Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy you made other one.

Regarding the patch to IOAHCIBlockStorage for enabling TRIM - do you find you still need this for your NVMe 960 EVO's, @kgp? My 960 EVO and my 970 EVO report that TRIM is enabled without ever using this patch.

Regarding the patch to IOAHCIBlockStorage for enabling TRIM - do you find you still need this for your NVMe 960 EVO's, @kgp? My 960 EVO and my 970 EVO report that TRIM is enabled without ever using this patch.

Don't ask me.. try it without..

Seems to me that the patch is unnecessary for these devices - both of my NVMe drives report "TRIM Support: Yes" :clap:

Thanks KGP : I have a new dedicated SSD for installation and testing, so this weekend will be interesting and fine !

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
I tried using the Nvidia driver repackager, but I still can't get the Nvidia web drivers to load. The option is grayed out in System Preferences.

Also, I can't get USB 3 drives to work. I implemented the USB port patch in the guide and have the kext installed as well.

Last edited:
I got the Nvidia drivers to load by using boot arguments "-ngfxcompat=1" and "-ngfxbeta". Graphics kind of break up/stutter a bit as it draws on the screen. Not really usable.

Still no USB 3.

IOReg and config attached.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    14.2 MB · Views: 201
  • config-mojave.plist
    23.5 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
@kgp iStat Menus 6.2 will have a fix for the extra cores issue - should be out in about a week:

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 14.43.59.png

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back