Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with receiving a Invild UEFI Volume or Root Volume cannot be grown error using the UEFItool to ad the iMac Pro raw image file?

Trying to update to 1602

Thanks

Yes.. me.. ;)

S
Yes.. me.. ;)

Haha :) some how that feels resoundingly positive :p Hope your well my friend.. thank you for your help with the SSDT and everything.. my system has never been better. absolutely no issues.

Cheers.

Reactions: kgp
Just follow this guideline, which is anyway also linked within post 1 of this thread (guide).

Good luck,

KGP
Very nice!! Love your guide, and your site... ;)

@kgp, Just one generic question.

If you were about to implement a completely different motherboard chipset (Asrock H370-ITX/ac) with a different SMBIOS (last Mac mini 2018: Macmini8,1) from scratch, what steps and guides you would follow to achieve the complete EFI vanilla loader?

I guess one or the first guides to follow is the one I am quoting... what about the rest?

I am sure you have a methodology looking your perfectly organized and well structured guides.

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes.. me.. ;)
Ok I spoke to soon.. I have no USB activity after the system starts to boot into OSX.. something has changed during the update..

After the Bios 1602 that is.

Last edited:
@PedroJSkywalker, Why didn't get the Gigabyte Vega 64 OC (the 6 ports, non reference model), if it is supposed to be free of problems? Even doesn't need whatevergreen... as the guide claims.
@kgp, why do you have Sapphire instead the Gigabyte knowing that?
Thanks!!
Especially because it is the one with KGP.

KGP Thank you for your clarifications with my last doubts.

I have been looking at reviews but it is not specified in what speed is established with the soft bios, not even the official sapphire page and if it lowers only the speed of the GPU or the memory as well.

Out of curiosity you know?
A greeting.

USB Kext is not working properly under 10.14.2.
All the back panel USB 3 ports are working but at wrong speeds.
Thank you! For all your efforts. Incredible guide!

SORRY IS WORKING FINE!

Last edited:
For those having problems with H264/HVC, DRM & Airplay using RX580 with combo update 10.14.2, until a better solution comes around, the fix is to install the dummy kext (attached) in clover/kexts/other; and/or replacing the AppleGVA.framework (attached) in /S/L/PrivateFrameworks.
You'll need to rebuild the DYLD cache after replacing the AppleGVA.framework:
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

I also use the tools attached to clean Kext cache & NVRAM.
Cheers!

Attachments

• dummy141.kext.zip
    1 KB · Views: 384
  • tools.zip
    698.1 KB · Views: 324
  • AppleGVA.framework.zip
    959.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back