Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• JYA-iMacPro-ASRock-X299PGXE-XHCI-15port.kext.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 59
  • JYA-iMacPro-ASRock-X299PGXE-XHCI.kext.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 65
As per thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/xhc-usb-kext-creation-guideline.242999/page-7

This is the updated kext for the ASRock x299 Professional gaming.

@kgp: if HS06 and SSP6 are all shared by the 3 ports, it's likely there's a ASM107x hub in between, and as such should be marked 255.

Yes likely, although my system works flawless also by attributing "3" to them..

Can you please also add your fully implemented kext to post #423, thus I can reload both kexts to the library?

Or are there not any changes since yesterday?

Or are there not any changes since yesterday?

just changing back HS09/SSP1 from 3 to 255.
I updated the previous post with the two zip

BTW, sleep still doesn't work for me (it never did). The mac goes to sleep after about 1 minute and will immediately turn back on. After which nothing respond : no screen, no keyboard. Must reboot.

A while back I got it to sleep by disabling the PRW method of the ETH0 and some other device method. But once powered back on, all Thunderbolt devices and SATA disk were dismounted. Had to reboot to make it work again.

@kgp, mate I just cant get this SSDT to popularise.. can I send you My ioreg and SSDT file? it would be a big help!

I'd like to report some success in using the
Asus ROG Strix RX580
with 10.14.1.

The computer boots and recognises the card, macOS seems accelerated, and I have a reasonable Geekbench Compute. The system sleeps and wakes (at least I tried this for a few seconds).

The only thing so far is that Unigine Heaven crashes when I press the "Benchmark" button. It used to work with Nvidia under 10.13.

I am running Clover 4674 (will update soon to the latest one) with just:
FakeSMC.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext VoodooTSCSync.kext

I have a minimal config.plist, since this is a test system. It is now time to update my full working system from 13.6 to 14.1 (and change my sig from Nvidia 1070 to And RX580). :D and scared...

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 18.21.32.png
Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 18.40.38.png

Reactions: kgp
Asus ROG Strix RX580
with 10.14.1.

The computer boots and recognises the card, macOS seems accelerated, and I have a reasonable Geekbench Compute. The system sleeps and wakes (at least I tried this for a few seconds).

The only thing so far is that Unigine Heaven crashes when I press the "Benchmark" button. It used to work with Nvidia under 10.13.

I have a minimal config.plist, since this is a test system. It is now time to update my full working system from 13.6 to 14.1 (and change my sig from Nvidia 1070 to And RX580). :D and scared...

View attachment 363513 View attachment 363514

Did you watch GPU temps before Unigine Heaven crashes?

Asus ROG Strix RX580
with 10.14.1.

View attachment 363513 View attachment 363514
Awesome!

I got my Rx 580 to run yesterday with acceleration too. Scores at
139408 and Idles at 50 degrees throughout the test

Did you use Whatevergreen+ Lilu? did you also ad the card to your SSDT? im trying to add mine to the SSDT but haven't managed to get all my PCI Devices to show up. the system runs smoothly no doubt.

Last edited:
just changing back HS09/SSP1 from 3 to 255.
I updated the previous post with the two zip

BTW, sleep still doesn't work for me (it never did). The mac goes to sleep after about 1 minute and will immediately turn back on. After which nothing respond : no screen, no keyboard. Must reboot.

A while back I got it to sleep by disabling the PRW method of the ETH0 and some other device method. But once powered back on, all Thunderbolt devices and SATA disk were dismounted. Had to reboot to make it work again.

So you reloaded files in post #423? Should I once more upload them to GitHub.

Before introducing my truncated 15-port XHC USB kext and removing the port limit patch, I always witnessed random wakes from sleep which sometimes ended in KP/black screen.

Now my system sleeps like a baby. Wake also works flawless. Only problem, KP/Blackscreen on Wake with TB devices connected to the GC-Titan Ridge during sleep.

Possible solutions for your system sleep issues:

1.) Remove all PWR entries from all System SSDTs but Vega-SSDT and TB-SSDT. This is definitely the best configuration.
2.) A properly defined XHC UB kext is the keystone for successful system sleep and wake. Ports with wrong USBConnector number (type) are the best source for random wake issues.

Asus ROG Strix RX580
with 10.14.1.
Well, after this first boot I couldn't reproduce it anymore. I get the usual black screen. I have tried booting into Windows (no problem there) and back into macOS and also shutting down the machine and removing the power cord. Nothing, I could not reproduce the first successful boot. Time to try the whatervergreen kext. Sorry for the false hopes.

Well, after this first boot I couldn't reproduce it anymore. I get the usual black screen. I have tried booting into Windows (no problem there) and back into macOS and also shutting down the machine and removing the power cord. Nothing, I could not reproduce the first successful boot. Time to try the whatervergreen kext. Sorry for the false hopes.

Whatevergreen ist mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back