Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my dude! So happy. Hope it all works. Sorry I didn't chime in earlier.

I think you solved my problem which I spent months trying to figure out. :headbang:

Just tried with my Sony BT headphones and I could go past walls with very minimal drop outs. Mind you it’s using aptX which is more bandwidth than AAC used by AirPods.

I will still shield the cables (waiting for them to come in) and I think that would make this a perfect setup :mrgreen:

I have a feeling when you buy a real Mac, Apple has fine tuned these settings to the firmware already and added some shielding to the antennas, so that’s the reason why Apple BT/Wi-Fi is always pretty solid.

One thing I did notice was the Wi-Fi is a tad bit slower since it’s being shared now, but I don’t mind. And I haven’t done proper tests yet except some initial impressions. I may be wrong so don’t quote me on this yet.

Last edited:
Hi KGP, tomorrow I get the sapphire vega 64, I also ordered the source Corsair HX1200i 80 plus platinum.
I noticed that this sapphire has 3 pci-e connectors, as watts like this card.
I have also seen that, like the reference model, it has two bios, one with the stock speeds and the other that seems to lower the frequency to be fresher.
Can I put the bios soft?
With the power it offers, it's enough for me and if that way it drops a few degrees better.
What side is the bios switch to the soft mode?

right-hand side

@PedroJSkywalker, Why didn't get the Gigabyte Vega 64 OC (the 6 ports, non reference model), if it is supposed to be free of problems? Even doesn't need whatevergreen... as the guide claims.
@kgp, why do you have Sapphire instead the Gigabyte knowing that?
Thanks!!

@kgp,

Is your hot-pluggable TB3 implementation only possible on the X299 board? I have an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO (a Z270 board) with the Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge TB3 PCIe Card, and I was trying to see if hot-pluggable Thunderbolt 3 was possible with my system. Thanks!

@kgp,

Is your hot-pluggable TB3 implementation only possible on the X299 board? I have an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO (a Z270 board) with the Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge TB3 PCIe Card, and I was trying to see if hot-pluggable Thunderbolt 3 was possible with my system. Thanks!

Works with any mobo. But you will likely have to adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacements within the SSDT depending on mobo and PCIe slot population. Don’t forget to use SSDT-DTPG.aml in addition.

@PedroJSkywalker, Why didn't get the Gigabyte Vega 64 OC (the 6 ports, non reference model), if it is supposed to be free of problems? Even doesn't need whatevergreen... as the guide claims.
@kgp, why do you have Sapphire instead the Gigabyte knowing that?
Thanks!!

Because there is no custom water blocking for the GB Vega!

Works with any mobo. But you will likely have to adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacements within the SSDT depending on mobo and PCIe slot population. Don’t forget to use SSDT-DTPG.aml in addition.

@kgp,

I have been using/building hackintoshes for many years, but I have never delved deep enough into Clover to learn much about how to "adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacements" or about using any SSDT's other than what folder to save them in in the Clover EFI.

I read section E.9.1) ACPI DSDT Replacement Implementation of your X299 guide: iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide].

Are these changes you mentioned earlier (above) that I need to make to my Clover EFI on my Maximus IX system something where your X299 guide is applicable
OR is there another guide for my application already written,
OR is it something that is going to require a lot of time learning and trial & error to implement on my system? I am not against spending time learning new things, but I am just trying to see what is in store if I choose to go for this.

Thanks!

@kgp,

I have been using/building hackintoshes for many years, but I have never delved deep enough into Clover to learn much about how to "adopt ACPI path and ACPI replacements" or about using any SSDT's other than what folder to save them in in the Clover EFI.

I read section E.9.1) ACPI DSDT Replacement Implementation of your X299 guide: iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide].

Are these changes you mentioned earlier (above) that I need to make to my Clover EFI on my Maximus IX system something where your X299 guide is applicable
OR is there another guide for my application already written,
OR is it something that is going to require a lot of time learning and trial & error to implement on my system? I am not against spending time learning new things, but I am just trying to see what is in store if I choose to go for this.

Thanks!

Just follow this guideline, which is anyway also linked within post 1 of this thread (guide).

Good luck,

KGP

Anyone with receiving a Invild UEFI Volume or Root Volume cannot be grown error using the UEFItool to ad the iMac Pro raw image file?

Trying to update to 1602

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back