Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KPG, have you tried the Asus motherboard WS x299 family ? They look more suited for what I need, but I wonder if they are compatible, MSR unlocked, etc.

Planning to couple it with the i9-7980xe and your recommended TB card.

Thank you for any insight you might have.

I have the ws X299 sage and have tried the 10g version and they are both compatible with the guide. Works great only ssdt implementation is different

New GIGABYTE X299-WU8 Workstation Motherboard
https://www.anandtech.com/show/13528/new-gigabyte-x299-wu8-workstation-motherboard

2018102413391139_src_678x452.png

Looks the gigabyte version of the WS X299 sage

Hey KPG, have you tried the Asus motherboard WS x299 family ? They look more suited for what I need, but I wonder if they are compatible, MSR unlocked, etc.

Planning to couple it with the i9-7980xe and your recommended TB card.

Thank you for any insight you might have.

Good idea.. @djlild7hina can certainly help you with the implementation.

Revised Section E.4) - USB Configuration for 10.14.1 USB2.0 and USB3.0 compatibility

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Revised Section E.4) - USB Configuration for 10.14.1 USB2.0 and USB3.0 compatibility

Enjoy and have fun,

View attachment 361835

Do you think this port limit issue is something that’s going to eventually be fixed for Mojave, or do you think it’s permanent going forward?

Do you think this port limit issue is something that’s going to eventually be fixed for Mojave, or do you think it’s permanent going forward?

At present nobody knows how to solve it. The rest would be pure speculation :rolleyes:.

Thank you for this kext. It saved me a lot of time, and trouble.....upgrade to 10.14.1 went well because of it!

Reactions: kgp
At present nobody knows how to solve it. The rest would be pure speculation :rolleyes:.

Given that Apple doesn't supply lots of USB ports on their systems, I don't know why they would change this limitation. We see it as a limitation, but I don't think they do. Now if someone hacks their way into providing more ports, that would be different.....

And, I can tell you one possible way around it. If you had a TB hub, or maybe even a USB 3.1 hub, it might allow more active ports. In my case, my TB hub, which has USB ports on it, all are active and I believe it's because it's not coming directly from the motherboard but rather through the TB bus.

Given that Apple doesn't supply lots of USB ports on their systems, I don't know why they would change this limitation. We see it as a limitation, but I don't think they do. Now if someone hacks their way into providing more ports, that would be different.....

We already had a working patch until recently. That’s also why all your ports have been fully functional for now! However, our patch stopped working due to unknown reason already under 10.14.1 betas.

This just for clarification.

Nobody expects Apple to change their port limit regulation.

Cheers,

KGP

Total revision of my former XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline

Note that I just finished a major revision of my XHC USB Kext Creation Guideline in the spirit of the 10.14.1 com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI USB port limit kernel patch flaw.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back