Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @kgp today is THE day, do you think your EFI folder will need some tweaks for the stable final build of Mojave or we could just take this EFI and use it to install the final release out today?

Hey @kgp today is THE day, do you think your EFI folder will need some tweaks for the stable final build of Mojave or we could just take this EFI and use it to install the final release out today?

:lol:;):wave:... let me check everything after updating to 10.14.0. Then we'll see.. ;)

I will use my current PB10 EFI-Folder for the 10.14.0 update, to see if there is any change e.g. concerning the USB port limit patch, etc.

I might come up with a slightly modified EFI-Folder in any case, as there will be few other changes in the config.plist (e.g. the removal of Lilu and Lilu Plugin Beta boot flags). I also will implement the most actual Clover distribution.

Thus.. I recommend to be patient in any case if you really want to be totally save with your update to 10.14.0. :thumbup:

:lol:;):wave:... let me check everything after updating to 10.14.0. Then we'll see.. ;)

I will use my current PB10 EFI-Folder for the 10.14.0 update, to see if there is any change e.g. concerning the USB port limit patch, etc.

I might come up with a slightly modified EFI-Folder in any case, as there will be few other changes in the config.plist (e.g. the removal of Lilu and Lilu Plugin Beta boot flags). I also will implement the most actual Clover distribution.

Thus.. I recommend to be patient in any case if you really want to be totally save with your update to 10.14.0. :thumbup:

ok great! but how I should update form HS to Mojave? I mean, when I should switch folders (the old one with the new one) etc. ?

ok great! but how I should update form HS to Mojave? I mean, when I should switch folders (the old one with the new one) etc. ?

Same question, same answer:

Complete the new EFI-Folder in line with your current working EFI-Folder.

Same question, same answer:

Complete the new EFI-Folder in line with your current working EFI-Folder.

Yep I know, but do you suggest a clean install and then a backup load or a simple update from HS to Mojave?

Yep I know, but do you suggest a clean install and then a backup load or a simple update from HS to Mojave?

It depends on your third party software, and to which point the latter is compatible with Mojave..

You did not try any of the 10.14 public betas before?

Anyway I strongly recommend to perform a clean install on a new, separate system disk, especially in your case my friend ;)

a part from MS Office I got no particular software 3rd party, I think I will perform a clean install straight to my main 970Pro :p In any case I know who to stress if something will go wrong, my friend! ahahah see you later when monkeys will release the update on the App Store! all the best @kgp !

PS I haven't tried any beta so far

well, its has been 2 days right now I'm running this current Mojave build without CSM disabled and removal of -lilubetaall, seems like working fine
whatevergreen still needed at least in my case
don't now about lilu, will try later
also I have been updated to the latest clover build (v4674) and removing applekeyfeeder since with that my keyboard won't work
so I think we will ready for final release of Mojave

thank you @kgp :thumbup::wave::clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Seems like ages since I checked into one of these threads.... Just a quick update and thanks once again to @kgp.

Used this guide to perform a clean install of the Mojave beta on my Hack over the weekend.

Apart from a small issue with the applekeyfeeder file, everything went as somoothly as can be expected and I think my little rig much prefers Mojave to High Sierra. Thanks again guys and keep up the good work.

yes, updated to final version of Mojave, working great :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 02.23.55.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 02.23.55.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back