Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just plug a USB2.0 flash drive to each of the 3 USB3.0 connectors, and see if the drive appears in the windows explorer.

Trivial, isn’t it?
:clap:, i need to stop overthinking things.

i think i may have tracked down the issue... i think the CMOS got fubar. which bios version are you on 1503 or 1603?

:clap:, i need to stop overthinking things.

i think i may have tracked down the issue... i think the CMOS got fubar. which bios version are you on 1503 or 1603?

I am on 1603 and everything works fine. But many people have problems with 1603. Although their problem is different to yours. In their case the entire XHCI ACPI table is missing.

Anyway you can try to downgrade to 1503 and see if this removes the issue with your hub. You might have to do some cmos resets in addition. Although I am sceptic that this will really remove your issue. Let’s see...

Last edited:
I am on 1603 and everything works fine. But many people have problems with 1603.

so updating from 1503 to 1603 (just reflashing the bios probably would've given the same results) however now i must boot with npci=0x2000, im gonna try and work on that as i know you do not require this flag.

so it seems somewhere in the update procedure to 10.14.4 beta 1, (probably when i forgot to update the boot.efi) it messed up the xhci tables on the cmos. clearing the cmos did not resolve this problem either, only the reflash to 1603 seems to have resolved it.

if i cant resolve the npci=0x2000 flag problem is there harm in leaving it like that?

so updating from 1503 to 1603 (just reflashing the bios probably would've given the same results) however now i must boot with npci=0x2000, im gonna try and work on that as i know you do not require this flag.

so it seems somewhere in the update procedure to 10.14.4 beta 1, (probably when i forgot to update the boot.efi) it messed up the xhci tables on the cmos. clearing the cmos did not resolve this problem either, only the reflash to 1603 seems to have resolved it.

if i cant resolve the npci=0x2000 flag problem is there harm in leaving it like that?

The boot flag does not harm but me I don’t need it. Did you use EZ Flashback to update your BIOS? This should have avoided subseqent issues.

The boot flag does not harm but me I don’t need it. Did you use EZ Flashback to update your BIOS? This should have avoided subseqent issues.

Did you mean ez flash or asus flashback?.

Last edited:
@dez Upon the macOS update 10.14.4 Beta 4 (18E174f), H264/HEVC decoding and encoding are now available for RX580 users. No more freezes during encoding. You'll still need the dummy kext on post #723 to make this happen. Cheers !!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.01.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.01.41 PM.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
hello,

anyone here have the asus x299 Deluxe II pls kindly help to confirm whether your TB3 can fully support by Mojave or not?
like the usb-c tb hotplug....

bcz from @mcity post below, Blackmagic eGPU Pro also use TB3 'Titan Ridge JHL 7540' which is same as Deluxe II.
also Blackmagic eGPU Pro request Operating System as 'Mac 10.14 Mojave or later'.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sful-build-extended-guide.229353/post-1779513

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicegpu/techspecs/W-DRE-11

thanks in advance.

Sorry to destroy any faint hope. Also the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe adapter employs the same DSL7540 Thunderbolt™ 3 controller, and it perfectly works with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe under both High Sierra and Mojave including TB HotPlug and USB-C HotPlug, as SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml is macOS independent.

Following our recent tests under 10.13.6 and respective conclusions (post #11,840, post #11,842, post #11,852), TB Hotplug and USB-C HotPlug do not work with the onboard DSL7540 Thunderbolt™ 3 controller of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II and SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml, very likely due to the current ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II BIOS firmware implementation, and won't work under 10.14 either.

But let's confirm this by other users.

@dez Upon the macOS update 10.14.4 Beta 4 (18E174f), H264/HEVC decoding and encoding are now available for RX580 users. No more freeze during encoding. You'll still need the dummy kext on post #723 to make this happened. Cheers !!

Thanks for these good news. I will include your recent findings in the guides, including your credits.

Is Anyone having issues with clover configurator mounting EFI?

Also is the port limit patch working properly for everyone? My wifi adapters just don't seem to connect to the network at all anymore. and if so with lots of Dropouts an DUP errors. My other devices work well.

I had tried to install an old driver and it caused a kernel cache error on boot . I managed to get back into the system and uninstall all the driver and update it with the recent ones.

Also now I'm seeing these errors on Disk Utility..

What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_7220.jpg
    IMG_7220.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back