Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual Cards!

That's awesome. Is the vii actually running at 350mhz? Can you see what the clock speeds are?

No, it’s actually running at about 1600 MHz. That 350MHz also shows up with Vega 64, 56 etc.

Hi Kgp
I check your XHC-USB-Kext-Library
My motherboard X299-WU8 missing in your
XHC-USB-Kext-Library please tell me what detail if you want I will give you.
Thank you.

Sapphire Radeon VII now fully UEFI compatible!

At first place I should highlight some important correction. My first tests and results concerning the Radeon VII did not base on a MSI but Sapphire Radeon VII. I simply confused the brand my friend employed on his system. I therefore already correct my initial lapsus in all former posts here in this thread up to my best knowledge.. ;):lol:

This morning, @DSM2 pointed me to some approach recently discussed in the German Hackintosh forum:

@Mork_vom_Ork recently
provided a link for a windows tool developed by ASRock, which implements a hybrid firmware on the ASRock Radeon VII. Unfortunately, ASRX7_16G190201.exe did not work in my case with the Sapphire Radeon VII.

However, @CMMChris extracted the VBIOS from ASRX7_16G190201.exe by means of a hex editor and provided the resulting BIOS ROM radeon-vii-uefi.rom in his respective post in the German Hackintosh Forum.

After saving the original Firware of the Sapphire Radeon VII with Winflash.exe (admin permissions) of AMD/ATI ATIFlash 2.84 under Windows 10, I subsequently flashed the Sapphire Radeon VII with radeon-vii-uefi.rom without any issues.

Subsequently I disabled CSM in the BIOS of my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and successfully booted my system with the Sapphire Radeon VII and new ASRock hybrid firmware..

Legacy only problem of Radeon VII fully removed! :headbang:

I guess that the latter approach should work for any Radeon VII.

Enjoy and have fun,

Update: I got 60 CUs. Basically Vega 56 performance. Link

Attached files will work for the card. Clover needs to be in Legacy boot mode not UEFI. Replace the info.plist of AMD5000kext and AMD5000HWServiceskext and run Kext wizard or other method to rebuild caches. SSDT courtesy of kgp needs to go into Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. Next step to make VGATabkext for frequency.

View attachment 386502
View attachment 386503View attachment 386504

Awesome, dude :thumbup:

No way to get this patches working with UEFI Clover?

Hi Kgp
I check your XHC-USB-Kext-Library
My motherboard X299-WU8 missing in your
XHC-USB-Kext-Library please tell me what detail if you want I will give you.
Thank you.

Can you do the HS port discovery with a USB2.0 flash drive and the SS port discovery with a USB3.0 flash drive and send me the resulting port layout, i.e. the HS and SS port connector/header assignment? You need to enable the 3 Usb port limit patches in order or derive the complete HS and SS port assignment.

Awesome, dude :thumbup:

No way to get this patches working with UEFI Clover?

It should work, the only reason I used Legacy was because of the card ROM. If you have it fixed it should work in UEFI. We did this early on with the AMD RX 480 in Sierra beta, over 2 years ago. They are UEFI cards.

It should work, the only reason I used Legacy was because of the card ROM. If you have it fixed it should work in UEFI. We did this early on with the AMD RX 480 in Sierra beta, over 2 years ago. They are UEFI cards.

I installed the two kexts with modified plists with kext utility and rebooted system.

GFX0 busy error on reboot - cannot reach to login sreen.

Anything else I should apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back