Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it appears to be anything than trivial to entirely remove SwitchResX.

Basically I followed these instructions:

and

although still no way to get your profile loaded on X299. On X99 it works despite the fact that SwitchResX is still installed.

Also your command line just returns:

2019-02-06 18:28:07.992 defaults[4415:304863]
Domain (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver) not found.
Defaults have not been changed

although there is a com.apple.windowserver.plist in /Library/Preferences/.

In system preferences, I just have these options and no choice of selecting predefined scaling icons like in your case or like in my case with the VII and X99:

View attachment 386815

What do you have in /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-1e6d ?

When you run:
ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayPrefsKey

what do you get?

Also, maybe try enabling the pref instead:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

you need to reboot after that

What do you have in /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-1e6d ?

When you run:
ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayPrefsKey

what do you get?

Also, maybe try enabling the pref instead:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

you need to reboot after that

Code:
    | |   |           | |   |       "IODisplayPrefsKey" = "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC02@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR2A@0/IOPP/PEGP@0/IOPP/EGP0@0/IOPP/GFX0@0/ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0/AMDFramebufferVega10/display0/AppleDisplay-1e6d-7720"

Entered last provided command line, will reboot now and reedit this post with the result.

Edit: no change after reboot

Last edited:
@Rulebreaker01,

I finally reinstalled SwitchResX with these settings:

Startup resolution: 5120x2160@60Hz
Scaled resolution base: 5120x2160
Custom resolution profile: 5120x2160, 60Hz (see blow)

By this I get with your monitor profile 5210x2160@60Hz screen resolution but also the following HiDPI options, which perfectly work:

UI resolutions (screen resolution always the double)
3840x1260 @60HZ
3360x1417 @60HZ
3200x1350 @60Hz
3008x1269 @60Hz
2560x1080 @60HZ

Just one example below:

Also "Displays" information under "About this Mac" is adequate

Only remaining inconsistency:

Under System preferences/Displays/Display

I still have

instead of

For some reason I cannot achieve the default Icon menu option under "Scaled". The option with all available resolutions usually appears only by pressing the Alt/Option key, however on my X299 system, it is still default.

@kgp on your 10.14.3 su, do you the MacOs Public Beta Access Utility? can you see the 10.14.4 beta 2 update?

One thing after the other my friend. Let's focus first on the onboard TTR controller and then investigate your USB issues.

USB-C ports of onboard TTR controller only should pop-up under XHCI with Alpine Ridge XHCI WA Enabled in BIOS.. Please disable!

Also disable Thunderbolt USB Support, Thunderbolt Boot Support and Wake From Thunderbolt(TM Devices).

Does this remove the XHCI HS09/HS10 relation of the onboard TTR controller? See respective ACPI table in IOREG!

What about TB Hotplug?

@kgp
I am now using the latest EFI folder in #1,735, and the TB settings you mentioned in BIOS are all disabled.
HS09 & HS10 are now gone in IOreg (probably because the USB kext does not implement HS09&10 in it?)

But both TB and USB-C hotplug still do not work, the TB SSD partition now takes about 30 seconds to show on the desktop after the OS boots, which does not happen before (before: the TB SSD partitions shows immediately after the OS boots) EDIT: After several times of reboot, the TB SSD partition now appears as soon as the system boots into desktop.

Another difference is that when I disconnected the TB device without ejecting, now the system will show the warning, which does not before.

Attachments

• AsEvil's Hackintosh.ioreg
    15 MB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 11.20.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 11.20.35 AM.png
    577.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Hi AsEvil,

I have two questions:

1. Why do you have in your TSCAdjustReset.kext 19 and not 27 threats for a I9 9940 X CPU ?

2. Do you have a "wake after deep sleep" issue ? With your EFI (without the ...580.aml) and a Vega 64 my system don't wake up after deep sleep.

1. Oh...my fault, I misplaced the kext for the i9-9820X to the i9-9940X EFI folder!!! Thank you for pointing out my stupid mistake.

2. Currently, I do not have this issue, because whenever my system goes to deep sleep, it will automatically wake up...

@Gigamaxx ,

Question:

Apparently in the info.plist of AMDRadeonX5000.kext you just added 0x66AF1002 to IOPCIMatch of either AMDVega10GraphicsAccelerator or AMDVega12GraphicsAccelerator, correct?

