Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the dumb questions but...How and where did you install EFI folder? In the hidden sub partition of the drive correct? See picture attached when EFI is mounted.
Not a stupid question at all - I'm attaching a couple screen grabs of the main USB install partition, as well as the EFI hidden partition (now mounted using EFI Mounter v3)

Attachments

• Clover folder.png
    Clover folder.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Main Mojave.png
    Main Mojave.png
    226 KB · Views: 58
I guess that one, right?

View attachment 377140

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/graf...xos-gpx-amd-rx-vega-m05-mit-backplate-schwarz

Not very fancy though.. apparently does not feature any RGB LEDs.. But certainly faster and less problematic delivery here in Germany when compared with the water block of Aliexpress.

I ordered it at the end of November, delivered very quickly from Germany, very well built and solid, a little heavy and thick, but reliable with my complete custom Alphacool loop system.

Edit: I used usb install for high sierra as an example..but it's the same process for all drives
Noted, thanks :) . BTW, is there anything in the config.plist > Kernel & Kext Patches that I need to re-enable for now? Specifically the USB Port Limit Patch? Could this be causing issues, as it's disabled right now from the EFI you shared?

Not a stupid question at all - I'm attaching a couple screen grabs of the main USB install partition, as well as the EFI hidden partition (now mounted using EFI Mounter v3)

You know that you can directly mount individual EFI-partitions directly within Clover Configurator?

You know that you can directly mount individual EFI-partitions directly within Clover Configurator?
YESSIR! :) But for some bizzaro reason, the disk mounting part of CC was not working about a week or so ago, when I started this project. (I'm using my 2017 MBP 14,3 for all the USB installer prep work). Clicking the Mount Partition button yielded nothing. However, I seem to recall an update to the app, and now it's working again! Thanks for the refresh! :)

Noted, thanks :) . BTW, is there anything in the config.plist > Kernel & Kext Patches that I need to re-enable for now? Specifically the USB Port Limit Patch? Could this be causing issues, as it's disabled right now from the EFI you shared?

The USB port limit patch might anyway not work for 10.14.2. If some of your USB3.0 connectors do not work actually, you can also use the USB3.1 connectors for the macOS installation.

In general it would be recommended to use a truncated 15-port XHC USB kext, which makes any port limit patch totally obsolete and yields a fully vanilla X299 system, as Skylake-X is fully natively supported anyway.

@Ellybz, I was just having a look to the XHC USB kext implemented in your EFI-Folder. Unfortunately, yet is has several flaws..

It seems to be a fully implemented HXC USB kext not really suited for 10.14.2. With SSP6 being the highest implemented port, your actual port-count value was wrong. It must be 16000000 instead of 1a000000.

Also port number entries have been missing in the kext for ports HS09 to HS12.

I assume HS01/SSP1 and HS02/SSP2 are assigned to F_USB30_1, HS03/SSP3 and HS04/SSP4 to F_USB30_2, HS05/SSP5 to USB30_LAN2 and HS06/SSP6 to USB30_LAN1. Please verify.

Unclear remains to me, which USB2.0 headers and USB2.0 connectors ports HS07 to HS14 are assigned to. Please clarify and add USB port-layout.rtf for the Designare EX to your kext.

Screenshot 2019-01-06 at 16.54.26.png

In addition to the fully implemented kext, we would need the truncated 15-port XHC USB kext, which also should contain the same port-layout.rtf.

Could you provide a final version of both kexts within a subsequent post? I would directly implement them in the XHC USB kext Github library.

@BoomR should implement then directly your truncated 15-port kext and remove the inconsistent XHC USB kext currently implemented in his EFI-Folder.

For the finalisation of both kexts (fully implemented and truncated 15-port XHC USB kexts), please use my modified guess kexts attached below.

In my actual guess for the 15-port XHC USB kext, HS03/SSP3 and HS04/SSP4 have been removed from the kext. The respective internal connector F-USB30_2 should be functionless. Please verify. I also removed HS14 to stay within the 15-port limit, without having any clue to which USB2.0 connector HS14 is actually assigned. Please clarify USB2.0 header and USB2.0 connector assignment of HS07 to HS14.

Both fully implemented and truncated USB kexts attached below, yet contain my port-layout.rtf for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe. Please properly adapt and modify for the GA X299 Designare EX.

@BoomR, until @Ellybz provides the final versions of the fully implemented and truncated 15-port kexts for the Designare EX, you can also use my 15-port guess kext attached below. By this you do not need to worry about an USB port limit patch anyway, as the latter becomes fully obsolete.

Attachments

• ELLY-iMacPro-GA-X299DEX-XHCI.kext.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 50
  • ELLY-iMacPro-GA-X299DEX-XHCI-15port.kext.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
@Ellybz,

attached a revision of your EFI-Folder for the i7-7800X and the GA Designare EX.

1.) I implemented a modified FakeSMC and Sensor kext distribution to be used with iStat Menus 6.31.
2.) I implemented Clover_v2.4k_r4833 and updated implemented Clover Themes for their use with Mojave.
3.) I reimplemented a TSCAdjustReset.kext adopted for the i7-7800X
4.) I implemented the preliminary ELLY-iMacPro-GA-X299DEX-XHCI-15port.kext

All you have to do is adding serial, board serial and SmUUID in your config.plist

Attachments

• EFI-ELLY.zip
    64.7 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
@BoomR,

attached a complete EFI-Folder for the i9-7920X and the GA X299 Designare EX.

1.) I implemented a modified FakeSMC and Sensor kext distribution to be used with iStat Menus 6.31.
2.) I implemented Clover_v2.4k_r4833 and updated implemented Clover Themes for their use with Mojave.
3.) I implemented a TSCAdjustReset.kext adopted for the i9-7920X
4.) I implemented the preliminary ELLY-iMacPro-GA-X299DEX-XHCI-15port.kext
5.) I implemented the correct CPxx -> PRxx ACPI replacements for the i9-7920X in the config.plist. All config.plist ACPI replacements are now adequate and enabled.

All you have to do is adding serial, board serial and SmUUID in the config.plist under section SMBIOS of Clover Configurator. Else the attached EFI-Folder should work OoB on your system and should not require any additional modifications.

Attachments

• EFI-BoomR.zip
    64.7 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Very strange business with the ACPI tables getting permanently altered by the 1603 firmware on the Deluxe... I cannot boot without npci=2 either. Lets hope ASUS issues an update soon.

Very strange business with the ACPI tables getting permanently altered by the 1603 firmware on the Deluxe... I cannot boot without npci=2 either. Lets hope ASUS issues an update soon.

Well, that is a bit strange. I can boot just fine with 1603 and no ncpi= Hmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back