Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit. I just paid $500 for Prime Deluxe II.

Well, keep in mind that the 10GbE card/chip on that board will be very hard to get to work on macOS.....our 10GbE thread shows you how, but no one has ever gotten a raw Aquantia to work without going through that process.

This is the current card that is the 10GbE card of choice: Syba 10 GbE card (Amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Although it is based on an Aquantia, it's also been modified. Why do I say that? Because it requires no hacks, modification or drivers whatsoever to work on macOS. It also requires no special drivers on Windows. Literally, it's plug'n'play and it supports WOL as well.

So far, we've had three users try it and all report it works just as advertised....this is the most promising 10 GbE card that works natively in macOS we've come across.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Well, keep in mind that the 10GbE card/chip on that board will be very hard to get to work on macOS.....our 10GbE thread shows you how, but no one has ever gotten a raw Aquantia to work without going through that process.

This is the current card that is the 10GbE card of choice: Syba 10 GbE card (Amazon)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2DV9K2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Although it is based on an Aquantia, it's also been modified. Why do I say that? Because it requires no hacks, modification or drivers whatsoever to work on macOS. It also requires no special drivers on Windows. Literally, it's plug'n'play and it supports WOL as well.

That's good to know. I do like the RAMPAGE look better than the Prime Deluxe II. But doesn't seem like RAMPAGE has TB3, which the Deluxe II has.

Oh well, I'll just keep trucking along.

My next upgrade is a 9980XE, but later this year.

Current upgrades incoming: EKWB Phoenix watercooling rads/blocks for CPU + GPU (Too lazy to do an actual open loop).

I really want to close this case and move on, have been tweaking it for far too long. It never ends.

Not at all.. I am actually interested in the new cascade lake processors to be released in 2019. I guess, they will be also part of the new Mac Pro 2019.. New game, new fun and new guides for the community.. although.. without the availability of factory samples, new system builds and guides from my side will be impossible, not only now but also in the future..

That's good to know. I do like the RAMPAGE look better than the Prime Deluxe II. But doesn't seem like RAMPAGE has TB3, which the Deluxe II has.

Current upgrades incoming: EKWB Phoenix watercooling rads/blocks for CPU + GPU (Too lazy to do an actual open loop).

I really want to close this case and move on, have been tweaking it for far too long. It never ends.
Wow - big miss not to include TB AIC card support!!

Yep the Rampage definitely does look more fancy but it doesn't have onboard TB3 or a TB3 header which seems odd... Also only has 3x16 slots and runs at 16x/8x/8x instead of 16x/16x/8x on the Deluxe II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back