Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello KGP, please be so kind to remove what corresponds so that I can put the bios soft, I've been waiting for a few days and now I see that you are online.
Please KGP help me, I do not dare to do it since I am completely unaware of dealing with this type of files.
For you it is less than a minute to eliminate what corresponds and to raise it up here to put it in its place and proceed to change the Bios de la Vega.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-Vega.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 50
Hello KGP, please be so kind to remove what corresponds so that I can put the bios soft, I've been waiting for a few days and now I see that you are online.
Please KGP help me, I do not dare to do it since I am completely unaware of dealing with this type of files.
For you it is less than a minute to eliminate what corresponds and to raise it up here to put it in its place and proceed to change the Bios de la Vega.

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-Vega.aml.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 67
You will need to carefully revise and likely adopt most of the SSDTs based on your original IOREG ACPI table information to make them work properly or work at all!

Anyway something is at odd wit your XHC USB Controller. With the current native macOS XHCI USB implementation, all USB2.0 and USB3.0 connectors of your Prime-A will be non-functional. Based on this original XHCI ACPI table (which basically is unpopulated), also the XHC USB kext cannot generate any miracles and will simply not work at all.

However, following your recent IOREG save, all USB3.1 ports connected to different controllers than XHCI should now be fully functional.

Did your try to downgrade to BIOS 1503? Does this change something with respect to your USB2.0 and USB3.0 XHCI USB controller population in IOREG?

All over the years I have never seen an issue similar to yours. Maybe you should ask for a mobo replacement, if you do not find any solution. Your issue is totally unusual and anything else than expected. But you say that your USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports do work under windows?

I did not mention that, but on Windows 10 all the ports are working as they should.
I tried to downgrade to 1503 and 1401 but IORegistryExplorer shows XHCI@14 empty as before. I think that some ACPI tables of my bios are messed, but I don't understand why. I read in this topic another guy @jaminmc who has the same board but it seems that he did not had this issue.

Now I'm downgrading to 1301, via EZFlash, to see if something changes.

I did not mention that, but on Windows 10 all the ports are working as they should.
I tried to downgrade to 1503 and 1401 but IORegistryExplorer shows XHCI@14 empty as before. I think that some ACPI tables of my bios are messed, but I don't understand why. I read in this topic another guy @jaminmc who has the same board but it seems that he did not had this issue.

Now I'm downgrading to 1301, via EZFlash, to see if something changes.

Many do have your board but nobody never ever faced such issue.

BTW.. did you ever try to do a CMOS and NVRAM reset? A clean install of macOS might be another option.

Many do have your board but nobody never ever faced such issue.

BTW.. did you ever try to do a CMOS and NVRAM reset? A clean install of macOS might be another option.

After downgrade to 1301 it seems to be fixed. Now in IORegistryExplorer I see the XHCI@14 fully populated, and since I already had the 15 port limit kext the usb ports are now working as expected.
At this point, I would ask if others who have the X299 Prime has tried bios 1401, 1503, 1602 and eventually they can confirm this problem.

After downgrade to 1301 it seems to be fixed. Now in IORegistryExplorer I see the XHCI@14 fully populated, and since I already had the 15 port limit kext the usb ports are now working as expected.
At this point, I would ask if others who have the X299 Prime has tried bios 1401, 1503, 1602 and eventually they can confirm this problem.

The problem seems to be 1603. 1503 should work for sure. And even 1603 might work if you reflash the board and perform a CMOS reset subsequently, as I did. Seems that 1603 can mess up something on the board though. A reflash and CMOS reset can fix the issue. It might be an issue of 1603 in general not only affecting the Prime-A. Seems there was another change in the BIOS file system which occasionally can spoil part of the BIOS if not properly converted. I am also not able to implement the imacpro splash screen image in the original 1603 BIOS firmware. In my case after first time flashing 1603, I was not even able to boot my system due to error „GPU firmware not loaded“. Reflashing 1603 und a subsequent cmos reset totally removed the issue.

Don‘t use unpatched 1301 firmware. Your MSR will be locked.

I guess we will see 1703 within a view days for all ASUS X299 mobos ;)

Good luck

Last edited:
The problem seems to be 1602. 1503 should work for sure. And even 1602 might work if you reflash the board and perform a CMOS reset subsequently. Seems that 1602 can mess up something on the board. A reflash and CMOS reset can fix the issue. It might be an issue of 1602 in general not only affecting the Prime-A. Seems there was another change in the BIOS file system which occasionally can spoil part of the BIOS if not properly converted. I am also not able to implement the imacpro splash screen image in the original 1602 BIOS firmware. In my case after first time flashing 1602, I was not even able to boot my system due to error „GPU firmware not loaded“. Reflashing 1602 und a subsequent cmos reset totally removed the issue.

Don‘t use unpatched 1301 firmware. Your MSR will be locked.

I guess we will see 1702 within a view days for all ASUS X299 mobos ;)

Good luck

The CMOS reset isn’t automatically performer afterhours every flash? I mean, settings are reverted to stock after flash and I thought that was enough.
Was my wrong, I’m used with gigabyte motherboard. Is my first time with an Asus board and macOS

The CMOS reset isn’t automatically performer afterhours every flash? I mean, settings are reverted to stock after flash and I thought that was enough.
Was my wrong, I’m used with gigabyte motherboard. Is my first time with an Asus board and macOS

This is my first severe firmware issue with ASUS. Never seen such big mess and flaw before.

KGP, I have a X299 Alienware Area 51 R4 w/ i9 7980XE, 32 GB ram, etc. Do you think I could install Mojave or should I dump the Alienware MSI mb and replace it with a Asus X299 Deluxe?

Thanks, John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back