Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it just called MemOK!_II switch now? At least it seems to be the same switch, which seems just to be called EZ_XMP switch on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, where by default it is disabled on the latter. In addition you could also try to change the CPU_OV jumper for testing purposes. Please compare both user manuals before any jumper or switch modification. I have both switch and jumper enabled on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.

I boot with applemacosxGOD-EFI-Folder (with customised sn, SmUUID and disable Nvidia arguments) - same KP.

Enabled MEM_OK switch - same KP.

Enabled CPU_OV Jumper and MEM_OK switch: same KP.

Enabled CPU_OV Jumper only: same KP.

What is a "Power GOOD reset" by the disable MSR lock function ?
I disconnect my power supply.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 79
I boot with applemacosxGOD-EFI-Folder (with customised sn, SmUUID and disable Nvidia arguments) - same KP.

Enabled MEM_OK switch - same KP.

Enabled CPU_OV Jumper and MEM_OK switch: same KP.

Enabled CPU_OV Jumper only: same KP.

What is a "Power GOOD reset" by the disable MSR lock function ?
I disconnect my power supply.

Thanks

You could also save your BIOS settings, shut down your system, remove power cable from PSU, unplug and replug CMOS battery, replug PSU power cable, restart your system and restore BIOS settings.

Last edited:
You could also save your BIOS settings, shut down your system, remove power cable from PSU, unplug and replug CMOS battery, replug PSU power cable, restart your system and restore BIOS settings.

same KP after disconnect Power ans battery

@Maywitt is it any possible over heat problem?, cooler not working properly?. Can you again Boot to Win 10 and check the cooler performance and temperatures. Disable Overclock settings like turbo boost and try again.

@Maywitt is it any possible over heat problem?, cooler not working properly?. Can you again Boot to Win 10 and check the cooler performance and temperatures. Disable Overclock settings like turbo boost and try again.

CPU Temp = 38° C. The KP come after the first two "CloverBoot-seconds". CPU was cold. Win10 tested with Prime95 - all fine - after 10 hours also.

CMOS reset with jumper reset is the final confirmed " reset".

After CMOS-btton reset and load my "kgp-BiosProfile" : same KP

I am so thankful that you all want to help me!

It's my fifth Hackintosh, but the first brutally KP.

If you want to use all ports, you need to implement the fully implemented kext and enable all 3 USB port limit patches, with the drawback that your system will not be anymore vanilla, because you will have to modify the 3 USB port limit patches before or immediately after each macOS update.

If you want to have a vanilla system, disable the 3 USB port limit patches and use the truncated 15-port kext instead, with the drawback that one internal USB3.0 heather and one external USB2.0 back-panel connector will be non-functional.

Clear enough?
Loud and clear :)

Thanks mate!

Reactions: kgp
I have a question regarding using an external SSD in a casing and TRIM support. I got a Samsung EVO 860 to use between 2 systems with a SATA to usb 3.1 Gen 2 type C converter and a Type C to Type Adapter for my other system. I just wanted to know if there is Trim support if used as an external device? There is no way to check if trim is enabled on the external SSD.

Does anybody have experience with this setup?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back