Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the same motherboard I have?

Anyway, I had to downgrade to 1303.
Downgrade from 1603 to 1503 didn’t fix the probem for me.

Dear Salvatore,
thanks for your reply. I had forgotten to properly clear the CMOS. It works properly now.
Happy new year! D

Stupid question before throwing the designare. You tried swapping the cmos battery right?
Too bad you have to change the mobo. it's a good board. You probably just have a defective unit.

Yeah I tried 2 new CMOS batteries, same thing. It just keeps looping the reset phase, and XMP doesn't even work at all.

It's a good board, but always had some type of instability since day one. Had it since January 2018 and worked "ok" until now.

Well @BoomR, wherever you are, that MSI Vega 64 card is on sale at Newegg on e-Bay for the same price, BUT if you use this code: POPUPSAVINGS, you get 15% off......today (12/28) only....

due to me not being welcomed in this thread anymore i have been out of the loop for quite some time. i just updated to the latest EFI folder and the latest istat menu release to try and resolve the GPU Die reading 127*.... i have solved that issue but in the process lost all other sensor information. i assume everyone else has this information showing correctly?

and ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Swapped the Designare EX to Prime Deluxe II and all is well. No more system freeze.

There's a few minor things I miss from Designare EX, but I'll take stability over those any day of the week.

The USB layout is similar to the first Prime Deluxe, but there's less USB 2.0 ports. Will be working on getting those up and running and I should be set.

Also one note if anyone gets this board. DO NOT turn off 4G decoding, you will get a D4 error and have to clear the CMOS to boot again. At least this is what happens with my system.

Also have not been able to figure out the 5GbE Aquantia yet (what the hell is up with board manufacturers putting lower than 10GbE??? these chips are like $20 to implement.)

Last edited:
Hey guys! Any update on USB port limit for 10.14.2? Now we all use the "truncation" kext which disables exceeding port but I think someone in multibeast team solved the issue with a more "classic" patch solution. Is something like that available for a X299 vanilla build?

This is still a work in progress (I will clean it up later), but here's the ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II XHC Kext.

All ports work with USB3/2 devices without issues. Have not tested USB-C USB 3.1 Gen 2 yet

Attachments

• X299USB_PrimeDeluxe_II.kext.zip
    1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 3.05.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 3.05.27 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Points well-taken! I'm thinking I may move the 1080 to my "PowerUp" build, leaving this (my new Studio 3.0 build) dedicated strictly for audio work. The CPU/case sits in the room below my studio, so noise is not a big factor.

I love this place...and y'all! :)

PS - ...but that HIDEOUS blue of the Nitro+ Saffire... I just can't... LOL (just joking)! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

@BoomR, my friend.. just found some very short time to fly over the recent posts along this thread.. therefore, just a few comments, suggestions from my site until I will disappear again until beginning of next year. ;)

Go for the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 if you want to use airflow cooling although there is also a possibility for custom water blocking (aliexpress) of this GPU. The Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 might be best controllable in terms of fan speed und noise level. There is a windows app you can download from their web site to change led colour or to switch off the onboard GPU leds completely. If you opt for custom water blocking, the MSI Vega 64 air boost also would be a perfect choice (EK custom water blocking available). No idea about its airflow fan behaviour though. The Gigabyte Vega 64 does have an optimal DP (3x) and HDMI (3x) port configuration, fan speed control and noise level regulation turned out to be tricky though. There is no option for custom water blocking of the latter GPU. In general I would recommend custom water blocking for all Vegas, if possible.

Hope this helps in taking your decisions.

Happy new year to all of you and until soon,

KGP

Last edited:
due to me not being welcomed in this thread anymore i have been out of the loop for quite some time. i just updated to the latest EFI folder and the latest istat menu release to try and resolve the GPU Die reading 127*.... i have solved that issue but in the process lost all other sensor information. i assume everyone else has this information showing correctly?

and ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Sorry for you are feeling not welcome to this thread @shael. When updating to the latest EFI Folder, did you make sure to re-install the ACPISensor.kext, CPU Sensors.kext, GPUSensore.kext and LPCSensors.Kext. These kext are not included in KGP EFI folder, and need to be there in order for iStat to work properly. Copy all kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/.

The other kext needed is FakeSMC.kext, but that should already be there in KGP EFI Folder.

More info can be found at E.12 in KGP's guide.

Happy New Year

Sorry for you are feeling not welcome to this thread @shael. When updating to the latest EFI Folder, did you make sure to re-install the ACPISensor.kext, CPU Sensors.kext, GPUSensore.kext and LPCSensors.Kext. These kext are not included in KGP EFI folder, and need to be there in order for iStat to work properly. Copy all kexts to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/.

The other kext needed is FakeSMC.kext, but that should already be there in KGP EFI Folder.

More info can be found at E.12 in KGP's guide.

Happy New Year

appreciate the help but infact theose kexts are included in KGP's latest efi folder. and also did try using the kexts from prior to updating...

XZKq9WB.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back