But what did you change in AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext? 0x66AF1002 seems already part of IOPCIMatch in the vanilla kext...

That's what I found too when I tried to change the plist files for my Radeon VII. Adding 0x66AF1002 to AMDRadeonX5000.kext prevented me from getting into macOS – it fails to find the display. I had to go into recovery mode and revert the file and rebuild permissions. I have a feeling it might be because he's using 14.4 beta. I've been trying to get the beta but the macOS software update tool doesn't think there's one to download (I'm on the beta program) :/

@kgp
I am now using the latest EFI folder in #1,735, and the TB settings you mentioned in BIOS are all disabled.
HS09 & HS10 are now gone in IOreg (probably because the USB kext does not implement HS09&10 in it?)

But both TB and USB-C hotplug still do not work, the TB SSD partition now takes about 30 seconds to show on the desktop after the OS boots, which does not happen before (before: the TB SSD partitions shows immediately after the OS boots) EDIT: After several times of reboot, the TB SSD partition now appears as soon as the system boots into desktop.

Another difference is that when I disconnected the TB device without ejecting, now the system will show the warning, which does not before.

If the TB partitions appear delayed, your TB controller is not properly initialised. Properly initialise both ports of the TTR onboard controller with TB and USB-C devices under Windows before using it under macOS.

I did not change anything in the TB-SSDT for the Deluxe II which in your previous post you reported to work!

BTW.. @DSM2 already confirmed full TB Hot-Plug and USB-C hot swap functionality for the Deluxe II using exactly the same TB-SSDT implemented in your EFI-Folder!

I asked you to check if the USB-C ports of the onboard TTR controller still pop-up under XHCI with Alpine Ridge XHCI WA Enabled. I also asked you to disable Thunderbolt USB Support, Thunderbolt Boot Support and Wake From Thunderbolt(TM Devices). This was in post #1,732, clearly before post #1,735, where I subseqently asked you to use the new EFI-Folder. Thus, if now with the new EFI-Folder you want to check what I asked for already in post #1,732, you just have to reimplement HS09 and HS10 to the kext. I anyway enabled the 3 valid USB port limit patches and the fully implemented kext for now in your EFI-Folder for testing purposes.

Anyway, when doing all these tests with the new EFI-folder, please remain online here thus we can communicate with each other.

We will never clarify anything if there is always a break of several days in between our communications.

Last edited:
That's what I found too when I tried to change the plist files for my Radeon VII. Adding 0x66AF1002 to AMDRadeonX5000.kext prevented me from getting into macOS – it fails to find the display. I had to go into recovery mode and revert the file and rebuild permissions. I have a feeling it might be because he's using 14.4 beta. I've been trying to get the beta but the macOS software update tool doesn't think there's one to download (I'm on the beta program) :/

Apparently just adding 0x66AF1002 to AMDRadeonX5000.kext seems not sufficient with UEFI Clover and/or the new UEFI firmware for the VII.. Black screen on boot after adding 0x66AF1002 to IOPCIMatch of AMDRadeonX5000.kext, independent from all available macOS versions in use. I already checked that. And device-ID 0x66AF1002 is natively even already part of IOPCIMatch in AMD10000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext under 10.14.3 and 10.14.3 SU.

Thus it appears that the approach of simply adding 0x66AF1002 to IOPCIMatch of AMDRadeonX5000.kext as proposed by @Gigamaxx indeed seems to work only in case of Legacy and there is something else missing to be changed in either AMD10000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX5000.kext, AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext, WEG, Clover, or config.plist to enable hardware acceleration under macOS for the VII based on the current AMDRadeonX5000.kext AMDVega10GraphicsAccelerator or AMDVega12GraphicsAccelerator implementations in case of UEFI. Else one could just wait until the VII has been finally fully natively implemented under macOS by Apple in order to see that the recently added UEFI GOP in the new ASRock VII hybrid firmware is also fully compatible with macOS.

@vit9696 or @sLice, anything else that needs to be considered in terms of WEG or UEFI Clover for using the VII with the hybrid ASRock firmware and UEFI GOP under macOS as currently implemented and outlined above?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back