Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated to 10.14.2 and it went flawlessly (@kgp's favorite comment, yes?).

At any rate, the entire community has benefited from @kgp's hard work, I wouldn't have this system performing this well without your hard work, and I thank you for it!

Last edited:
.2 update went smooth.

i hope Apple fixed the Premiere crash.

Has anyone updated the Bios to 1602 on an X299A and lost all usb connectivity while booting to OSX? I reverted to my old 1401 Bios and all issues went away.

Has anyone updated the Bios to 1602 on an X299A and lost all usb connectivity while booting to OSX? I reverted to my old 1401 Bios and all issues went away.
Yeah happened to me. I reverted back to 1503. Though I’m on rampage vi extreme

Last edited:
Yeah happened to me. I reverted back to 1503. Though I’m on rampage vi extreme

Thanks for letting me know, I think I missed the 1503 update.. but that's good to know.

Hey @kgp your geekbench is overclocked or out of the box ? Just asking because the whole custom watercooling solution is too far fetched for me and I prefer to settle with a big fat AIO water cooling solution.

If it is, what is the middle ground for us using AIO instead of custom cooling/delids

Thank you,

Ark.

Hey @kgp your geekbench is overclocked or out of the box ? Just asking because the whole custom watercooling solution is too far fetched for me and I prefer to settle with a big fat AIO water cooling solution.

If it is, what is the middle ground for us using AIO instead of custom cooling/delids

Thank you,

Ark.

4.7 GHz OC with Sync All Cores

Just updated to 10.14.2 and it went flawlessly.
Indeed!
This time i ran the update completely unattended because, why not? :mrgreen:
After a couple of minutes i was greeted with the usual post install screen and i was done. Nice!
Everything works as before - including USB ports.

Reactions: kgp
Hello KGP, with your SSDT edition and specifically "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable", "PP_DisablePowerContainment" and "PP_FuzzyFanControl"
What will happen when putting the second Bios "soft mode" which operates in the base 1,273MHz / 1,529MHz range. full?
Will your SSDT force it without the soft Bios taking effect?
And what will happen to the fans?
If there are no more delays tomorrow I will get the nitro + Vega 64 sapphire and it would be excellent for me to work in the 1,273MHz base / 1,529MHz range. full but due to your implementation that obviously is brilliant I do not know what effect it will have to put as I say soft bios.
Greetings.

Hello KGP, with your SSDT edition and specifically "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable", "PP_DisablePowerContainment" and "PP_FuzzyFanControl"
What will happen when putting the second Bios "soft mode" which operates in the base 1,273MHz / 1,529MHz range. full?
Will your SSDT force it without the soft Bios taking effect?
And what will happen to the fans?
If there are no more delays tomorrow I will get the nitro + Vega 64 sapphire and it would be excellent for me to work in the 1,273MHz base / 1,529MHz range. full but due to your implementation that obviously is brilliant I do not know what effect it will have to put as I say soft bios.
Greetings.

If you want to apply the stick BIOS "soft mode" remove "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable", "PP_DisablePowerContainment" and "PP_FuzzyFanControl" from the SSDT. Alternatively, you can of course also modify the "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable". In the latter case there is absolutely no need to switch between the two hard wired modes of your GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back