)

Can confirm that I cannot even run this update on the Prime Deluxe II AQC111C 5GbE LAN port to test if there is even macOS support.

Get the same error as @rugula

Code:
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Downloads\AQN_FW_3.1.56(station-drivers.com)\AQN_FW_3.1.56\20180622_Diag_2.10\Windows\Diag_2.10_Windows_64-bit>diag -k -f DellNormalDirtyWake-3.1.56_bdp.clx
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_11B1&SUBSYS_87721043&REV_02\4&367C72CA&0&00E1: Disabled
1 device(s) disabled.
PCI\VEN_1D6A&DEV_11B1&SUBSYS_87721043&REV_02\4&367C72CA&0&00E1: Enabled
1 device(s) enabled.

FLASH type = Macronix MX25L32

MAC flash bdp and clx bdp differ! Specify which to keep if not running in interactive mode. Use --mac_flash_bdp to force flash bdp, or use --mac_clx_bdp to force clx bdp.

Exiting program...

I tried force --mac_flash_bdp, still no go. I don't want to push it further it seems that this firmware is incompatible with the AQC111C and even if it was updated it wouldn't do anything to it and most likely brick it (a user have reported it did brick their AQC111C).

This module seems too new from doing a little research.

I have dumped the original firmware which is 4MB while the updated 3.1.56 is 2MB in case anyone smarter than me can figure it out. It would be nice to have native onboard 5GbE support :)...although I still don't understand why ASUS would not put a 10GbE port instead on a $500 motherboard. It costs them pennies for these chips :banghead:

Attachments

• AQC111C_StockFirmware_PrimeDeluxe_II.zip
    761.7 KB · Views: 101
Just a quick question guys, CPU CPxx PRxx stuffs are just for aesthetics? @kgp

Just a quick question guys, CPU CPxx PRxx stuffs are just for aesthetics? @kgp

For consistency with iMacPro and yes for aesthetics..

But anyway, just very easy to implement and for your CPU even linked in my guide. Just copy and paste respective snipped to config.plist by editing the latter with text editor or TextWrangler. Of course you must remove before the original snippet implemented for the i9-7980XE/i9-9980XE.

Last edited:
For consistency with iMacPro and yes for aesthetics..

But anyway, just very easy to implement and for your CPU even linked in my guide. Just copy and paste respective snipped to config.plist by editing the latter with text editor or TextWrangler. Of course you must remove before the original snippet implemented for the i9-7980XE/i9-9980XE.

I solved my GPU issues I think @izo1

I have dumped the original firmware which is 4MB while the updated 3.1.56 is 2MB in case anyone smarter than me can figure it out. It would be nice to have native onboard 5GbE support :)...although I still don't understand why ASUS would not put a 10GbE port instead on a $500 motherboard. It costs them pennies for these chips :banghead:

Likely because someone look at the numbers, see where it can be connected (PCH) and realise that it would make zero difference in actual use, and so save 2c per boards.

HI kgp
I back to home now.
I am waiting:)

o.k. I have 30 min for doing something. Thus can you try to boot your system with the 15-port kext and try to conned your mouse to a different USB connector? Later this evening we can continue.

See post #1,860 to know which USB connectors are disabled when using the 15port kext!, i.e one internal USB3.0 header and two external USB3.0 back panel connectors will not work when using this kext to stay within Apple's 15 port USB limit. but in consequence, your EFI-Folder is fully vanilla and con be used from 10.13.4 to 10.14.4, as you do not need to permanently change to respective USB port limit patches, as they can remain disabled when using the 15 port kext.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back